Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.04.08

Options
Good morning, ladies! What are your goals for today?

I accomplished my main objective already - worked out at 5 am (30 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes stationary bike). I also plan to log all of my food today.

Everyone have a great day and keep up the good work! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! What are your goals for today?

I accomplished my main objective already - worked out at 5 am (30 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes stationary bike). I also plan to log all of my food today.

Everyone have a great day and keep up the good work! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There you are I thought I had missed it and was ready to be positive. The Supervisors brought in donuts this morning and I was having a hard time but I done it. There all gone and I didnt eat one.
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Good morning!

My goal today is (1) not to over eat today. My company is ordering us mexican food from Macayo's
    (2) do my run/walk program (3) drink enough water

Everyone have a great day!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Good Morning buddies:wink:

OctoberBabe-Great job with avoiding those donuts...

Sryann79-Great workout this morning!

gynuwyne-i too plan on drinking alot of water today! Ive got my gallon ready,lol

Today im doing a circuit workout! I will be back later today to report it and my calories burned!

Im also looking forward to getting to know everybody!

My name is Amelia! :smile:
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    Hi Amelia! Have fun on your circuit workout. That's how I lost the weight the first time around (bk in high school) I went to the community college gym and did the circuit training, plus I did cardio on the stairmaster and bike. Dad and I would go play racquetball on Saturday's.
  • saryann79
    Options
    Amelia - what do you do on your circuit workout? Gynuwyne - when you did one, what did you do? I'm interested in trying it, but my (free) gym at work has very limited machines.

October - turning away the donuts! You get the gold star for the day! I work in a position where community resources are vying for my affection (referrals, not really affection), and they bring us food very often. I usually try to take it straight to the nurse's station, where the doctors and nurses take care of it quickly, but sometimes they have lunches that we have to go to and you never know what lunch will be. That will be a struggle for me, I'm sure. For example, one of them is bringing pizza tomorrow. One brought Chinese yesterday.

As an aside - if you are an early morning poster, feel free to start this thread without me! I am up and working out at 5 am, but I don't actually log onto a computer until I get to work and get going (after 8). And on weekends, I get to sleep in, so you may not see me until afternoon on the weekend! I don't want my schedule to stop anyone from getting the support they need!
  • saryann79
    Options
    October posted this on another thread when she was looking for us this morning - I think it will help inspire everyone today! Thanks, October!

"Have I missed the starter for this morning?

10 lbs at a time to focus on I thing is great. First 10 lbs. since joining this group let everyone know so we can celebrate!!

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Watch your thoughts, they become words
    Watch your words, they become actions
    Watch your actions, they become habits
    Watch your habits, they become character
    Watch your Character, for it becomes your destiny
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settle for

Positive Thinking will get you far and make us strong. Repeat after me:

I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT, LOOK SEXY, FEEL SEXY AND BE A HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER ME. "
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    the gym I went to had a stationary bicyle in between each machine. There was a radio playing and every 30 or 45 sec it would tell you switch machines, then everyone would jump off the machine they were on and go to the next. There was a machine to work each body part, with the bike inbetween each machine.

I really liked that. I think it's kind of like a Curves, but they don't have the radio telling you to move on.
  • saryann79
    Options
    The bike would have been great - I went to Curves once and quit specifically because of those darn jumping boards between each of the machines. I felt SO SILLY bouncing around on those things...
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My goal today is not to wallow...I had a muscle biopsy done about 2 months ago (they know I have some sort of Muscular Dystrophy, just not sure which one) and last night my neurologist called with the results. My muscles still look good :happy: , but he thinks I have a mitochodrial myopathy. That means my body doesn't produce energy properly and I break down my muscles for energy when I work out. .:grumble: He isn't sure which enzyme I'm missing, but apparently the treatment is all the same...vitamins, supplements etc...no cure or replacement enzymes.

I know that my diagnosis is much better than it could have been, which I am thankful for, but it still STINKS! I was up all night with a monster migraine and vomiting. :sick: So my goal today is to suck it up, do some research and move forward. (And not wallow in my comfort foods) Anyone with any insight on this, I would love to hear from you.

Sorry, didn't mean to be Debbie Downer! I'll be more upbeat in the future, I promise!
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    Jumping boards? I can only imagine. Yeah, no one wants to by jumping, and jigging infront of other ppl. :tongue:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My goal today is not to wallow...I had a muscle biopsy done about 2 months ago (they know I have some sort of Muscular Dystrophy, just not sure which one) and last night my neurologist called with the results. My muscles still look good :happy: , but he thinks I have a mitochodrial myopathy. That means my body doesn't produce energy properly and I break down my muscles for energy when I work out. .:grumble: He isn't sure which enzyme I'm missing, but apparently the treatment is all the same...vitamins, supplements etc...no cure or replacement enzymes.

I know that my diagnosis is much better than it could have been, which I am thankful for, but it still STINKS! I was up all night with a monster migraine and vomiting. :sick: So my goal today is to suck it up, do some research and move forward. (And not wallow in my comfort foods) Anyone with any insight on this, I would love to hear from you.

Sorry, didn't mean to be Debbie Downer! I'll be more upbeat in the future, I promise!

kelhun1-Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I totally feel where your coming from with not letting it get you down. I have been battling cancer for the past 7 years (actually thought it was gone the last 5 yrs, but it came back about 2 1/2 months ago) so I had many, many days where it was a struggle to stay upbeat and positive. If there's any way I can help you cope, please feel free to ask me!:heart:

Everyone-I am soo happy to see this club up and running!:drinker: I think it will be a wonderful way to keep us all on track and accountable for everything we put in our mouths!:laugh:

For our first "official" thread, I would like to say that Thursdays are my regular weigh in days and I lost another 4 lbs this week!:drinker: That is especially feeling good to me right now because last Thursday morning (BEFORE any Thanksgiving "festivities) I weighed in and had somehow GAINED 3 lbs!:grumble: I was sooo depressed! It was really, really hard to keep focused and motivated the rest of that week with that GAIN in the back of my mind when I felt like I had done everything right that whole week:ohwell: And now, AFTER Thangsgiving Day and 3 days:laugh: worth of leftovers this past week, I LOSE:laugh: Go figure...lol
    Anyway, have a great day everyone and drink up that water!!:drinker:

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh and OctoberBabe...way to go on passing up those donuts!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    wow, Kelhun1 and Nonibug, BIG HUGS for both of you. :heart: I hope you both are back on your feet real soon and feeling much better. Sometimes, when were feeling sorry for ourselves, all we have to do is look out the window and see someone else who is worse off than we are.

I'm glad to see neither of you are letting your illnesses get the better of you. You keep pushing threw all the muck that is dished out at you. Much love to you both.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I can empathize with your Kelhun1 and Nonibug. I was diagnoised with cancer 4 years ago and they told me it was gone in the spring, but now it looks like it might be back. I remember when I was on treatment that it was very hard to exercise and while I didn't get down about having the treatments, it was hard to stay positive about weight and such. It completely messed up my metabolism and I'm hoping that this time round it a. doesn't come back or b I can have people to lean on when I need some motivation to exercise. I'm so sorry that you both have to deal with these health issues!

On a lighter note: I tend to do Turbo Jam Videos as I'm not motivated enough to go out in the cold before work to get to a gym and I have to get home right after work to take care of by dog (his name is Charlie). Anyway, after I take care of him I do my workout. Last night I did two of the videos Lower Body Jam and Kickin' Core. So, I got in about 75 minutes of exercise. I'm a little sore today, but it's the good kind of sore.

Today: My goal is to drink enough water and exercise this evening. Hopefully I do a toning workout and then a cardio workout.
  • OctoberBabe
    Options
    Kelhun1 and Nonibug - you too hang in there and fight.
    Dont you let it get the best of you. You tell it your the boss and will have to do what you say. I know there will be bad days and I couldnt even begin to know what either of you are really going through but we are here for you anytime you need us.:love::flowerforyou: :smile:
  • OctoberBabe
    Options
    QUESTION - I dont have time to go to the gym everyday so I try to do some stuff at home. I need to buy some newer dvds and need some good ones.

What is everyone favorite dvd(s)?
    Favorite good ,quick and sweet treats with low calories? (I have a sweet tooth)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am a late riser West Coaster, so sorry if I missed the morning rush. :yawn:

My goals for the day are to eat lightly. I don't intend to eat my exercise calories today, because I had a huge pasta binge last night. :embarassed: Like 600 cals over huge. *sigh*

My other goal is to do absolutely NO night time snacking. After 7pm, I will have no food. I went to the grocery store and bought myself some Big Red gum to assist me :bigsmile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    What is everyone favorite dvd(s)?
    Favorite good ,quick and sweet treats with low calories? (I have a sweet tooth)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this... but my favourite DVD is my exotic dancing workout vid. Hehe. Its really just silly, but a lot of fun and really makes you break a sweat. I just love dancing videos in general, it feels less like I'm actually 'exercising.' I have a belly dancing one that I save for days when I just feel blah and want to work on my tummy :blushing:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    Jumping boards? I can only imagine. Yeah, no one wants to by jumping, and jigging infront of other ppl. :tongue:

This was my reasoning when I told the DH I wanted a treadmill instead of a gym subscription. :laugh: :laugh: I didn't want everyone looking at my wobbly bits, and since I am also particuarly large in the chest, supportive bras are hard to find. :ohwell: Then I moved the treadmill into the bedroom so even DH couldn't watch me.