Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I draw the line at 4 tons
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I think husband or wife are kind of responsible for each other health at least. We are the closest to each other, right? Just say it in a polite way, not hard joke. Actually ,what worked for my husband, by accident I just made one "bad" picture of my hubby on the beach and he start losing his "baby weight" , he was one of those husbands who gain sympathy weight during my pregnancy. I was very supportive and only cooking healthy stuff :) Naturally, as a man, he lost weight rather fast. Gym helped too. I myself trying to get last couple of kilos off, and my hubby is also very supportive :) so, yes, I think married people should def worry about each other!!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Actual quotes from my husband:

Motivating: " I am concerned about your health. You know how hard it was for me to grow up without a mom. Can you imagine what it would be like for (our daughter) if she lost you at an early age? It would kill her."

Not Motivating, But In Fact Soul Crushing: "Have you noticed how big your thighs have gotten?"
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can "let" your spouse get fat...you don't own them. You are their partner and should support them in everything, through thick and thin ;-). My husband and I both let ourselves go a bit too much but that was never a deal breaker for either of us and while we both knew that we needed to lose weight and get in shape, sometimes life gets in the way. In between working and raising kids, along with all of the other activities, sometimes you are just plain tired and you get pushed to the bottom of the list. I'm not saying that's the best way to do things but you also have to be ready to make the change yourself, not because someone else tells you to. If you don't do it for you then it will never truly work and the weight will come back. I am happy to say that now that our kids are more self sufficient, we have both found the time and put the energy into making ourselves look and feel better! I am DEFINITELY glad I stuck it out with him because he is even hotter now than when we first met in high school, lol!!
    I am said husband and yes I got really big and this beautiful woman hung in there!
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When we were dating, we were watching one of those half-ton person type shows... you know the hour long documentaries? Anyway, I asked my husband if he would stay with me if I weighed 700 pounds and he told me no. So, I can get up to 699 and we're good :o)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. If I feel that it's becoming a health problem, I would say something. I mean, you're supposed to be looking out for each other, right? I'd hope that any spouse I have would do the same for me.

I obviously wouldn't be like "Damn, honey, you're really packing on those pounds!" But more of a "You look like you're starting to gain a little weight, would you like me to start buying some healthier foods?" or if it was becoming a real problem, I would be a little more blunt about it.

This - my guy is laid off all winter and by his own admission he sits around and eats and drinks. I got him to agree to one healthy meal and a walk once a week. This is HUGE!!! Lol
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would never ever say anything.. He was much bigger when I met him and I fell in love with him. Large or small (he weighs way less than I do now), he is perfect. Like it was previously said, they already know if they're gaining weight and have the decision whether they want to do anything about it. For health reasons such as diabetes (which is what my husband suffers from), he has to eat right now anyway and has been on a mission to lose more weight.. knowing that I'm on the same mission, we both encourage each other and it makes things a lot easier. But we are doing this for our health more than anything. He has never said to me that I was gaining too much weight, when I rocketed to over 100lbs more than what I was when I married him (and I was still pretty chubby back then). And I would never say anything to him if he had gained over 100lbs since getting married.. I'd say it's pretty damn obvious to them, if they have. I think had he said something to me, I would have broken down and not done anything about it.. just spiraled more into depression and not cared what anyone thought. It wasn't until I decided for myself that I wanted to make a change, that I did something about it.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I like 'em round, and big
    And when I'm throwin' a gig
    I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
    Now here's my scandal
    I wanna get you home
    And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
    I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
    'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
    I want 'em real thick and juicy
    So find that juicy double
    Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
    Beggin' for a piece of that bubble

LOL. that is funny! i was teaching my 7 year old to sing some baby got back earlier tonight. (we had to change ALOT of words. cant be having him gettin kicked out of daycare!) it was funny.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I like 'em round, and big
    And when I'm throwin' a gig
    I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
    Now here's my scandal
    I wanna get you home
    And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
    I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
    'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
    I want 'em real thick and juicy
    So find that juicy double
    Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
    Beggin' for a piece of that bubble
    Omg! You just TRY & get into trouble don't ya?!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Unless it was a danger to his health I would not say a thing. He knows how he looks I don't need to tell him. I would just invite him along to the gym with me and if he wanted to come he is more them welcome, if not I'd be 100% supportive.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    He said he doesn't really care, but that he doesn't have to worry about it either, since I complain if i gain half a pound. He knows I'd never let myself get too big. lol