Back on the bandwagon!

Options
Well I fell off, so to say. Things got busy. Holidays rushed on me. I have not been exercising quite as much b/c I like being outside vs the gym and it has been cold. I got busy doing other stuff and did not log in my food for a few weeks. Excuses, excuses! NO MORE!

I woke this morning and decided it was time to get back on track seeing that my jeans still fit and I would like them to continue to do so! So here I am. I went to the gym all ready and plan on going back tonight for a BodyPump class. I have eaten quite healthy today and feel so much better than I have the last five days of constant eating! It is really quite amazing how much better I feel. Sometimes I wonder why I make those bad choices when the consequences are feeling crappy and fat. Crazy. Well anyway, I am back and plan of making it through this month with no extra poundage and unscathed. And maybe even a little loss hopefully.

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Well I fell off, so to say. Things got busy. Holidays rushed on me. I have not been exercising quite as much b/c I like being outside vs the gym and it has been cold. I got busy doing other stuff and did not log in my food for a few weeks. Excuses, excuses! NO MORE!

I woke this morning and decided it was time to get back on track seeing that my jeans still fit and I would like them to continue to do so! So here I am. I went to the gym all ready and plan on going back tonight for a BodyPump class. I have eaten quite healthy today and feel so much better than I have the last five days of constant eating! It is really quite amazing how much better I feel. Sometimes I wonder why I make those bad choices when the consequences are feeling crappy and fat. Crazy. Well anyway, I am back and plan of making it through this month with no extra poundage and unscathed. And maybe even a little loss hopefully.
  • JoiceKelley
    Options
    Hey! Me Too! Pretty close to the same excuses.................... I got a blister on my foot from new sneakers and "couldn't walk" the 3-4 miles that I was doing daily............. and heck if you can't walk 3-4 miles, what's the point in walking? Next thing you know weeks have gone by. Stupid.

Snow hit the ground and I am jolted into the realization that I'm not ready to go skiing! That was my goal, to be ready to ski downhill for the first time since I was pregnant with Christine (now 21).

In lieu of the trip to the gym, I x-country skied for 40 minutes and hope to get back out there before it gets dark (no moon tonight).

And you're right about eating healthy. I have for two days now, and really do feel better for it.

Good luck. ................ it's fate. We both return the same day after messing up.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Here's to us then:drinker: ! To better food and more exercise so we can live long, healthy and happy lives!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    fell off? Heck, read my posts, I have been struggling for a year now.

But as for today, I started back to it.

Well, good day all, as my first day back, I have walked about 5 miles today. Started with eggs and bacon, 1 serv portion. Then no lunch, had to leave work early and get some crap done, then dinner was garlic butter shrimp and a big "crapless" romane salad.

2 diet drinks with splenda and coffee and water.

Snowing here, it is pretty, but not laying a whole lot.
    Congrats on your new start! I too fell off this weekend. Somehow I gained a bunch of weight back. Just from 4 days! But the important thing is to stay motivated and continue! We are going to do this together!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    After a week of eating whatever the heck I want my tummy is feeling a little hungry right now and I am right at my calorie limit so with that in mind I think I will call it a night and let sleep take over so I stay out of the kitchen! I think I can. I think I can. I think I can!
  • JoiceKelley
    Options
    Ok, I made it through one day................ sad isn't it.

It was too dark to ski -- not a star in the sky.... couldn't see where I was going. The dog and I walked on the road. We were good untill he got to a driveway that he wouldn't walk past. Odd. Kind of spooked me. Wonder what he saw that I didn't.

But......................... we're back on track. He's definately happy to be back out walking. It really does feel good, and makes me wonder why I don't stay at it.

Managed to keep my calorie intake down. Yea............ Christmas Party this weekend -- maybe the smaller dress will fit.

I have a hard time choking down 8 glasses of water. Do coffee and tea count?
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    1.5 days down! Many more to go!
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on too! I go home for the holidays in a few weeks and I want to look GOOD. how much can I realistically lose between now and then? LOL j/k. I know it's a few pounds, but I'll take it!
  • kody1234
    kody1234 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    woo I'm back as of today as well! I really haven't done much the past couple weeks and I've eaten like crap...and I felt it....so as of today...I went shopping and got my good for me foods and worked out this morning(it was a short workout 23 minutes on the treadclimber...300 cals burned and then some push ups and crunches...but hey my first day back..lol)

can't wait...I want a hot body by X-mas...lol....I really just need to drop a few more lbs...but I need to tone up like crazy for sure!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I just feel so much better when I am eating and exercising. It just baffles me that even though I feel better inside and out when I eat right that I often make bad choices...what up with that??? It is not rational to choose to feel like crap when I know the opposite choice makes me feel great. Maybe my mind needs an overhaul. Off to spin class...oh joy!