10 pound countdown to the New Year....

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be an official weigh in day?? To check in once a week or something?

Marvellous idea this...so, are we going to have an official day to weigh in?

Actually someone should try and convince Tall_t to join this challenge. She'll soon whip it all into shape and organise it all....She is superb!

Official weigh in on Monday in case you didn't see it!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I WANT TO JOIN! This is AWESOME!

Current* Weight: 165
    New Year's Weight: 155
    Goal Weight: 140

*This is actually last Sunday's weight, and I definitely feel that I've already lost this week, seeing as how I'm actually just losing what I gained at Thanksgiving. I'm dying to step on the scale, but I don't want to get into a bad constantly-checking-the-scale habit. :brokenheart:

:drinker: DRINK WATER!! :drinker: DRINK WATER!! :drinker: DRINK WATER!! :drinker: (Actually, I pulled my nalgene out of my backpack and started drinking while reading this!)

Hungry Girl's recipes are GREAT! I made brownies using Devil's Food Cake mix and a can of pumpkin (instead of eggs, oil, and milk) and took it to the big family Thanksgiving meal. Everyone scarfed them down! Afterward I told them they were low cal and they didn't believe me! :laugh: Then for my Thanksgiving meal with just my parents, I suggested to my mom that instead of a pie or something that we should bake some spiced apples. They were DELICIOUS!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Isn't it funny how we can still enjoy ourselves and not feel deprived it's just a matter of making smart choices.

My husband is trying to eat better - he's lost about 16 pounds - he's not on here but he called me at lunch and said he blew it today - and I said no - you made the choice to eat the BBQ and French Fries which you were craving and you'll get right back to smarter choices. I truly think if something is completely tabu that we'll want it more - I eat something if I truly want it in a reasonable qty and be sure I am very careful on somthing else in the same day (lighter lunch like yogurt and special K bar and lots of water if we're eating out for dinner)

We can't choose to eat good temporarily and lose weight and go back to our old habits - if we do we'll be right back to where we started. (I am preaching to myself here with this)

I have learned so much off of everyone here and I am so grateful. I have never lost weight in my life on my own, I've always taken something like Phentermine but of course once off of it, weight came back with vengence. So I'll close my rambling with this....

Thanks for joining me in this Countdown to the New Year as we work on the new us. Your support is amazing!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how we can still enjoy ourselves and not feel deprived it's just a matter of making smart choices.

My husband is trying to eat better - he's lost about 16 pounds - he's not on here but he called me at lunch and said he blew it today - and I said no - you made the choice to eat the BBQ and French Fries which you were craving and you'll get right back to smarter choices. I truly think if something is completely tabu that we'll want it more - I eat something if I truly want it in a reasonable qty and be sure I am very careful on somthing else in the same day (lighter lunch like yogurt and special K bar and lots of water if we're eating out for dinner)

We can't choose to eat good temporarily and lose weight and go back to our old habits - if we do we'll be right back to where we started. (I am preaching to myself here with this)

I have learned so much off of everyone here and I am so grateful. I have never lost weight in my life on my own, I've always taken something like Phentermine but of course once off of it, weight came back with vengence. So I'll close my rambling with this....

Thanks for joining me in this Countdown to the New Year as we work on the new us. Your support is amazing!

Thanks for your "rambling" :laugh:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late then i would love to joint this group too!
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!! :bigsmile:

I'm super excited crazy hyper right now and I'm not actually sure why. I feel I should really use the energy, but there's a very big blanket of snow (and more falling steadily) between me and the gym...

"Dance It Off" DVD, here I come! :love:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Chrissyh: I have to totally agree with you! If we try and take away all the food we love and enjoy even if it is bad for us we are going to crave it and want it so bad that we binge on it and feel bad and fall off and who knows how long it will take to come back!. I workout everyday so when I do have something bad like last night I had Mcdonalds double cheeseburger combo with a diet coke but I was still under my calories for the day, worked out and drank 12 glasses of water and guess what I was doing again at 7am this morning....working out! I dont feel bad when I cheat because what is done is done no reason to beat yourself up about it, what is that going to do? NOTHING!

Keep your heads up high and get right back on track!
    Well all have a goal to meet by dec 32/08!!!!!!!
  • butterflydiva
    Options
    I love challenges, keeps me motivated. Count me in for anywhere betwen 5 to 10lbs by the new year.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    I love challenges, keeps me motivated. Count me in for anywhere betwen 5 to 10lbs by the new year.

I L:heart: VE the picture on your ticker! :love:
  • chrissyh
    Options

I put you down for 5 - if you go over that's great!

Our group keeps on growing! This is awesome!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to play!!

Current weight: 144
    Weight by New Year's: 139
    Goal Weight: 130
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    2 down 3 to go. :happy: Let me tell you, I'll be working hard this weekend to keep those first 2 off!
    (And I have a feeling that they are Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie weight. :tongue: )
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My whole body is so sore right now especially my tummy. I did Bosu for the first time yesterday and the crunches on that thing really make me sore. And then today is step we did a ton of things with weights. My arms are going feel like they might fall off in the morning Im sure of it. Tomorrow they are doing a fitness thing at the rec center. 2 hours of working out to raise money for a charity. I will probably die at the end of it LOL.

Connie
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Is it too late to play!!

Current weight: 144
    Weight by New Year's: 139
    Goal Weight: 130

Never to late to play! I've got you gown for 5

This is a big group - it's going to be cool to see how much of us is gone in December!
    Way to go yellowpepper.
    Connie- what's BOSU? Sounds like a good workout - keep up your hard work
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Connie: where did you get your bosu and how much was it?
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    They have a website www.bosu.com.
    I'm checking it out now
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My whole body is so sore right now especially my tummy. [...] Tomorrow they are doing a fitness thing at the rec center. 2 hours of working out to raise money for a charity. I will probably die at the end of it LOL.

And yet there is something very (VERY) rewarding about having to massage your aching arms muscles in the morning... like saying "hello world, I'm really alive."
  • chrissyh
    Options
    the bosu looks really cool - keep us up to date on what you think of it
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I'm off to a less than fabulous start... but tomorrow is a new day and it will be a very good one!

I'm back to the gym tomorrow and I am actually looking forward to it.
  • butterflydiva
    Options

I put you down for 5 - if you go over that's great!

Our group keeps on growing! This is awesome!

That's perfect. Something to keep me motivated :bigsmile: