why did you pick your goal weight

Options
Just curious to see why people picked there goal weight.

For me it was to get out of the obese zone. I've been considered obese most of my life and just want to get to the overweight zone.

Replies

• SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm with you! I just want to be considered healthy again. Not morbidly obese, not obese, not even overweight.
    I have to admit, the clothes that are my size aren't the most flattering wither ... why do they think larger girls want to dress frumpy?? Drives me crazy!!
  • PassTheSalad
    Options
    I picked mine because it's the weight that I've been most of my adult up until about 5 years ago.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm trying to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. We'll see from there.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    For me it's to get into a level of high fitness and to slim down my childbearing hips (thanks mom).
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    same reason here. I do hope to eventually get out of overweight and into normal (the very top of normal is about the best I figure I could hope for), but I plan on doing that much more slowly so I have plenty of time to get used to it.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I picked mine because it was what I weighed when I got married, before babies !!!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I picked mine because it's the weight that I've been most of my adult up until about 5 years ago.

me too
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I picked mine as I spent the vast majority of my teens-early twenties fluctuating between 133/140lbs. I never felt small or fat or self concious as my weight fluctated up and down that 1/2 stone bar. I've been the same height since I was 13 so I thought that would be a good target.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    The BMI of my goal weight is the magic 22.
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have done these little mini goals for the past 3 years. It better to make mini goals (10-15lbs bursts) at a time so the journey is shorter..Easier to look at 10-15 than 50-100 yea know what I mean?? Set mini goals...its much more tolerable..
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    My first mini goal is to get out of the Obese zone and my second mini goal is to get out of the overweight zone. My big goal is 150lbs this is what I weighed when I got married and pregnant. I felt pretty good and I was pretty solid. When I make it there I may try to lose another 20lbs. But who knows... I'm not 18 anymore :-)
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OK, so no laughing.
    I picked my goal weight of 265 because that is the top weight for an MMA heavyweight.
    Being in an MMA fight is on my bucket list!
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I border on obese, even tho I'm a size 12. the WII tells me that I should weigh 129. I know my body and how I would look if I weighed that and it would be sickly. So I picked around 140. I feel like I could carry that well and not look awful, besides, my hubby doesn't like super thin women.
  • victoriashea
    Options
    I have a twin sister who looks fabulous at my goal weight. It's very motivating to have a 3-dimensional mirror showing you what you COULD look like! It also really sucks being the "chubby one".
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, the clothes that are my size aren't the most flattering wither ... why do they think larger girls want to dress frumpy?? Drives me crazy!!

What they THINK is that we'll buy "anything"! IDIOTS!! hahaha.. I would just refuse to buy new clothes.. But now my old clothes are getting big and falling off, and yet i'm still holding off until I can find clothes that I really like. =)
  • victoriashea
    Options
    OK, so no laughing.
    I picked my goal weight of 265 because that is the top weight for an MMA heavyweight.
    Being in an MMA fight is on my bucket list!

I love this.
  • timl2k11
    timl2k11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Picked the weight I was for most of my life up until I starting getting close to 30 yrs old. Basically the weight I was in my early 20's.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I picked my goal (140) because it's in the upper part of my healthy weight range & it is what I weighed before I got pregnant 7yrs (yikes) ago.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    That what I used to be my weight last year and years before it and I feel most happy in it. Plus I am working on lean muscles. Also you can check your frame size, because sometimes for people with large frame or small frame BMI gives wrong idea. There are plenty calculators online ( I used wrist , elbow + hip/stomach ratio and also your height one to find out I have rather small to extra small frame). My mom is the same height is me, but she has large frame! my sis has rather medium one, and he is even shorter then me :)) we all weight differently!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I picked my goal based on what I weighed when I was in a wedding 6 or 7 years ago. There are lots of pictures so it's well documented and I looked and felt pretty good at the time. That being said, my goal still has me 20 lbs overweight so we'll see once I get there.