Waistin' Away in Margaritaville Challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So far I have run about 5 miles this week, with 3.1 tomorrow in my first 5k. Also biked about 3 miles this week. Hope I can add this all up to meet the challenge goals.
    Hope everyone is doing well
    Angela
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So far I have run about 5 miles this week, with 3.1 tomorrow in my first 5k. Also biked about 3 miles this week. Hope I can add this all up to meet the challenge goals.
    Hope everyone is doing well
    Angela

You're doing GREAT! And congratz on your first 5k this weekend. :smile: Be careful, tho, they are addictive!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I do tomorrow, looks like I'm just short of ten miles running (9.7 miles...the planned 5 mile run dissipated when due to fatigue and a problem with my HRM) but I definitely had my "wheels" and "wings" as I finished 17th at the Big Blue 5K Trail Run at Incline Village, NV (on the north side of Lake Tahoe) with a time of 30:17. That's a 9:46 pace for the race. :) I'll be doing a 7.9 mile trail run and a 5K on pavement before the end of the Margaritaville Challenge. :happy:
  • scantrll
    Options
    Everyone is doing a GREAT job! :smile:

I did another 3 mile walk today for a total so far of 10 miles so far! Woohoo! :happy: I'm planning on doing at least another 3 miles tomorrow to finish off my week.

Don't forget to weigh in everyone! Lets see how everyone did this week.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I end the week with 8.1 miles run and 3 miles on the bike. Not what I "normally" do in a week as I didn't want to push too hard right before my first 5k.
    Whatever the next exercise challenge is, I WILL meet it!
    Best of luck to everyone.
    Ang
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to eat my favorite burger this week (that's what happens when you're broke), but I wanted to still post it for you all to try. It's originally from allrecipes (great site if you don't already use it, and they have a great app).

Grilled Spicy Lamb Burgers http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Spicy-Lamb-Burgers/Detail.aspx

I actually modify it from that recipe, skipping the molasses, sherry, white wine vinegar, mint, and feta. If I had mint I would have left that in. I used a little bit of sugar and some cabernet that I already had open. Then served them with regular hamburger buns. Not a very precise recipe (sorry) but it turns out really good...and less calories than the original. I love to experiment with my food. :drinker:

As for miles, I've done 24.58 so far and I'll probably do one more mile tonight. (Had to do 25 for another challenge, I'm not THAT much of an overachiever :wink: )
  • scantrll
    Options
    Finished this week with 13.6 miles. :smile: I'll post another challenge (both weight and food) tomorrow for you all. Who's still doing this challenge? I've noticed we've not had a lot of folks updating the spreadsheet. :frown: But as long as some of you seem to be enjoying it, I'll keep doing weekly challenges. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm just here for the food and drinks and fun. :laugh:

I'll be the official thread lurk_2.gif
  • scantrll
    Options
    Week 3 Challenge!

"Yeah with a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine
    And Im a chewin on a honeysuckle vine"
    ~ Tin Cup Chalice

So red wine might not be the healthiest of drinks to fill up our own tin cup chalices, so how about this week's food challenge is to fill it up with water! Lots and lots of water. :smile: The food challenge this week is to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces. In other words, if you weight 200 lbs, then you need to drink 100 oz of water a day.

"She Knows how to face the music
    She Knows where the magic starts
    In a world that needs more dancing
    She's still a hula girl at heart"
    ~ Hula Girl at Heart

Our exercise challenge for this week is to help up become better Hula Girls or Beach Bums... We are challenged to do 1000 crunches or sit-ups this week. Gotta get those abs looking good for the beach wear!

Enjoy! And don't forget to update on here your water and crunches. :smile:
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! And thank you for not deleting me!:blushing:
    Back from vacation and it looks like I missed some great challenges. Thought I would have been able to weight in, but was unable to. Just updated the sheet. Gained a pound so I have tons of catching up. Guess I’m doing some crunches!
  • MinaMaharet
    MinaMaharet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I second the "thanks for not deleting me!"

Work has been insane and I haven't been able to keep up with challenges/weighing in like I should.

So tomorrow I will post my updated measurements and my burger recipe.

Thats a lot of water, but since my physical therapist said no more soda, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm at 1.5L so far, but I'm sure after my hot yoga class i'll hit the 140oz mark. Gross.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Progress so far:
    Monday: water done, 150 crunches
    Tuesday: water done, 150 crunches

Total: 300 crunches...only 700 (eek!) left
  • CaptainMFP
    Options
    Got over 10 miles last week with an extra 1.4 mile run/walk with my 4-yo on Sunday. (He wants to run in a race like Daddy, who did a 30:16 5K on Sunday. :smile: )

The water will be easy...I drink more than that every day normally. Do my best on crunches...did the 200 sit up program successfully (got 210 in one set two weeks ago) but have been focusing on push-ups lately. Will see how many crunches I can get this week.
  • scantrll
    Options
    Got over 10 miles last week with an extra 1.4 mile run/walk with my 4-yo on Sunday. (He wants to run in a race like Daddy, who did a 30:16 5K on Sunday. :smile: )

That was a GREAT time in your 5k! :happy: And yay! for taking your kid on a walk/run. I wish my parents had taken me exercising when I was young. Maybe I wouldn't be where I'm at today if I had been encouraged to do sports as a kid. :smile:
  • scantrll
    Options
    Monday: 275 crunches and yes to water
    Tuesday: no crunches and yes to water
    Wednesday: 305 crunches and yes to water

Total: 580 crunches (over 1/2 way there! Woohoo!)

Keep up the amazing work everyone. :smile: Do as much as you can everyday and you'll be amazed at how much farther you'll go in a month's time. :flowerforyou:
  • babybluz33
    Options
    How's everyone doing with this one?

So far I have 600 crunches done and I've been drinking all of my water.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I am such a slacker!!! Please let me back in this challenge, I will do a better job, I promise!!!! :flowerforyou:

I just started a new teaching job, and though I only have 6 students, I have 3 grade levels and all the students are actually at a different level at nearly every subject, so I have been planning, planning, and replanning...and that left no time for mfp or health. I am now commited to finding the balance between work and life, so back to mfp and my challenges!!!

It looks like some great progress and challenges were going on. I will pack in the crunches and get in a run today, while also catching up on my water!!! :drinker:

I cant wait to see what your creative challenge will be for the next week!! I will be ALLL in!! :heart:

PS...I went to a Jimmy Buffett party last weekend !!!! I met up with my husband and his parents at a party...and it was a jimmy buffet party!! It was a great party and a great theme!! I also won a shirt, which is just a bit to tight for comfort...so my personal goal is to post a pic of me wearing it at the end of this challenge!!!!!

YAY!!

Keep up the hard work everyone...I am ready to join you again!!
  • CaptainMFP
    Options
    Well, I didn't make the sit-ups/crunches, but I'm on a restricted strength training routine (training for a race) and ab work just wasn't in the cards this week. Got my water, though. What's next! :smile:
  • CaptainMFP
    Options
    I wish my parents had taken me exercising when I was young. Maybe I wouldn't be where I'm at today if I had been encouraged to do sports as a kid. :smile:

Genetics can get you too, though. I was a skinny kid (admittedly big butt and thighs...genetics!) and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do at 18, but I got sluggish as I aged and my slow metabolism caught me (genetics again). Not saying activity when we're young doesn't matter...just saying genetics matters more than most of us realize. :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! As summer winds to a close, I hope we keep the spirit of JB alive.

That said, I am off to enjoy the sun!!