Outfit help, PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Aww you look like a little girl in floral~ I like #4 personally, but since 1, 2, and 4 all have the same cut, I don't think it matters. Leave your hair down for the meeting, it's slimming. Also, try a belt and some long necklaces to break up the print
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I agree with torrie & mj - none of these is appropriate, you need a trendy, modern suit; MUCH more flattering. And a hairstyle is worth the cost. No offense intended (you asked)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    C all the way.

Even better if you have a more fitted sweater. It is the most tailored of the four - and floral and flowy is so not in style or flattering on many people.

ETA: part your hair in a deep part on the side and pull it back into a low ponytail to continue the tailored and updated look.

I know not everyone has the funds for a new outfit or a new hairstyle - but you can work with what you've got!

Good luck!!

:flowerforyou:
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Maybe dress C with a different sweater?!

this.

unless you are able to go shopping. i know for me, i didnt want to go shopping till i reached my goal because i felt like it was a waste of money. i also feel a pair of black pants is always powerful.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    If you have to go with one go with C and a less boxy jacket or cardigan. If you can try and see if you can nice black pants and a nice top. You might be more comfortable in that which will make you more confident and come off better in the meeting.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If shopping for a new dress isn't an option I'd go with C
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am sorry if this will sound blunt, but I think it is time for shopping. None of those dresses are flattering to you.

I'll apologize as well, but I totally agree with ^^ that. Try an empire waist dress in a solid color. Avoid small prints..they make anyone (even those that are skinny) look like draperies. You are gorgeous and you should show it off!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    oh ya, and accessorize
  • TabbyLeAnn
    TabbyLeAnn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If shopping is out of the question, I'd go with C... but with a different jacket.
  • wantconfidence
    Options
    C without the big white shirt over it this dress has the best basic shape and you can build on it
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I am sorry if this will sound blunt, but I think it is time for shopping. None of those dresses are flattering to you.

Sorry but she is right. you still have a whole week to go shopping, have a sales person help you choose, they are usually pretty good.

Ditto that. If this is a very important meeting then you really should go shopping if you can. I agree, if you go to a department store then a saleswoman can help you.
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    If shopping is out of the question, go with B and accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. What style necklace, earrings? Makeup? Hairstyle? Stockings? Shoes? Flattering belt around the waistline?

You can make it look good, but it's up to you.

Also, is this a meeting? Will you be making a presentation? An interview?

I used to be a bank manager and all of the above make a difference when presenting yourself. You can do it!
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I might have given the wrong impression. It is not for a job interview or anything like that. I will be meeting my 16 year old daughter for the first time since she was a day old. She is also a HUGE flower fanatic with 4 flower gardens. I'm just so nervous!
  • mjmoore8480
    Options
    To be honest, I think that a shopping trip is in order. You said that this is an important meeting, and your outfit should reflect that. If it is business, maybe an unpleated black pant suit; if you would prefer a dress, go with something a bit more tailored. Stick to solids in muted tones, neuturals are a best bet. You want the focus of the meeting to be on you, not your outfit- and unfortunately these dresses are a little loud and would distract from what you're trying to present- yourself!

On another note: I see that you've worked hard to loose quite a bit of weight, so why hide it behind those dresses?! While you dont want to dress provocatively, clothes that fit your body are something that you've earned!!

If financial restraints are keeping you from purchasing a new outfit, dont rule out thrift shops and goodwill stores. I started a job a few years back that required business attire, and I was unemployed at the time. I bought my entire work wardrobe at goodwill and thrift stores for less than $50 and nobody knew but me! Good luck, and I hope that this meeting goes well! :)
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    If these are your only options - B , but it doesn't really look like your style, and I don't even know you! :-) If your budget allows, I'd make a shopping trip for something that 's more your style (you'll feel more confident), and more flattering. Yes you are full figured (so am I), but you have a nice shape - you need something that compliments that. If you have Fashion Bug or Avenue, they have great plus sized clothes, you can get coupons by signing up for their text alerts, ,and quite a bit of sale merchandise. Also, I've found their associates to be fairly honest about how things look. Don't know what your meeting is for, but consider nice pants and dressy top if that's more your style. Hope to hear from you how things go!
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    Is this for a promotion or something? If so, I would say no to all of them unfortunately. No offense but they don't flatter you as well as you could be! I would choose a two piece option like a nice pencil skirt and a pretty blouse or button down shirt. That way you can have something that will show your curves but still look professional.

I agree completely!!! You've worked so hard to lose weight, you deserve to splurge (as much as possible) and show off your hard work and sexy curves!
  • TabbyLeAnn
    TabbyLeAnn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How awesome! So glad you get to meet up with your daughter.

Since it's not a business type meeting... I'd still go with C but with a different cardigan or fitted jacket.
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mjfrede2 with your hair curled, small/medium earings, simple necklace, lip gloss & nice pair of shoes. NO platforms, clogs or sandals. If you don't have the dough for something new I'd go with the first white one.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    LOL after reading further down, I take back my emphasis on showing off your "sexy" curves but still, those dresses just hang off of you whereas you could grab an outfit that flatters your figure!
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    I might have given the wrong impression. It is not for a job interview or anything like that. I will be meeting my 16 year old daughter for the first time since she was a day old. She is also a HUGE flower fanatic with 4 flower gardens. I'm just so nervous!

Your post just showed up as I posted. It's fantastic you are getting to meet her, but she is more interested in you than what you wear. If you can go shopping (even on a budget at a thrift store) I'd get some nice pants and a dressy top that you feel really good in, because you want to be able to enjoy meeting her, not feel self conscious about what you are wearing. Don't worry about wearing flowers - take one really beautiful rose along for her. She'll love that you thought of doing it! Best wishes, and I'll be praying for you!