What Was Your First CD?

Options

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Metallica Master of Puppets!!!

I believe that was their first album released on CD.

Sorry, Hoss, The first album to be released on CD was Billy Joel's 52nd Street, that reached the market alongside Sony's CD player CDP-101 on October 1, 1982 in Japan.
    lolz-you-fail.jpg

I said, "their" meaning Metallica's first album released in CD format.
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    Ace of Base...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Sorry, Hoss, The first album to be released on CD was Billy Joel's 52nd Street, that reached the market alongside Sony's CD player CDP-101 on October 1, 1982 in Japan.

Right, and then Billy Joel, Lars Ulrich, and James Hetfield went on to form Metallica. Joel was promptly booted from the band due to his issues with violence and drug addiction, and replaced by Justin Timberlake (who played xylophone and cello). And that was the lineup for the next several years for this tango/bossa-nova super-trio.
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My first 2 cassette tapes were Juice Newton ( queen of hearts ) and the ET soundtrack both from Santa ...I really cannot remember my first Cd! All of the ones everybody keeps saying, I owned on cassette. LOL I guess maybe No Doubt ..not sure ( pardon the pun)
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    Blackstreet - No Diggity!!! I got it from my cousin, and we listened to that song a billion times.. lol
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Natalie Merchant Tigerlily. I know all of the albums songs by heart :)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say my first cd was something really awesome-or something.

But...I'm pretty sure it was a Spice Girls single I got for my birthday in middle school:blushing:

I am now going to go hide my face because of the embarrassment:laugh:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears' Oops I Did It Again.

I was young. That CD is still awesome.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I bought two CD's so both of these are my first:

Van Halen 50150
    Beastie Boys License to ill

And I still have both of them
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't remember; I have 1800+, it was probably folk music of some kind, maybe Indigo Girls...
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Well...My first Cassette tape (ya thats right I said it) I was 7 my dad got me blank tapes ( so I could record the radio) and Hootie and the blowfish Cracked Rear View <3 LMAO

First CDs Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Deana Carter, and Hanson!!! lmao!!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    If my memory serves me correctly I think it was Abba...or it might have been The Bee Gee's. I do remember buying Fleetwood Mac's single Albatross and playing it to death. The tune is so haunting and still makes the hairs on my neck stand up.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I wish I could say my first cd was something really awesome-or something.

But...I'm pretty sure it was a Spice Girls single I got for my birthday in middle school:blushing:

I am now going to go hide my face because of the embarrassment:laugh:

haha mine was spice girls too
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Trying to think WAY back here..... but I think it was Def Leppard's Hysteria. I loved it though
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

lolz-you-fail.jpg

I said, "their" meaning Metallica's first album released in CD format.

Well, don't use a pronoun without first identifying the antecedent.

These are forums, not novels. The post that I was quoting was about Metallica, so it shouldn't be needed for the average person to understand.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine was the Dazed and Confused soundtract.
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1985 Christmas bought Dire Straits 'Brothers in Arms' for my fiance (now hubby). Gave it to him and he shook his head because he did not know what to do with it, he did not own a CD player (can you even imagine!) nor did we know anyone with a CD player (read Stone Ages). His next gift he opened was a picture of the JVC stacking stereo system I had bought him. He jumped up on his water bed and started acting like a crazy man :) Oh, what great memories! Hubby sitting here just grabbed his ipad and started playing that CD.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Eagles Greatest Hits (1971-1975).

Note: I owned this first on vinyl when I was a kid, then cassette in the 80's, then CD (now its all loaded onto my iPod). Its a go-to album for me.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Hanson Mmmbop lol! I know its pathetic but I was like 12 and loved them!
  • lk227
    lk227 Posts: 28
    Options
    Weezer - the blue album. I still listen to it.