Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

for girls: no periods??

2»

Replies

• MysterriGal
    MysterriGal Posts: 52 Member
    See a doctor. It could be the weight loss, but it could be a whole bunches of other things, ranging from nothing to crazy serious. You don't want to freak out about it, because stress its self will fool up your cycle ( are you under a lot of stress?) but you don't want to leave something like that, its better to know. I'm a bit of a worrier about that stuff because of some scary family history, but the fact is, you never know, and its good to catch anything as early as possible, even something simple. Get checked out, and I hope everything is good!
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Thats why I told her to see her doctor.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    im having the same issue but i think for the opposite reason, im the heaviest ive ever been and didnt get my period in july and so far not this month either. I took a pregnancy test that came back negative, but im starting to worry because besides when i was pregnant with my daughter, ive never skipped a period in my life. I dont know if its due to my size or if theirs something else going on.

Being too heavy can also cause it. I never missed periods until my weight started rising quickly in my early 20's. Also, if you are holding a lot of weight and it came on quick, it could be a hormonal imbalance or polycystic ovaries which is very common in big girls. Especially if you have acne and facial hair issues, this can be the case. It seems our girly parts don't like alot of interruption lol
  • happyjacks
    happyjacks Posts: 31 Member
    I was really irregular for YEARS. I went off of birth control and didn't have a period for 9 months. Part of it was weight, but my OB was concerned about the continual build-up of lining in the uterus, so while he was wanting me to try clomid to get pregnant (can't get preggo if you don't ovulate!) he would have me do a few days of some drug (can't remember the name - it was a hormone) that would then induce a period. Sort of like how birth control pills fool your body into thinking it's pregnant and then when you don't take the pills on that off week you start your cycle.

Definitely see your dr about it, though.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    If you've stopped having periods, you need to go to your doctor ASAP...
    this for sure!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I was really irregular for YEARS. I went off of birth control and didn't have a period for 9 months. Part of it was weight, but my OB was concerned about the continual build-up of lining in the uterus, so while he was wanting me to try clomid to get pregnant (can't get preggo if you don't ovulate!) he would have me do a few days of some drug (can't remember the name - it was a hormone) that would then induce a period. Sort of like how birth control pills fool your body into thinking it's pregnant and then when you don't take the pills on that off week you start your cycle.

Definitely see your dr about it, though.

In case anyone is wondering, the drug you were mentioning was probably some form of progesterone. Usually it's provera that's used to start a new cycle..
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    I am having this EXACT issue. It's been 4 months now. I have seen my DR and have gone through all the blood work. Since my blood work came back great, she concluded that either my BMI is too "low" and that I might be someone who functions with a "higher BMI". ......Obviously she knows what she's talking about since she's a doctor, but my BMI is right in the healthy range, I am 117 at 5'3'' which is not too thin by any means. Does anyone think that was kind of a weird conclusion??

In fact, I really want to get down to 115 since it was my original goal AND I want to run my first half marathon in October. (I've been running 4-5 miles about 3 days a week)

I am a little torn on what to do. I want to keep running and get to my goal weight, but I don't want to mess up my lady parts.

Any runners have any input on this? Can I train for half marathons and get my period??
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    i already asked this a bit ago but thought i would ask again with a bit more information, because i am getting a little worried! i am 5'4" and weigh around 119-120 pounds. my body fat % is around 23%, according to an at-home scale. i exercise 3-4 times a week for about 20-30 min. i have lost about 8 pounds over this summer, eating between 1300-1500 calories per day. i have skipped my period for 3 months straight, and no, i am not pregnant. is anyone else having this happen?? is it because of cutting calories, etc.?? :(
    I work with a GYN and she would say make an appointment and come in...I agree why guess when you can be properly evaluated. Please go!