horrible - burst into tears in the parking lot at the mall..

Options
so over the last 2 years, since my divorce, i've slowly put back on ALL the weight i lost in the past... 31 of the 35 pounds. i fool myself by buying pants with elastic, i fool myself by looking at only my face in the mirror, and NOT ALL OF ME... i fool myself when i am simply exhausted walking up one flight of stairs at work and say im just tired from the night before. FACT IS - i know i have gained the weight back - i am at my ALMOST BIGGEST - which was a very dark place for me.... fact is I went to the mall with my boyfriend today and saw my reflection in the glass walking back to the car and burst into tears.... i KNEW i had gained weight but refused to SEE that i had gained weight.... i came home, put together my plan (the same I used before) - NOT DIET, changes in my choices - and logged on to find a calorie tracker.... i decided to go ahead and put in my foods i ate today to see just about how many calories i consume every day... OVER 3100!!! i was floored.. okay, really i wasnt - but OMG!!!! how did i let myself become this way? I am 36, a mother of 2 very active sport involved teenagers and have a full time very demanding stressful job... and single mom... you know what... no different that many other women (who aren't fat) that are out there... i have made 2 years of HORRIBLE choices, have not taken care of me 1st, have not planned and prepared for each day, just go with the flow when the kids want fast food - it's so much easier.... NO MORE!!!!! Today, August 11, 2011 - I tracy VOW to take care of me FIRST, to plan my days ahead of time, to know there will be challenges and NOT take the easy (drive thru) route.... I will obtain my goal of 135 - 140 and I will get there making good choices. If i am not happy and healthy - and i know for myself they go hand in hand, then no one in my house is happy.... and that is not healthy for anyone.... i love my kids, i love myself, i just have to remember that even though they are my number one priority in life that I HAVE TO BE #1 too..... thanks for reading my rambling....

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Sounds like you are going into this with the right frame of mind and a well thought out game plan so I know you're gonna do great!!!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, Tracy...You can add me if you need more support... :flowerforyou:
  • yellowdog77
    Options
    Good luck you can do it.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Putting yourself first will NOT harm your kids, if anything it will make them better and appreciate what you are doing become as healthy and fit as they are. You are going to do amazing!
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good for you for deciding to make a change. Good luck on your journey :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Good for you Tracy!!!

YOu really can succeed with this program.

Set realistic expectations and you will do great!

Welcome!

D
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    You have come to the right place! It's a hard journey but you have taken the first step. Now just one day at a time and if that's to much break it down from there. Hour...minute,,,second. whatever it takes to help YOU take care of You! Good Luck! add me if you would like.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! :) Add me as a friend if you want. I will do my best to encourage you on this journey!
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Wow! That was inspiring. Good Luck!
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Awesome Tracy!
    Stay motivated because you can do anything you set your mind to.

I want to introduce you to someone who is very motivational and will more than likely understand what you are going through. Her name is Lori and she is the sweetest person you'll ever come across. She is very supportive! Add her!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/lori_menorahlover

I wish you all the best! xo
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Very touching story...excellent job on making this decision. You have come to a great place where many people have succeeded w/ getting back in shape. Stick to it...and if you slip, don't let that be a reason to quit...get back on the saddle and keep riding!!!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Good for you for deciding to make good choices in the future! Sounds like you already have a plan to follow and are going to take control of your food intake by planning in advance and entering everything in the food diary. What a great starting plan!

Practice your positive attitude and give yourself credit for every step you take in the right direction. When you make a misstep, figure out what you can learn from it and then forget about it and go on.

Keep your eye on the ball and try to have fun throughout the process. No more tears.....only CHEERS!!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! This is a great place to get and keep you on track!!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can definitely do this. There is a lot of support and information here. Read the FAQs and if you have any questions at all, there is a search function, because odds are, you are not the only one!

Best of luck!
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think we all at some point reached our darkest moment... When the light finally came on and we decided enough is enough. I think you're there. You can do this, stay focused and come here for support, we are here to support each other. I know u can do it!!! Feel free to add me for more support :-)
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good for you for having the fortitude to move your life forward. May I suggest you include your kids (where appropriate) in not only to join your journey for a healthier eating choices but also in getting out with them and exercising together. Going on walks, riding bikes, swimming, kicking a soccer ball around... what ever. Do it together and you will be putting BOTH you AND your kids 1st.
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I too was pretty amazed when I saw my daily "normal" calorie intake. Some pretty scary numbers :\ But along with the site and the awesome support family you can build here you can start making new choices being better informed :) Feel free to add me as a friend if you like too :D Can never have too many friends XD
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am rooting for you! You know what you need to do and you CAN do this!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had a bad day - Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. It will be better.
    You'll love it here

Good luck & best wishes
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You picked a great site, MFP is amazing! Good luck and feel free to add me if you wish :)