Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no..i drink soy milk.

but i do eat cheese and other dairy products
  • change_happens
    Options
    I have been slowly removing milk from my diet. Not because of this info, which I came across tonight, but it just doesn't settle right with me anyway.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Eww no. I haven't drank cow's milk since childhood like elementary days and even then I was known to pass my milk up for water or juice. I will cook with it occasionally and I do use cow's milk based cheese because I live with an omni who wouldn't appreciate soy/rice based cheese. I LOVE my Silk almond milk finally a brand of almond I like. I had gotten used to soy milk when my daughter was born and I found out she was lactose intolerant. For a treat I absolutely can inhale the dark chocolate almond milk by Silk so quick. My daughter will drink that while she won't drink plain almond.

I really like greek yogurt and have that on occasions.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am too much of a milk fan to NOT drink it....I try to drink organic fat free cows milk...but just because someone tells me that it is bad for me...doesnt mean that I am going to stop..

I hate to say it, but they have something bad in almost EVERYTHING. There were studies done that said Soy milk and hot dogs cause cancer! SO really it is just what types of risks you are willing to take and what you are willing to believe or not believe. I am sure that there are some kinds of harmful things in cows milk, but I have been drinking it since I was a tiny child and have NEVER had any issues with it, whether health wise or digestionally...so I think that it is all a matter of someones choices and opinions.... :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Fear mongering...what a wonderful tool to use in order to get everyone to believe the same things about everything.

I love milk. I love cheese. Fear mongering like this won't make me stop using dairy products any more than people whining about how "bad" it is that I eat...oh goodness...animals.
  • change_happens
    Options
    Fear mongering...what a wonderful tool to use in order to get everyone to believe the same things about everything.

I love milk. I love cheese. Fear mongering like this won't make me stop using dairy products any more than people whining about how "bad" it is that I eat...oh goodness...animals.

I am not in fear of milk... if that is what you are implying. Simply sharing a post regarding information that I have gathered. AND I do consume meat!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
    But i know that a high dairy diet helps you digest more fat than if u didnt eat alot.
    And i love milk!
    At the end of thte day chocolate has spiders and poop in it..
  • xraychick77
    Options
    i dont believe anything from a biased one sided source. everyone has their own agendas, and unless a site is a truely scientific unbiased site, i tend to not pay it any real mind.

because as i search around, especially the journal of nutrition..i can find no real negatives against drinking cow's milk
  • change_happens
    Options
    bump to read later.
    But i know that a high dairy diet helps you digest more fat than if u didnt eat alot.
    And i love milk!
    At the end of thte day chocolate has spiders and poop in it..

now that is funny! Lol! and rice has maggots :)
  • Lyadeia
    Options

I am not in fear of milk... if that is what you are implying. Simply sharing a post regarding information that I have gathered. AND I do consume meat!

Chill dude. I was talking about the ARTICLE, not you. And I never said anything about YOUR meat consumption. SMH.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    "All cows release toxins through their milk, as milk is a natural exit-portal for substances that the body cannot use."

^^^ Um, no. That's what the kidneys do. Milk is how mammals feed their babies. It's not a waste disposal system. That makes no damn sense...
  • xraychick77
    Options
    people whining about how "bad" it is that I eat...oh goodness...animals.

ya, why so defensive?

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."
    --Pythagoras (philosopher and mathematician)
  • change_happens
    Options
    I do wonder why people decide to eat this way, or that. I am very supportive of what people choose for themselves. I just find all of the diversity quite interesting. Regardless of whether or not a person eats this, eats that, we all choose what is beneficial for our bodies. Only we know our bodies and what they can tolerate.

The good part of being a part of a community like this, I have learned something new about health every day since being a part of MFP. That is a good thing :) And have met some really great encouragers, as well.
  • Lyadeia
    Options

ya, why so defensive?

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."

If you think I was defensive, then you totally missed the point. Still SMH.

My whole point was I get tired of seeing all the articles out there that use fear to try to persuade others to eat the way they do.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have me some cereal with some good ol 1% cow's milk in a sec here :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

ya, why so defensive?

My whole point was I get tired of seeing all the articles out there that use fear to try to persuade others to eat the way they do.

I hope you don't have Parkinson's with all the SYH goin on..lol :bigsmile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    "All cows release toxins through their milk, as milk is a natural exit-portal for substances that the body cannot use."

^^^ Um, no. That's what the kidneys do. Milk is how mammals feed their babies. It's not a waste disposal system. That makes no damn sense...

Human milk is used in experiments to test for levels of environmental pollutants for exactly this reason.

However, the article says NOTHING about milk being bad for you, only the, errrm, 'added extras'. I drink organic skimmed milk and can honestly say I prefer the taste... Maybe this article explains why!
  • Lyadeia
    Options

ya, why so defensive?

I hope you don't have Parkinson's with all the SYH goin on..lol :bigsmile:

OMG THAT IS THE LEAST FUNNY THING YOU COULD HAVE POSSIBLY SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to be nice right now...and since you didn't know...

My Dad has advanced Parkinson's Disease and it has torn the heart strings of everyone in my family including me. To see this man that taught me calculus in 11th grade be brought down someone having trouble pronouncing words...to see this man that played baseball with me when I was a kid have to pushed in a wheelchair by a nurse...to see him decline in health from normal, healthy, muscular to a person that we hardly recognize as the same man in less than 6 years...to have to be walked down the aisle by my brother last month because my dad was in the ER fighting for his life...

But since you didn't know I will forgive you, leave this thread forever, and simply go cry for a while.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article. I have my own reasons for not consuming dairy, some of it was mentioned in the article.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink cows milk - I do it in good conscience and I enjoy it. I'd call this article semi-scientific at best and will support any and all who accuse it of fear-mongering.

Man has been drinking cows milk ever since the cow was domesticated and I do not one second believe hat it poses any more danger to me than any other thing I ingest.

With that said I do go for the milk I can find that is closes to it's natural state - which is easy living in a country with a long tradition for farming in general and dairy production in particular.

And please don't tell me about the wonders of soy and almond milk - it doesn't just magically transform into milk and jump into a carton - it is processed just like pretty much any food available in industrial packaging today.