October 1st (open) challlenge

Options

Replies

• charla_mau_mau
    charla_mau_mau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've just seen this post. I would love to join your October Challenge. I'm new to this site and have only signed up today. I weigh 154lbs and my goal is to get down to 133ils by October. I'm also 5ft 1 inches. I've been a yo yo dieter for as long as i can remember and would like to put a stop to that. Exercise wise I've been currently doing the 30 day shred exercise dvd for an hour five days a week and have seen an inch melt off from my waist and half an inch from my thighs, hips and arms but no luck on the scales so far. Has anyone else done the shred? I'm also planning on doing a half marathon in October with my boyfriend. Hope everyone is well. Best of luck.

Char
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I pushed through the 30DS today despite my neck/ back pain. It actually made it feel somewhat better or maybe it just distracted me from the pain? haha I'm not expecting a loss on the scale tomorrow though. I haven't really been losing weight lately. I'm still losing inches though, so that's great!
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    I want to try!

CW = 206
    GW (Oct 1) = 190
  • charla_mau_mau
    Options
    @ linbee83 I would definatly give it a go. Its great for getting the body toned. @heather7marie lol. the shred is intense. I thought my arms were going to fall off one point during the plank and leg lifts on level 3. I never thought i would seat and scream so much. But it is definatly worth it. I'm going to keep going with it and try out Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones and Banish fat boost metabolism. I used to go to the gym but with rising membership fees i had to find another way to keep fit. I'm good with the exersise but its food thats the problem though lol. Best of luck ladies.
  • heather7marie
    Options
    @ linbee83 I would definatly give it a go. Its great for getting the body toned. @heather7marie lol. the shred is intense. I thought my arms were going to fall off one point during the plank and leg lifts on level 3. I never thought i would seat and scream so much. But it is definatly worth it. I'm going to keep going with it and try out Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones and Banish fat boost metabolism. I used to go to the gym but with rising membership fees i had to find another way to keep fit. I'm good with the exersise but its food thats the problem though lol. Best of luck ladies.

Don't tell me that! I'm still on level 1. LOL! I'm already dreading the 2nd level and I still have three days left on level 1. Oh boy!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i'd love to try it and see where i end up!

CW: 143
    GW:135
    Height: 5'7"

i'm also doing the 30DS, currently on level 2 and i finish up on the 30th but i'm also going to look into ripped in 30 and zumba. maybe the 6 week 6 pack
  • matticrew
    Options
    I am happpy to see some new people joining! I can't wait to see everyone weigh in tomorrrow!
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    So its monday already down here in the southern hemisphere...Weigh in today is 192 pds so down 1pd. Have been doing great at keeping in my calorie goal but will have use more will power later this week when my partner returns from being away for work - i let him be a bad influence, Am starting the 30 DS tonight - im just hoping to finish....that is my goal for today...

9837854.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cdstormer
    cdstormer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! Current weight 189.2. Hopefully by october 1 I will be 169. Love this!
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just saw your open group and I would love to join, even though you are all a few days into it. Thanks for putting the group together.

Start- 317 lbs
    Goal- 290
    Height- 5'9
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Excited about this challenge!

SW: 158.8
    GW: 150
    Height: 5'6"

Good luck everyone!
  • charla_mau_mau
    Options
    Good luck ladies. I'm determined to get my exercise in before doing anything else today. The 30 day shred will know doubt kick my butt again. Level 3 is killer but my arms have got a lot more toned and so as my stomach. For all those interested in doing the shred I highly recommend it. Great for toning as for actual weight loss not too sure. So i'm looking to watch what I eat in the next couple of weeks. Good luck. Going to wait untill next monday to weigh myself. Just want to see the scales go down.
  • charla_mau_mau
    Options
    Good luck with the shred.
  • matticrew
    Options
    Okay guess i weighted myself today and was down 3 pounds.
  • heather7marie
    Options
    No change in the scale. *tear* At least there wasn't a gain. I'm still at 179.4.
  • reidhome
    reidhome Posts: 26
    Options
    Well, it's Monday, so I may as well get this out of the way... I must say, I am overwhelmingly depressed, frustrated, disheartened and a bit angry that I've been making my "health" THE PRIORITY the past 2.5 weeks. I have been 100% diligent in HONESTLY recording EVERYTHING I put into my body, and have changed things around / sacrificed so that I could go to the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY the past 16 days (35 min / 400 cal on the Elliptical PLUS 5-6 machines, ending in me DRENCHED in sweat from a HARD workout), yet I have only lost a little over 4lbs in 2.5 weeks. No, I have not lost inches. No, my clothes don't fit any differently. No, I don't feel "healthier". If anything, this is proving that I wasn't eating that badly to begin with (despite having gained 50lbs in the past 2.5yrs), although I HAVE drastically reduced my carb intake.

OK - enough whining for now. I just wanted to point out that I have NOT been half-a$$ed about this - I have been 100% committed, you can see from my food diary that I'm eating a great balance of healthy foods (not starving myself) and have had REASONABLE expectations. I'm just so incredibly discouraged. I feel like taking back a big part of my life and not focusing on this so much - just being more aware of what I eat and getting to the gym 3-4 times/week, instead of re-working my entire life to get there EVERY DAY. Have I SCREWED myself by going EVERY day? If I stop now, will I actually GAIN weight? Ugh... Sorry - VERY bad day for me. I'm sure that SOMEONE out there is going to tell me to stop whining and suck it up. That helps tremendously...

Start 8/8 - 208.2
    8/15 - 207.8
    Goal by 10/1 - 189.9
    End Goal Weight - 140.0
    Height - 5'4.5"
  • reidhome
    reidhome Posts: 26
    Options
    Great - I post my nastly little self-depricating rant, and it pops up twice. Yep - that's my day. Sorry.
  • heather7marie
    Options
    Well, it's Monday, so I may as well get this out of the way... I must say, I am overwhelmingly depressed, frustrated, disheartened and a bit angry that I've been making my "health" THE PRIORITY the past 2.5 weeks. I have been 100% diligent in HONESTLY recording EVERYTHING I put into my body, and have changed things around / sacrificed so that I could go to the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY the past 16 days (35 min / 400 cal on the Elliptical PLUS 5-6 machines, ending in me DRENCHED in sweat from a HARD workout), yet I have only lost a little over 4lbs in 2.5 weeks. No, I have not lost inches. No, my clothes don't fit any differently. No, I don't feel "healthier". If anything, this is proving that I wasn't eating that badly to begin with (despite having gained 50lbs in the past 2.5yrs), although I HAVE drastically reduced my carb intake.

OK - enough whining for now. I just wanted to point out that I have NOT been half-a$$ed about this - I have been 100% committed, you can see from my food diary that I'm eating a great balance of healthy foods (not starving myself) and have had REASONABLE expectations. I'm just so incredibly discouraged. I feel like taking back a big part of my life and not focusing on this so much - just being more aware of what I eat and getting to the gym 3-4 times/week, instead of re-working my entire life to get there EVERY DAY. Have I SCREWED myself by going EVERY day? If I stop now, will I actually GAIN weight? Ugh... Sorry - VERY bad day for me. I'm sure that SOMEONE out there is going to tell me to stop whining and suck it up. That helps tremendously...

Start 8/8 - 208.2
    8/15 - 207.8
    Goal by 10/1 - 189.9
    End Goal Weight - 140.0
    Height - 5'4.5"

Muscles retain water, so if you've been working out a lot, they're going to retain water to help replenish them. In return, retaining water makes the scale go up or stay the same, not go down. Don't give up! I've hit so many plateau's over the past several months, but I keep trucking along. It's to the point now where even if I don't lose weight for awhile (and possibly gain), I still feel SO much better and I know I'm taking the right steps to bettering myself. It's generally harder to lose weight than gain and you didn't put it on overnight, so it will take a bit. Slow and steady wins the race and you're more likely to keep it off. Keep your chin up. :)
  • matticrew
    Options

Start 8/8 - 208.2
    8/15 - 207.8
    Goal by 10/1 - 189.9
    End Goal Weight - 140.0
    Height - 5'4.5"

Honestly don't get discouraged. Before you can lose weight you need to gain muscle. Weight loss is about highs and lows. And also 4.5 pounds in 2 weeks in acturally about 2.3 pounds a week which is what you sould be losing in a week. When you lose weight you kinda just want to diet and lose a whole bunch a weight and look 7 sizes smaller overnight, but thats not what happens. You have to remember Rome wasn't built in a day,and sad to say but our bodies didn't become this size in a day, it took a while.
    All in all don't give up and stick to what you are doing. We all have days like that and we all get discouraged but really it is worth it. Getting ride of the weight is a great feeeling. I was hoping to have lost more then 3 pounds this week but I didn't so I am going to tweek things, drink more water, watch my salt intake,maybe try new exercises. Its not about how fast the weight goes away its about you getting healthy.
    We all believe you can do this. Don't get upset.
  • melbarker
    Options
    Hi, seems to me that you might have been training to build muscle and as we all know muscle weights more than fat. If you have been looking at your fat % it probably has come down quite a bit. This means you are one fit lady. Putting it simply, you have focussed on strength training over aerobic training. Pushing your muscles to their limit lifting heavy weights, running uphill and ramping up the resistance on the bike will develop firm and heavy muscles. The scales do not say everything.