? for parents of little ones

Options
13»

Replies

• stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I don't know if they are still any good or not but I used to get great results with Luv's. Once I learned this with my oldest I used them with all three. I never had any leaks I actually tried pampers and huggies never got the results I did with the Luv's ones and they were cheaper to boot.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    ya my biggest problem is she has gotten used to having a bottle right before bed so we get a fresh diaper and jammies on and then have her bottle and she goes right to sleep

that's the problem:) I can't give my boys anything like an hour before bed cause they will pee to much and get everything wet. So either nix the bed time bottle or stay up another hour to change her before you go to bed....if you don't find any diapers that work...but honestly even if you find one that keeps it in, who would want to sleep with that much pee in their pants! I feel bad for my babies when I get up and the diaper is about to explode! I know you just cant help it sometimes, kids will pee when they pee. But mine have sensitive skin and don't like it.
  • l_heras
    l_heras Posts: 65
    Options
    maybe a bigger diaper. I noticed when my son started peeing through the diaper wasnt big enough. And I have been a huggies fan for all 4 of my babes.

^^Agree! Even if they were a little bit loose, I would just put shorts/tights over the diaper before she went to bed and she usually did pretty good with loser diapers.

I also waited until she went to sleep before I changed her last diaper so she went to sleep with a fresh one. DD is a pretty heavy sleeper so she wouldn't wake up through the changing.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    I tried Pampers, Huggies & Luvs.. all of them leaked. I switched over to Walmart Generic brand "Parents Choice" those diapers hold everything! Very impressed and the price is 13.97 for a huge box!
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest a bigger diaper , also.

We cloth diaper , so I'll do my plug for that... hehe :)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Have never had this problem with Pampers and mine pees all the time! It's like it goes from sippy cup to diaper almost instantly!
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    My oldest daughter could only wear Pampers during the day, but was able to use the Huggies night time at night. We tried regular Huggies with her and she leaked through twice on a two hour car drive. My youngest daughter had the same issue when she was a baby. We put her in a larger size at night & then eventually started putting Huggies Night Times on her also. I won't say we NEVER had issues, but it was rare. :happy:
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pampers!
  • Sbmtx
    Sbmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    LUVS!!! It was the only diaper that I could put on my son at 8pm and he would still be dry when he woke up the next morning. I never had issues with the little absorbent balls falling out either. Huggies were really bad. Pampers were ok if I was in a bind. Tried every store brand around, tried to save cash of course. But in the end LUVS were my choice. And they were very reasonably priced, but that was 8 years ago.
    Oh and size does matter here. You definitely do not want a diaper that is too small or when they move around at night things get all out of whack and leaks happen.
  • cmelissawright
    cmelissawright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally second getting your diapers from Amazon. I love how much cheaper they are plus they're delivered to my door. The Huggies Overnites in size 6 are $17.49 and ship for free. Sign up for Amazon Mom and you'll save 30% off baby stuff when you do Subscribe and Save. I love it!

I really like the idea someone had about putting a feminine pad inside the diaper. My 2yo wears Huggies Overnights in size 6, and they still leak! We've cut off all drinks but water after 7:30. I hate to deny him water. At first I just gave him water cause he wanted something and I knew he wouldn't drink it. Now he chugs it!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    huggies overnights...im sure many people have already suggested them, i havent read through the thread. these are all i have ever used for overnight for both my kids.
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    Huggies makes a night time diaper that works incredibly well!! We swore by them in this house!! I believe they go up to size 5.
    they go up to size 6
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    Thanks, I need it. My girl is a Cars and Toy Story fanatic, so I am buying 'boys' pull-ups (with those characters on them). Now that I'm talking to her about 'panties', she wants 'woody-buzz' or 'mcqueen' panties. Do you think she would be scarred for life if her first pair of panties were boys underwear? :ohwell:

lol heck no, i say whatever motivates her to go potty would work for me!!
    i dont think she'd mind. as long as its the character she likes, she'll be a happy camper. and let me add, its something you can use to embarass her when she gets older :laugh: take a picture of her in her new underwears as a tot and show em off when shes a teen lol
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    I don't know if they are still any good or not but I used to get great results with Luv's. Once I learned this with my oldest I used them with all three. I never had any leaks I actually tried pampers and huggies never got the results I did with the Luv's ones and they were cheaper to boot.
    i use luvs for daytime use, i used them for my boy too who is now 4, ive never had an issue with luvs other than overnight
  • Sbmtx
    Sbmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I did this right or not but for the lady with the girl who like cars etc... there are these http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GIRLS-6-TOY-STORY-NEMO-CARS-UNDERWEAR-PANTY-BRIEFS-/220749136466 my friends daughter was the same way. But her dad REFUSED to let her wear boys underwear.