Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back on the bandwagon!

ohthatbambi
ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Well I fell off, so to say. Things got busy. Holidays rushed on me. I have not been exercising quite as much b/c I like being outside vs the gym and it has been cold. I got busy doing other stuff and did not log in my food for a few weeks. Excuses, excuses! NO MORE!

I woke this morning and decided it was time to get back on track seeing that my jeans still fit and I would like them to continue to do so! So here I am. I went to the gym all ready and plan on going back tonight for a BodyPump class. I have eaten quite healthy today and feel so much better than I have the last five days of constant eating! It is really quite amazing how much better I feel. Sometimes I wonder why I make those bad choices when the consequences are feeling crappy and fat. Crazy. Well anyway, I am back and plan of making it through this month with no extra poundage and unscathed. And maybe even a little loss hopefully.

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    Well I fell off, so to say. Things got busy. Holidays rushed on me. I have not been exercising quite as much b/c I like being outside vs the gym and it has been cold. I got busy doing other stuff and did not log in my food for a few weeks. Excuses, excuses! NO MORE!

I woke this morning and decided it was time to get back on track seeing that my jeans still fit and I would like them to continue to do so! So here I am. I went to the gym all ready and plan on going back tonight for a BodyPump class. I have eaten quite healthy today and feel so much better than I have the last five days of constant eating! It is really quite amazing how much better I feel. Sometimes I wonder why I make those bad choices when the consequences are feeling crappy and fat. Crazy. Well anyway, I am back and plan of making it through this month with no extra poundage and unscathed. And maybe even a little loss hopefully.
  • Hey! Me Too! Pretty close to the same excuses.................... I got a blister on my foot from new sneakers and "couldn't walk" the 3-4 miles that I was doing daily............. and heck if you can't walk 3-4 miles, what's the point in walking? Next thing you know weeks have gone by. Stupid.

Snow hit the ground and I am jolted into the realization that I'm not ready to go skiing! That was my goal, to be ready to ski downhill for the first time since I was pregnant with Christine (now 21).

In lieu of the trip to the gym, I x-country skied for 40 minutes and hope to get back out there before it gets dark (no moon tonight).

And you're right about eating healthy. I have for two days now, and really do feel better for it.

Good luck. ................ it's fate. We both return the same day after messing up.
  • ohthatbambi
    Here's to us then:drinker: ! To better food and more exercise so we can live long, healthy and happy lives!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    fell off? Heck, read my posts, I have been struggling for a year now.

But as for today, I started back to it.

Well, good day all, as my first day back, I have walked about 5 miles today. Started with eggs and bacon, 1 serv portion. Then no lunch, had to leave work early and get some crap done, then dinner was garlic butter shrimp and a big "crapless" romane salad.

2 diet drinks with splenda and coffee and water.

Snowing here, it is pretty, but not laying a whole lot.
  • Congrats on your new start! I too fell off this weekend. Somehow I gained a bunch of weight back. Just from 4 days! But the important thing is to stay motivated and continue! We are going to do this together!
  • ohthatbambi
    After a week of eating whatever the heck I want my tummy is feeling a little hungry right now and I am right at my calorie limit so with that in mind I think I will call it a night and let sleep take over so I stay out of the kitchen! I think I can. I think I can. I think I can!
  • Ok, I made it through one day................ sad isn't it.

It was too dark to ski -- not a star in the sky.... couldn't see where I was going. The dog and I walked on the road. We were good untill he got to a driveway that he wouldn't walk past. Odd. Kind of spooked me. Wonder what he saw that I didn't.

But......................... we're back on track. He's definately happy to be back out walking. It really does feel good, and makes me wonder why I don't stay at it.

Managed to keep my calorie intake down. Yea............ Christmas Party this weekend -- maybe the smaller dress will fit.

I have a hard time choking down 8 glasses of water. Do coffee and tea count?
  • ohthatbambi
    1.5 days down! Many more to go!
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    I need to get back on too! I go home for the holidays in a few weeks and I want to look GOOD. how much can I realistically lose between now and then? LOL j/k. I know it's a few pounds, but I'll take it!
  • kody1234
    kody1234 Posts: 27 Member
    woo I'm back as of today as well! I really haven't done much the past couple weeks and I've eaten like crap...and I felt it....so as of today...I went shopping and got my good for me foods and worked out this morning(it was a short workout 23 minutes on the treadclimber...300 cals burned and then some push ups and crunches...but hey my first day back..lol)

can't wait...I want a hot body by X-mas...lol....I really just need to drop a few more lbs...but I need to tone up like crazy for sure!
  • ohthatbambi
    I just feel so much better when I am eating and exercising. It just baffles me that even though I feel better inside and out when I eat right that I often make bad choices...what up with that??? It is not rational to choose to feel like crap when I know the opposite choice makes me feel great. Maybe my mind needs an overhaul. Off to spin class...oh joy!
This discussion has been closed.