Outfit help, PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• MarandaPanda86
    Options
    Oh wow to meet your daughter? How exciting and I'm sure nerve wracking! You said yourself you are not girly, and so why are you trying to portray something you are not? Choose your favorite outfit or go shopping for a new outfit that makes you feel confident and relaxed. If you never wear dresses and are always in pants, wear pants! Be yourself! That's who she is trying to get to know :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I might have given the wrong impression. It is not for a job interview or anything like that. I will be meeting my 16 year old daughter for the first time since she was a day old. She is also a HUGE flower fanatic with 4 flower gardens. I'm just so nervous!

Your post just showed up as I posted. It's fantastic you are getting to meet her, but she is more interested in you than what you wear. If you can go shopping (even on a budget at a thrift store) I'd get some nice pants and a dressy top that you feel really good in, because you want to be able to enjoy meeting her, not feel self conscious about what you are wearing. Don't worry about wearing flowers - take one really beautiful rose along for her. She'll love that you thought of doing it! Best wishes, and I'll be praying for you!

^^ Agreed. Se is young and I have no idea what kind of life she has had, no where as you dont want to appear like youre trying to dress like a teenager dressing like you popped out of 1980 isnt exactly the best either. I still vote for C, and I like the idea of giving her a rose, or a mini rose bush she can plant in her garden.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think it's fantastic that you are going to be meeting your daughter. What a wonderful event. I agree with all the others, about wearing a more fitted outfit. I don't think your daughter will care what you wear. You are pretty and need to feel pretty, even if you aren't girly. Wear what makes you feel pretty. I think solid colors would work best for you. A nice jacket or cardigan with any of the dresses you have will look cute. I also like big belts or empire waists. Whatever you decide to wear, just make sure you feel your best. I'm sure that she will be able to see that you are wearing your heart on your sleeve. I wish you the best and pray that you will have a fantastic outcome. God Bless.
  • DakotaCowboyMom
    Options
    I might have given the wrong impression. It is not for a job interview or anything like that. I will be meeting my 16 year old daughter for the first time since she was a day old. She is also a HUGE flower fanatic with 4 flower gardens. I'm just so nervous!

I think then that I would go more with something that is more you than a dress. You are gonna be nervous enough I personally would want to be comfy in that situation and maybe take her some flowers when you meet her.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hands down dress b. . .Looks good on you. .
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If the four dresses are the only option I would choose dress c with a more fitted top the white top does nothing but the black dress is workable. good luck in this important meeting :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This is like MAJOR, go shopping!!!!!!!111!!!!
    C looks best
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mjfrede2 with your hair curled, small/medium earings, simple necklace, lip gloss & nice pair of shoes. NO platforms, clogs or sandals. If you don't have the dough for something new I'd go with the first white one.

I actually liked B the best, but like ^ he said, curl hat hair, do some light make up and I think you look fine.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    I'd vote for c, no overshirt, a med sized necklace, large fun and funky flower pin that will totally stand out on the dress and play with a non black belt to see if that too could be worked. Enjoy yourself-what a beautiful opportunity God has given you!!! I hope it goes well!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like what you are wearing in your avatar picture! It's cute, flattering and you look comfortable in it! Good luck to you.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Just because she likes flowers doesn't mean you have to wear them. Of the group the black one is the best fit for you but consider a shopping trip if you can.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Option C would be nice with a light blazer
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Actually the pattern of b is kinda of trendy right now, but the shape is not. If you have a belt, put it around the thinnest part of your waste to give it more shape, not too tight.. Leave hair down. You can use a teeny tiny bit of lotion on your fingertips and run it through your hair to smooth out. You can run a brush through it also.

If you want to dress and feel more yourself, I agree to take her a little bouquet of flowers.
  • JigglyHuffRunner
    Options
    I like what you are wearing in your avatar picture! It's cute, flattering and you look comfortable in it! Good luck to you.

^ This. I also like your AV photo the best and you look good there and it might just be because you're in your own clothes and feel more comfortable and confident because they 'suit' you better.

Best of luck on the reunion - how exciting!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I wish you the very best meeting ever. It's really cool that you are getting to meet.

Now back to the dresses.

It doesn't matter what we think.

It matters which dress makes you FEEL the best. When you feel good, you act differently and more confidently.

Have a wonderful first meeting!

Yvonne
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I vote C, with a splash of color if possible. I think it would look fabulous with a colored cardigan/jacket, a statement necklace, or a belt. Something warm and inviting for the momentous occasion.
  • cut3ch1k
    Options
    Is this for a promotion or something? If so, I would say no to all of them unfortunately. No offense but they don't flatter you as well as you could be! I would choose a two piece option like a nice pencil skirt and a pretty blouse or button down shirt. That way you can have something that will show your curves but still look professional.
    I agree or if you don't like girly just wear a pantsuit
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    C all the way.

Even better if you have a more fitted sweater. It is the most tailored of the four - and floral and flowy is so not in style or flattering on many people.

ETA: part your hair in a deep part on the side and pull it back into a low ponytail to continue the tailored and updated look.

I know not everyone has the funds for a new outfit or a new hairstyle - but you can work with what you've got!

Good luck!!

:flowerforyou:

I second this. You can work with what you have. :)

P.S. Don't feel bad: No one looks good in floral.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I think the one with flowers wins.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    B