why did you pick your goal weight

Options

Replies

• ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well I started with wanting the needle to be on the left side of the scale. Then I decided I wanted to be closer to the middle of the healthy BMI range so that put me at 130-135 as a goal. Since little steps are good, I set my goal at 135, but if I get to 130 or even 125, that is okay by me!

(In the back of my mind, I've also thought that I want my my BMI number to be lower than my boyfriend's. Sad, but it's true. For quite a while, I weighed more than him, but I've never told him that.)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I picked 135 lbs, because that's what my driver's licence says... and was true once upon a time. It's also in the middle range of healthy for my height 5'5." (about 61 kg, and 165 cm)
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    orignally I wanted to get bCk to my pre-preg weight. Now I am happy at 9 lbs over that bc I am toned.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I picked 135 lbs, because that's what my driver's licence says... and was true once upon a time.

Haha mine too! Good point!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    I picked my goal weight because it is smack in the middle of the "healthy range" for BMI at my height. It's also the goal I had on weight watchers 3 years ago, except I stopped at 160 and gained all of it back!
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mine was chosen for me by the Dukan Diet website. I have been following the diet since July. It puts into account if you've been pregnant, how old you are, if you've followed other diets, what your bone size is, etc. So my GW is 132 lbs. I started at 163 and am currently 149. Nearly halfway there.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I picked mine because it's the weight that I've been most of my adult up until about 5 years ago.

This... only about 2.5 years ago instead of 5.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine is my drivers license weight..so that's what I weighed when I was 17, and I looked pretty good then. I might go lower once I get there though.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I picked my goal weight as the midrange of my healthy BMI.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Mine is lower than I've been as an adult! It's the top end of 'healthy' for my height and I'm curious to see what I'll look like! lol
    My friend is around that weight and my height so I know it looks good on her, I just hope I like it on me! I do think I should amend it when I get there, but will address that next year. :)
    To be honest I'll be happy anywhere after 3lb more gone as I won't have been 'there' for 12 years! But no way am I stopping. :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal weight is 114, AT 20% Body fat. For a long time I was not sure of my goal weight.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was chosen based on discussions with my doctor and nutritionist for my health condition and height. But I am setting mini goals for myself as well. Also, hubby is getting me a Pandora braclet for our anniversary this month. and I plan to get a charm for every 25 lbs lost. Rewarding myself with something OTHER than food.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Mine was chosen for me by the Dukan Diet website. I have been following the diet since July. It puts into account if you've been pregnant, how old you are, if you've followed other diets, what your bone size is, etc. So my GW is 132 lbs. I started at 163 and am currently 149. Nearly halfway there.
    this is really interesting thanks - have just 'done' the assessment and it's come out at exactly my goal weight - which I was thinking I should go below. :) Interesting and helpful thanks.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    For me I always wanted to be below the 150 weight thingy on those slider scales at the doctor! I got down there after baby #2. Sadly, I was only actually below the weight at the doctor once before getting pregnant again.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Mine is the lowest healthy weight for my height. I'm short and don't look good unless my weight is as low as possible without being underweight. Actually I prefer the way I look underweight but also don't want to get ill this time. So 99lbs it is.

I don't ever dare to weigh myself though so I'll never know if I get there!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight has changed several times throughout my journey. When I first started I wanted to reach a goal of 175 because that would take me out of the obese category and seemed attainable. As I got closer to that weight, I changed my goal to 165 as that put me at the high end of healthy. Once I reached that, I once again changed my goal and decided I wanted to try for 155. I reached that in record time and once again my goal has changed. Currently I have my goal set at 145 but that may change again as I get closer. I am definitely feeling better about how my body looks and I truly want to be in single digits for all my clothes in any store in which I shop.

Ultimately I want to look and feel healthy. I've also put more stock in my measurements than previously.
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    looked at BMI and chose the highest weight withing normal range when i get there I will re-evaluate then. Almost there (YEAH)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    My original goal was the avarage of BMI and various sites ideal weight for me, which was about 135. I have since realised, that I need to lose a lot more to get a managable sized mid section :| So I added 10lb.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I picked 150lbs because at 5'4, I think the recommended 120lbs is way too skinny, and I envision myself having muscles anyway =3
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I picked mine because it's almost square in the middle of the healthy weight range. My goal weight is the lower-end of the center of that range. I am medium build, so I thought that would fit me nicely. My goal weight is a slightly higher than what I weighed in my 20s, but I don't want to feel hungry all the time.