Metal!!!!

Options

Replies

• hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Saw Megadeth last night and they sucked! 5 song playlist and boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they lost the coolness....
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone (it shouldn't) But I think they kinda lost it when Mustaine went Christian haha

Nah, Megadeth is AWESOME live.

Maybe back in the 80's =((
    Wish I were old enough back then... *boo hoo*

I saw Megadeth back in the late 80's opening for Dio and it was when Mustaine was a total drunk. He was falling over drunk and couldn't remember his own lyrics. It was good thing he eventually sobered up. He even got in a shouting match with someone in the crowd.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    The only Metallica anyone needs is their first three albums, Kil Em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets.

Also count me as another Porcupine Tree fan.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Don't let my husband find this thread...
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    SLAYER = badass!!! That is all
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i was gonna say children of Bodem...LOVE slipknot!!!!!
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The only Metallica anyone needs is their first three albums, Kil Em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets.

I think this says it all.
    I don't know why they're still around for. Them along with KISS. It's time to retire
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

And the Black Album. :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Some of these may be a bit old... but so am I... If I were home I could look at my cd cases and name a bunch more that were not so much in the mainstream.

Saxon
    Dio
    Kronos
    Cannibal Corpse
    Gorgoroth
    Celtic Frost
    Leviathan
    Armagheddon
    Sepultura
    Children of Bodom
    Mayhem
    Venom
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I can tolerate about half a dozen Metallica songs. I was one of the privileged people that Metallica went after for sharing their songs on Napster. It made me laugh since they no doubt spent a ton of money to get all of our accounts cancelled when all I had to do was pick a new name and sign back up 5 minutes later. I hated them for a long time after that. I have 7 of their songs in my collection (downloaded for free of course!). That's it.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    mmmm double pedal to the metal. love my metal like i like my coffee. black. aaaaaaha! (i dont drink coffee).. long live me some killswitch engage. my sorta metal.
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Old school metal; Metallica, AC/DC, Megadeth, Motorhead, Guns & Roses, Pantera
    Hair rock/metal; Skid Row, Cinderella, Tesla
    Newish rock/metal; Marilyn Manson, Rage Against the Machine

Just a few. Speaking of GNR. How much freaking money would that reunion tour make? That needs to happen. Those guys need to get over it, and get it done already.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Hah, last time I saw Axl he could use some time on MFP before getting back on stage...
  • 3ball
    Options
    BTW, this pop rock fad absolutely sucks. Nickleback, Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, crap like that. I want to stab myself in the ear drums every time that garbage comes on the radio.
  • 3ball
    Options
    Hah, last time I saw Axl he could use some time on MFP before getting back on stage...

That he could. He was damn near anorexic in the old GNR days. Now, it looks more like there isn't a buffet that he skips.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    All I listen to is Every Time I Die and The Damned Things! Excellent workout music

The Damned Things? whats that like?

1/3 Every Time I Die, 1/3 Anthrax, 1/3 Fall Out Boy. Weird mix, but AMAZING music.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    All I listen to is Every Time I Die and The Damned Things! Excellent workout music

1/3 Every Time I Die, 1/3 Anthrax, 1/3 Fall Out Boy. Weird mix, but AMAZING music.

wtf! i'm gonna check that out
  • MetalEllie
    Options
    How about Lamb of God, Suicide Silence, Devil Driver...
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    I like glam metal, power anthem, especially a sucker for symphonic metal (oh yeah), as well as fast or experimental edge guitars riffs.. I'm a sucker for Dragon Force, Delain, Therion, Hammerhead, Nightwish, Epica, Seether and on and on.... so many others - all the way back to AC/DC (who are the granddaddies of all metal).
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    I like glam metal, power anthem, especially a sucker for symphonic metal (oh yeah), as well as fast or experimental edge guitars riffs.. I'm a sucker for Dragon Force, Delain, Therion, Hammerhead, Nightwish, Epica, Seether and on and on.... so many others - all the way back to AC/DC (who are the granddaddies of all metal).

Oh and nothing beats metal when it comes to getting that super heavy weight pump. Nothing.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I saw them for the second time last night. SO GOOD!
    wtf! i'm gonna check that out