Hundred Pushups Challenge - DECEMBER

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey! there's the thread! I lost it!

I've actually had to take a mini break from the challenge b/c my elbow/shoulder has been acting up & it grinds when I do pushups. I'm hoping to do some tonight to see where I am to start over. :grumble: Hopefully there will be no grinding.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I read this a week or so ago, and thought it was a good idea - but didn't start until yesterday! Needless to say, today I feel miserable AND wonderful all at the same time. I absolutely love having sore muscles... hope that isn't weird. They just feel so great and modivating, like my body is actually changing.

I didn't realize pushups required so many different parts of your body. My shoulders/arms are sore of course - but so are my back muscles (all the way down to my butt), my stomach muscles and whatever muscles are right behind your boobies. :huh:

Needless to say... I :heart: pushups. :smooched:

Oh.. and I started on Week 1 (tier 2) with girlie pushups. :bigsmile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this on Monday. I'm excited to see how much stronger and better looking my arms will become. I'm turning 49 this month and don't want to get old lady arms yet.
  • keiko
    Options
    I started today! Day 1 level 2
    I will be really excited if I finish this in 6 weeks! I am doing the girl ones but if I can finish a 100 of the girl ones at the end of 6 weeks I think I will start over and do regular ones.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    MM - I am still going! I want that shirt!!! :happy:

I was late starting last week, so I decided to skip day 3 and start over week 6 on day 1 today. I am going to try and move on to the far right column this week, since I can do more than 60 now... I just dread that first day! Days 2 and 3 of the last week are so much easier for me - more shorter sets instead of fewer loooooong ones. Wish me luck!

Welcome, keiko and allenhm. 3BB - be careful with your shoulder! I have occasionally had problems with mine as well but so far nothing that a couple days of rest hasn't cured. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey gang-- we began week 2 of this challenge-- almost everyone is doing it, with the exception of my 18 year old who's in school, and the one year old who only can manage to lay down on the floor-- he can't seem to get the "push up" part-- it's precious.

Even 2 year old is doing his version of them-- so is 6 year old, 9 year old who has great form, 11 year old, 13 year old 15 year old, 16 year old and the 40 somethin' hubster-- all of us hittin' the floor. It's incredible.

Blessings have been many-- my one daughter golfs and has found much more strength in her swing. Go figure-- I did this for my family-- go me. But, go "all of you" for without you, I would never have learned of it.

This site is so special-- as time permits, I'll leave our updates.

God bless us all this day, my friends!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    hey gang-- we began week 2 of this challenge-- almost everyone is doing it, with the exception of my 18 year old who's in school, and the one year old who only can manage to lay down on the floor-- he can't seem to get the "push up" part-- it's precious.

Even 2 year old is doing his version of them-- so is 6 year old, 9 year old who has great form, 11 year old, 13 year old 15 year old, 16 year old and the 40 somethin' hubster-- all of us hittin' the floor. It's incredible.

Blessings have been many-- my one daughter golfs and has found much more strength in her swing. Go figure-- I did this for my family-- go me. But, go "all of you" for without you, I would never have learned of it.

This site is so special-- as time permits, I'll leave our updates.

God bless us all this day, my friends!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    awesome simply awesome....what a great example you are to the whole family my friend:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I PROMISE I'll do them today. My shoulder finally stopped popping & grinding. I don't think I'll be in the middle of week 4 anymore, though. :sad: A week off is tough.

Cp - how are you doing? Getting close to the 100?!

MM - you better not be doing any! :bigsmile:

Marla - you should take pictures of everyone doing them. It sounds so wonderful! Keep up the great work!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So I decided that since I wasn't sure where I was going to be week/day/level wise, I'd treat today as an "exhaustion" test & see if I was back to week 3 or if I was up to week 5. I did FORTY! WOO HOO! I could have probably pushed for 2 or 3 more, but didn't want to push my shoulder too much. So, 40 is the highest # for level 2 of week 5 so I'll start there for now...well, on Thursday. I'm so happy! I thought I'd be back down to doing like 15 or something. YAY! :happy:

Keiko - I'm doing the girly ones, too. I think I'll try the full form pushups after I make it to 100 of these, first like you are. Good luck to you!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late, but I'm going to start this...!! Starting on week 3, tomorrow!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I am just going to start this tomorrow. I did the test although I think I need to do it again. My 17 mth old kept getting in the way. I know I am probably either on level 1 or 2. I did do 20 pushups on my knees today in class but I did have to rest after 10 and then do more. So I will probably do this starting on my knees and then maybe work my way up to regular pushups. Wish me luck...... It is so hard to push up my 264 lbs.

Connie
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, I am so excited. Logically, it doesn't seem like anything to be excited about, but here goes.

I started this week on the pushup challenge, doing Week 1 teir 2. Today is my third day of week 1 and I had to do 8 pushups to start. Well, 5 days ago I had trouble doing 6. Now, I didn't even START to feel it until I hit 5. I am just so happy with my body right now, I didn't think things could happen that fast. :bigsmile: :glasses:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Of course it's something to be excited about-- you're getting stronger!!!!!! Hee ha!!!!!!!!!
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    WTG, John! When are you planning on attempting the 100? I bet you'd be pretty darn close!

Connie - welcome to the challenge! I don't know how you managed to do the pushups with your 17month old running around. I get on the floor & my kids think it is "mommy is a horse" time. :laugh: Hence, the reason pushups only happen during nap or bed time. Goofballs.

Tiddle - YAY! Good luck with week 3. That one kicked my butt!

Allenhm - Isn't fun how quickly we see results with this challenge! I love it!

Marla - how is the Marla clan doing with the pushups?

I'll be doing week 5, level 2, day 1 today as soon as I get my butt out of my pjs. I'll post back later :bigsmile:
  • keiko
    Options
    I did level 2 day 2.

allenhm, I'm excited too! It's fun to work towards a healthy goal with like minded people. I like being able to post that I did another day.

marla, I think a family pic would be cute. It's great that your daughter is learning the benifit of exercise and seeing a result.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Here's my clan-- week 2, day 2--
    3musketeerspushups.jpg
    aaronpushups.jpg
    dynamicpushups.jpg

This is too much fun--
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Great pics, Marla - it's cool that you have the whole family involved. :happy: Way to go, 3BB, allenhm, keiko, and anyone else I missed - you all are doing great!

I am getting there, folks! I did week 6, day 1, level 3 on Monday:
    1: 45
    2: 55
    3: 35
    4: 30
    5: min 55 (I don't have my notes with me, but I think I got 69)

And week 6, day 2, level 3 yesterday (Wednesday):
    1&2: 22
    3&4: 30
    5&6: 20
    7&8: 18
    9: min 58 (again, no notes, but I think I got 72)

So I am going to go ahead and do day 3 tomorrow, and then try testing again this weekend. I may get there by New Years yet!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    WTG, Keiko! I like the post after completion aspect of this, too. It makes me feel like I'm doing a class or something with all of you. LOL

Marla - I :heart: IT! SO cute! I love that your one daughter has the little glider/hand thingys. She looks determined!

cp - WTG! I think you'll make it to 100 by New Year's NO PROBLEM! You are cruising along! Good for you! If you got 72 in after all those other sets, I bet you are pretty darn close. I can't wait to hear how you did this weekend!!!

I'm off to attempt week 5, day 1, level 2. We'll see if the kiddos let me.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Marla, great pictures!
    CP, you're almost there! You are doing awesome!
    All of you are making me so proud! I am really glad this challenge was started months ago, because it's been awesome to see so many women going through it! I am still going to get back to it when I can. It may be ten months but I still want to finish it!
    MM