Hundred Pushups Challenge - DECEMBER

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Marla, great pics of your family! thanks for sharing them. How do the hand thingys work? I've seen them and wondered.

Today is my 49th birthday. I was going to be lazy & sleep in. Instead I got up and did my 3mi run/walk on the treadmill and then day 3 of level 2. It was 8,10,7,7, the last was at least 10 and I pushed for 15! I was so excited when I was done! Now I have extra calories to enjoy!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    personally, the hand thingies make it MUCH harder. Puts more emphasis on the arms, it seems, and less on hands and shoulders. I can't use them, or I would be doing 1/2 push up each set.

And yet, these snotty little kids of mine :wink: use them with reckless abandon. Hubby uses them, too, and says it eases any stress on his shoulders.
  • Marla64
    Marla, great pics of your family! thanks for sharing them. How do the hand thingys work? I've seen them and wondered.

Today is my 49th birthday. I was going to be lazy & sleep in. Instead I got up and did my 3mi run/walk on the treadmill and then day 3 of level 2. It was 8,10,7,7, the last was at least 10 and I pushed for 15! I was so excited when I was done! Now I have extra calories to enjoy!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    birthday-cake.jpg
    Flowers.jpg
  • keiko
    Thanks for the cake & flowers Marla!

I might think about getting some the the hand things since I do want to work our my arms more.
    Kelly
  • keiko
    For me today was week 2, day one. My last set was at least 11 and that was all I had left was 11!
    Happy Pushups Everyone!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I tested last night, and I managed.... 80 PUSHUPS! :bigsmile:

I'll admit, my form isn't fabulous at this point - I am doing regular-style (on my toes), I keep my body really straight, so that part is good, but I do them really fast for the test and I do not go super-deep. But I decided a while ago that I was just going to stick with my current style until I made it to 100, and then I may go back to week 3 or 4 and start trying to go lower and slower.

So, tonight I will be starting week 6 over again, day 1, level 3. I am hoping to stay on track this week despite the holidays and my parents visiting. You all are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I would love to join. I am going to read the push up challenge site when I get back home.

Thanks all

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • Marla64
    Week three, day one, level one-- pant pant-- :tongue:
  • cp005e
    Welcome Kathy (plantlady)!

Week 6, day 1, level 3. Man, I hate day 1 of week 6!!! :grumble: I tried to go lower on the first set than I usually do, which totally tuckered me out for the rest of them. I made it, but just barely!
    1: 45
    2: 55
    3: 35
    4: 30
    5: 56 (min 55)
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Hi all,
    I just started the push-up challenge today. So week 1- day 1.
    My wrists are killing me though, is that normal?? If not, what am I doing wrong? :huh:

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Keiko:

Yep - old lady arms! I'm 57 so I fight to keep from having them too! I'm going to start the pushup challenge just as soon as all my Christmas company leaves.............

Keep me posted on your results!
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    hey gang-- we began week 2 of this challenge-- almost everyone is doing it, with the exception of my 18 year old who's in school, and the one year old who only can manage to lay down on the floor-- he can't seem to get the "push up" part-- it's precious.

Even 2 year old is doing his version of them-- so is 6 year old, 9 year old who has great form, 11 year old, 13 year old 15 year old, 16 year old and the 40 somethin' hubster-- all of us hittin' the floor. It's incredible.

Blessings have been many-- my one daughter golfs and has found much more strength in her swing. Go figure-- I did this for my family-- go me. But, go "all of you" for without you, I would never have learned of it.

This site is so special-- as time permits, I'll leave our updates.

God bless us all this day, my friends!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Did I count correctly? You have 9 kids??????????

WOW - bless your heart :heart:
  • cp005e
    Hey everyone! I hope you had a great holiday and have not given up on your PUSHUPS! :laugh: I managed to do them twice last week (week 6 at level 3), so I have to decide whether to finish off that week or start over today.

Monday 12/22:
    1: 45
    2: 55
    3: 35
    4: 30
    5: 56 (min was 55 - day 1 is always rough for me :grumble: )

Wednesday 12/24:
    1&2: 22
    3&4: 30
    5&6: 24
    7&8: 18
    9: 73 (min was 57 - YEAH! :bigsmile: )

Alright, I think I'm just gonna do day 3 now. Be back in a bit!
  • cp005e
    Alright, I'm back! I just finished day 3 of week 6 on level 3.

1&2: 26
    3&4: 32
    5&6: 26
    7&8: 22
    9: 81 (min was 60) - I think! Although I have a hard time keeping count on the long sets so it is possible I only did 71... either way, it's better than last time! :wink: )

I am getting there! I will test on Wednesday and see if I can hit 90. :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm glad you all are still doing the push ups!
    CP, you are doing great! 81 on the last set! Awesome! You hit 100 I'll still send you the shirt. :wink:

I will be starting back up again on Monday I think. I may test this weekend and see how many I can manage. Maybe just 20. :tongue: I still get sad to think I was at 80 and had to stop, but I am back and I will get there!
    Welcome Kieko, Florida Granny, and Jenifer! I am glad to have newbies on here!
    Marla, 3BB, how are you all doing? Who else is still here?
    I will see you all on Monday as long as I am feeling up to it!
    MM
  • Marla64
    Hey MM-- we're here-- we got a bit sidetracked last week. Started week three, level one today-- not all kids did it today. It was beautiful and they were outside playing with friends since everyone's off from school. So, everyone from 11 year old up did it with me.
  • keiko
    I did week 2 level 2 again. Christmas threw me off last week so I thought I'd do week 2 again.

I'm also doing some upper body (mainly arms) with 5lb weights. I would like to have toned arms. I know everyone else wants stomachs but my arms show more than my stomach.
  • cp005e
    Well, I am officially being brave, thanks to this challenge! My mom took me shopping over the weekend and bought me 2 new SLEEVELESS workout tops for Christmas - and I wore one in public for the first time today. Yeah, my arms still have a little jiggle on the back, but they are SO much better than they used to be. I wasn't ashamed! Woo-hoo! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :bigsmile: was lookin for this thread:drinker: :bigsmile: ...yay...I wanna play I wanna play I wanna play...I still have to make time to do the test... but I have been doing them on my own...just not as a challenge yet...in the group

I really love this thread...it's highly motivating to me...thanks all for keeping it going...I was justing thinking I hadn't seen it pop up for awhile:sad: Then I realized..ohhhh that's right..with the Holidays everyone is thrown off from the regular stuff for a bit.:happy:

Even before I decided to join you all I secretly read and love to hear you all chat...great motivation to be had.:drinker: Y'll are terrific:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Thanks for letting me be a part of the challenge......

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Does wall push-ups count?:blushing:

I think so. If you put your feet back far enough it is like doing a real push up. I find wall ones harder because when I do real ones I don't have to go all the way down because I have a big chest but they don't get in the way when I do wall push ups.

I have a question regarding wall pushups for anyone that can help me out.... First off THANK YOU bohlon15 for making it more clear on the how to's of the wall pushups...glad you mentioned the legs further back, I've been doing that since I read this from you sometime back...OMG what a huge difference..awesome workout!! :wink: :huh:

Ok, how about shoulders? How far .....well, guess what I'm trying to ask is how should my shoulders line up with the rest of my body when doing them up against the wall? Clear as mud? Hope someone can comprehend my thoughts even if I can't get them written down quite right from my head...:laugh: :blushing: :wink: Just wanna make sure I've got the position correct to be most effective.:drinker:

If anyone understands my question ..would love to hear back!:drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart: