people on yahoo answers are stupid...

Options
"Your body will not live on 1200 calories. If you are a woman, you need 3000 calories. Men 3,500 calories. Just because you consume calories doesn't mean its bad. However you need to walk for at least 10 minutes after consuming every meal to burn them. Calories is energy for your body, and your body needs it. Without that energy you will be sick."

Yeah. 3,500 calories. Eating literally a pound worth of cals a day is a great way to lose weight. A 10min walk will burn that off. And dinnae even get me started on "calories IS energy"

AAAAH IF YOU ARE CLUELESS DINNAE GEE ADVICE!

Replies

• dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    10 minutes of walking after every meal?

Damn, if only it was that easy *rolls eyes*
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    my friends dads friend use to believe that drinking a table spoon of bleach every day will cleanse your body...yeah hes dead now.

lol on another note.....i cant believe i was eating 1350 before! everyone works differently but thats way to little for me and i SO wish that the crazy person on youtube who may of been kidding just to piss people off was totally right in every way possible LOL
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    yeah. If someone gave you that answer they probably dropped out of elementary school. Just like the guy who told me you need to eat plenty of salt so you retain water and the water will replace the fat in your body which makes it easy for you to lose weight. I think yours takes the cake though.

You can live on 1200 calories.... infact for some women 1500 calories is their normal BMR...my sisters BMR is like 1588 or something... so its easier for women to lower to 1200 calories then it is for men cause its so close to their BMR. I did 1200 calories a while back for 3 months it worked great for me. I felt great. never once had a problem. people like that are stupid.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love yahoo answers. "answers" (in the literal sense that someone is responding to a query) barfed out by real live yahoos.

Great for entertainment. Sympathy to those that take any of the advice.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Get a clue, you can tell from your picture that it doesn't work!

Sorry, what's that meant to mean?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I think generalizing men and women as having a set calorie target is ridiculous period. It's based on weight, fat, and activity level.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Yeah, WTF?
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Geeze, rude much???
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Yeah, WTF?

Again, really, what is that meant to mean?
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options

Yeah, WTF?

Agreed doesn't come across to nicely
  • flutterqueen04
    Options

Wow that was a little mean and uncalled for. The advice she posted was advice given by someone else on a different site. She was just commenting on how crazy it was, NOT saying that is what she's doing! No need for mean comments. I believe there are rules against that.

Back to the ORIGINAL POST.....
    I do kinda wonder how well this is working for the person who posted it! Haha...seriously if it was THAT easy to eat and lose weight we'd all be thin!!
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Wow that was a little mean and uncalled for. The advice she posted was advice given by someone else on a different site. She was just commenting on how crazy it was. No need for mean comments. I believe there are rules against that.

THIS!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Yahoo answers is full of kids. Not exactly the best source of info...

tumblr_lprwqzBpns1qfuctjo1_500.jpg
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Wow that was a little mean and uncalled for. The advice she posted was advice given by someone else on a different site. She was just commenting on how crazy it was. No need for mean comments. I believe there are rules against that.

exactly this^
  • Dinob661
    Options
    I think generalizing men and women as having a set calorie target is ridiculous period. It's based on weight, fat, and activity level.

yeah. activity level plays a huge role in weight loss/maintenance. If you are a very active person you can easily lose or maintain your weight. I agree.
  • Dinob661
    Options

THIS!

^^^^^^^^^
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    When I research something I never look at the yahoo answers
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LAME, there happy now.
    What is wrong with you? No, really.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

Yeah, thanks. Because obviously no one on this site is fat, at all, apart fae me.
    For someone telling me to get a clue, ***** doesny seem to be able to read posts properly does she...?
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    LAME, there happy now.

:blushing: Sometimes its just better to think before we post so we avoid the whole "foot in mouth" syndrome, don't you think? :bigsmile: