anyone whos lost over 100 pounds

Options

Replies

• pettyy5
    pettyy5 Posts: 17
    Options
    that is incredible!! please message me with what your plan was! i basically have to lose the same amount of weight. i need some serious help though!

xo
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    amazing job guys!!! You are all so inspiring!
  • dglo1972
    Options
    I have not followed a plan. Diet and exercise! That is it. I follow the calories that this site set for me. Before I found this site 2 months ago I used www.livestrong.com for 18 months. My best advice is to track EVERYTHING! even if you have eaten more than your allowed calories for the day. accountability is key. Track as you go. Not at the end of the day! This will help you see where you are at through the day. I drink lots of water. I currently am exercising 6 days a week. I did not start out doing that though. The first day I exercised I thought I was going to die. I rode my bike a quarter mile and almost had a heat stroke. Now I take spin 2 x's a week and if I bike ride outdoors I can ride for hours. it is just like learning to walk. You cant do it at first so you scoot and crawl to get around. When you exercise it is the same way. You cant go for hours at first but you do a little bit at a time and before you know it you are doing things you never thought were possible! I am currently training for my 1st 5K...... Never in a million years would I have ever concidered this to be possible. I can do this, and so can you!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow it is so cool to see so many people with significant weight loss!!

I have lost 115 in about two years. Good luck to you, I am sure you will cross that 100 before you know it. It does feel as awesome as you think it will!!
    before
    7489460_9718.jpg
    7489460_5005.jpg

now
    7489460_2579.jpg
    7489460_3049.jpg
    7489460_8809.jpg
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can see pictures and read about my journey here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/309450-operation-inspiration-100-lbs-lost-great-health-gained
    I've shed 101 pounds and feel fantastic. :)

Wow, truly stunning. Well done. :)

(Same to kganger and Brent!)
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Some amazing success stories up in this thread!

I'm at 227 pounds lost so far... you can check my profile pics and/or check out my blog if you need some motivation: http://www.cravingalife.wordpress.com

My biggest advice: ONE DAY AT A TIME! You can handle anything one day at a time, it's when you start looking long term and lamenting how things aren't working as fast as they should when you get in trouble. GET IT!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Other people are amazing Whitney? At 227 lbs lost I think you win that one hands down, great job!

The rest of us are merely great or something, lol :)
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Holy cow whitney!! 227 lbs that is full of awesome
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You don't need surgery and you can even lose it if you're 50 years old :smile:

Or even if you have hypothyroidism like I do.

I started with walking until that got boring and then became a runner.
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    It is amazing how much younger everybody looks once the weight comes off! SO young and healthy! I can't wait! I have 130lbs to lose and am looking forward to letting people take pics of me with my kids. :wink:
    This has been a great topic ot read through! Thanks so much for posting it!!!
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    It is amazing how much younger everybody looks once the weight comes off! SO young and healthy! I can't wait! I have 130lbs to lose and am looking forward to letting people take pics of me with my kids. :wink:
    This has been a great topic ot read through! Thanks so much for posting it!!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    patience and staying focused saved me..............just stay focused, realize youre human and you will suceed...............I ve lost 150 , off of the high blood pressure medicine I was on, no asthmax bronchiodialator, NADA..............love it and Im wearing 34 inch wasited pants.................you can do it, just stay focused
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You are all totally inspirational!!! I have about 110 pounds to lose ( 101 to go!) My friends tell me to get surgery, but I want my loss to be sustainable - and I want to be healthy, not just skinny!!! Thank you so much for sharing your journeys - it makes it all seem possible! :)

i totally agree with you, i dont want to get the surgery and just gain it back, not to mention its dangerous, i want to make a change i can live with for the rest of my life!

I actually almost went through with surgery to get Lap Band. I went through 6 months of going to a doctor and seeing therapists to make sure I was healthy enough to do it. By the time I was about to do it, my insurance denied me. I was terribly angry at the time because I was fed up with being overweight, but I am so glad I didn't go through with it now. Now I can change my lifestyle and be happier longer because of it.

I've just started on my journey, but I look forward to the day where I can post my before and after pictures.
  • jhendricks123
    jhendricks123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started at 350 lbs and dropped to 220, gained 30lbs over the next year and hovered there for almost a year until the last few months. I'm now down to 218 and will continue to drop toward my goal of 180. When I get there I will set a new goal depending on my body fat percentage, appearance and how I feel :)

5b2xyo.jpg
    166ge47.jpg
    33u9ywz.jpg
    ff2r1s.jpg
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My pics are in my profile. I considered having bypass surgery but when I went to the consultation all the possible risk and side effects scared my fat behind onto a diet.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    My god you are all stunning! THANK YOU for being motivational to the rest of us and I hope one day I can pass that karma along.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for asking and big thanks to all those who braved the pictures and shared. WELL DONE! all of you!
  • seribayu
    Options
    OMG!! Dat is soo good! btw, whats ur actual weight before you lost?
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing. I started out with 121 pounds to lose and only have about 80 left. Seeing these pictures and stories makes me even more excited to get there. It's easy to lose sight of getting to your goal and it being an easy task, but this kind of inspiration helps motivate and keep me on my toes. Hard work and determination will get me there and threads like these just make it all the more easier! So thank you! :)
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks to OP and everyone else. I needed the encouragement from this thread tonight.

Going through a financial emergency. My 5 yo daughter and I are without car, limited computer, no phone or any money to buy food till Sept. I am sure something will come through but at this moment we're going to run out of food Thursday. She & I cannot tolerate gluten/grains/legumes so cheap foods lead to ER visits. The food banks in our area are gluten/grain centered and this is the first time things have gotten this rough since we transformed our life around the knowledge of what doesn't work. I have queries out to many resources in our community and trust that things will get better. In the past, I would have gotten depressed and just eaten 'poison'. What I have learned as I shed 103 lbs is that I have to believe a solution exists to go in search of it. If I persist, I usually find an answer.

If you want to be well and whole, you'll find your way. If I could, almost anyone can.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!