anyone whos lost over 100 pounds

Options

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    You do NOT need surgery. It just takes commitment and patience. I've lost over 100lbs (check my signature pic) and honestly if I can do it, anyone can do it. I've been overweight since I was 5 years-old, and I'm lazy, and I love to eat. The one thing i had was the drive to change my life. I figured I have ONE chance at life and I did not want to live the way I had been living.

Find the drive and then the commitment will come. Find out why you really want to lose weight and then remind yourself often.

holy crap your buff lol! amazing job!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I just posted my pics today... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/315576-117-4-pounds-gone-pic-included

I've lost over 100 pounds, so I can testify that it is possible. You can do it!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    you look amazing! thank you!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    can i also ask what kind of exercising you all started off doing when you were at your high weight?

I walked the first 80 pounds off... that's it. Just walking. Then I started incorporating running and strength training.

Just find an activity you enjoy, start slow, and slowly progress (duration, distance, whatever). But finding something you enjoy is key to maintaining an active lifestyle.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    thanks, i do enjoy walking as long as its not too hot (and soon too cold)
  • Vettech2014
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose over 100 pounds i've already lost 41 pounds I started at 360 pounds, just by walking and completely changing how I eat and how much I eat. I want to be 150-175ish. We can do this! If all these other wonderful people can do this without the surgery, so can we!!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose over 100 pounds i've already lost 41 pounds I started at 360 pounds, just by walking and completely changing how I eat and how much I eat. I want to be 150-175ish. We can do this! If all these other wonderful people can do this without the surgery, so can we!!

great start! Can I ask how long it took you to accomplish the first 41 lb weight loss?
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Here's me, 100 lbs in about 10 months. I started with Beachbody's Power 90 workout DVD. A few months later I started Couch to 5k and got into running and just recently got back into cycling. Now I do a bit of all three. It's not always easy but it can be done. Good luck :)

beforeandafter-1.jpg
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I don't have pics, and I haven't quite lost 100 yet, but I'm on my way, and even tho it's long, I'm not gonna stop til I get there. I do feel sometimes, that it's not gonna happen, because even having lost what I have, I still have twice as far to go as most people, but in the end, it's my choice, I know I can do it, I just have to want it enough. Feel free to add me if you want someone to share your journey with, I know I'm gonna be here for a long while yet.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Here's me, 100 lbs in about 10 months. I started with Beachbody's Power 90 workout DVD. A few months later I started Couch to 5k and got into running and just recently got back into cycling. Now I do a bit of all three. It's not always easy but it can be done. Good luck :)

beforeandafter-1.jpg

wow, 10 months and you look amazing!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Hiya, I don't have pics, and I haven't quite lost 100 yet, but I'm on my way, and even tho it's long, I'm not gonna stop til I get there. I do feel sometimes, that it's not gonna happen, because even having lost what I have, I still have twice as far to go as most people, but in the end, it's my choice, I know I can do it, I just have to want it enough. Feel free to add me if you want someone to share your journey with, I know I'm gonna be here for a long while yet.

your off to a great start!!! will definatly add u!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes, I dumped my Girlfriend.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love all of the inspiration!!! I have 150 lbs to lose and have already lost 36 lbs since March of this year. I started out walking but am already swimming too. We can do this!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Love all of the inspiration!!! I have 150 lbs to lose and have already lost 36 lbs since March of this year. I started out walking but am already swimming too. We can do this!

great start!!! we WILL do this!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am not far from the 100 lb mark.. my profile photo is my current before and after photo.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    I am not far from the 100 lb mark.. my profile photo is my current before and after photo.

you look amazing too!!! I love to see what the pay off is for all the hard work we put in!
  • stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To Chunka, thanks for starting this thread! I, too, have over a hundred to lose. I started out at 350 and lost some before I joined mfp in June. I'm down to 324 now, but am working toward losing another 150 or so pounds. To anyone else who is on a similar journey, feel free to add me.

To all of you who have already lost so much and have been willing to share your photos and stories, thank you! I often felt so alone and isolated before I joined mfp. I knew I had to make changes, but felt like "why try? it's impossible" Thanks to all of you, I now know that this journey is not only possible, it's DOable and I CAN do it too.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    To Chunka, thanks for starting this thread! I, too, have over a hundred to lose. I started out at 350 and lost some before I joined mfp in June. I'm down to 324 now, but am working toward losing another 150 or so pounds. To anyone else who is on a similar journey, feel free to add me.

To all of you who have already lost so much and have been willing to share your photos and stories, thank you! I often felt so alone and isolated before I joined mfp. I knew I had to make changes, but felt like "why try? it's impossible" Thanks to all of you, I now know that this journey is not only possible, it's DOable and I CAN do it too.

im sooo glad others found it motivational as well, its so nice to know your not alone!!!
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This week I finally reached the 100lbs lost mark and as of this morning I have 78 more pounds to lose.

I started exercising by choosing to walk anywhere and everywhere I could. At first when I was 355lbs I couldn't walk a half mile without sweating profusely--in January nonetheless-- and panting for breath. Shortly thereafter I started using my bowflex to both do rowing exercises along with strength training. Since I purchased the bowflex used on Craigslist it wasn't holding up for rowing excerises. So I continued to walk. In May, the wife and I decided to rent bicycles while we were on Jekyll Island. That is where the cycling bug bit me. I am really into cycling now and hoping to work up to doing a 100 mile ride, somewhere, by next Spring.

I also hope by next spring to be no longer obese but merely overweight (gotta hit 215 to be overweight and I am currently 253). I know these goals are achievable as I learn to celebrate the goals I have already achieved. I am confident that you will be able be able to do the same if you take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.

God Bless
  • dglo1972
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150123910802926.330860.534637925&l=87a4157a33&type=1

I have lost 130 pounds in 26 months. It is possible and you will be better off for doing it the right way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!