Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.04.08

Options

Replies

• slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I am new here and I just wanted to say that if you ladies can be positive with all that life has thrown at you...then there is NO FREAKING REASON that I can't be. You two have honestly just made me realize how much I have been wallowing in my own self pitty instead of taking control of it and doing something about it. I can not tell you enough but, THANK YOU!! Just hearing that you two are out there, being positive, is a HUGE inspiration to myself, and I am sure others.

Today is, well, not the best morning I have had, but it is morning.(nearly afternoon now) I am getting ready to head to my apt. complex gym..my first time going and I am hoping that there are some decent machines :) I am just planning on eating better today. Baby steps with food and exercise. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I am hoping to get my ticker going lower and lower soon.

Have a great day you all.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Today is, well, not the best morning I have had, but it is morning.(nearly afternoon now) I am getting ready to head to my apt. complex gym..my first time going and I am hoping that there are some decent machines :) I am just planning on eating better today. Baby steps with food and exercise. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I am hoping to get my ticker going lower and lower soon.

Good for you!! Congratulations for making the choice to improve your life, I hope we can help. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mom2my2boys
    Options
    Hey everyone- I will usually post at night but I thought I would jump on at lunch and see what's up. I'm so excited for this club! I REALLY need it.

My thoughts and prayers are with all you ladies battling those illnesses. Stay strong!!

My goal for today is to not cave into the massive stress in my office today because of the company's announcement that jobs will be cut. That's all the talk and I'm trying to stay away from the vending machine because I'm stressed out! My building has alot of empty space in the basement so I'm going to take a time out and walk down there, pound out my frustrations :wink:

107605.png
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    QUESTION - I dont have time to go to the gym everyday so I try to do some stuff at home. I need to buy some newer dvds and need some good ones.

What is everyone favorite dvd(s)?
    Favorite good ,quick and sweet treats with low calories? (I have a sweet tooth)

I really like the Turbo Jam Videos. They are a really good cardio workout and also have strength training videos. So, that's what I would suggest.

My favorite quick, sweet treat is Ghiradelli chocolate squares (Dark and Raspberry) it has 70 calories for one square. I also drink chocolate milk when I get a craving for chocolate.
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    QUESTION - I dont have time to go to the gym everyday so I try to do some stuff at home. I need to buy some newer dvds and need some good ones.

I have the Biggest Loser, volume 2 workout dvd, and I like it a lot. It is divided into several different chunks, and then you program in which ones you are going to do, so you have a different workout every time, and you can do as short or as long as you want. Good for when you just have a few minutes, or want to really go to town.

I love the 100 calorie packs because I have no sense of portion control - two that I'm currently stuck on are the Mr. Salty's choc covered pretzels and the fudge grahams.
  • saryann79
    Options
    Kelhun, Nonibug, and abs - you are all in my prayers, and continue to stay positive. Not only will it help in this journey, but there is nothing more important in healing your body than staying positive.
  • saryann79
    Options
    Jumping boards? I can only imagine. Yeah, no one wants to by jumping, and jigging infront of other ppl. :tongue:

This was my reasoning when I told the DH I wanted a treadmill instead of a gym subscription. :laugh: :laugh: I didn't want everyone looking at my wobbly bits, and since I am also particuarly large in the chest, supportive bras are hard to find. :ohwell: Then I moved the treadmill into the bedroom so even DH couldn't watch me.

Yes, jumping boards - I have the same chest/bra problem - no one wants to be bouncing around like that!

Actually, one of the main reasons I'm OK with going to the gym @ my hospital so early. In four days this week, I have only seen two other people there at 5 am. It's a big place, so I don't have to see them and they don't have to see me! I don't have to share machines or have someone waiting for it, watching me, and I don't have to work out in front of my husband or step daughter.
  • mom2my2boys
    Options

I have the Biggest Loser, volume 2 workout dvd, and I like it a lot. It is divided into several different chunks, and then you program in which ones you are going to do, so you have a different workout every time, and you can do as short or as long as you want. Good for when you just have a few minutes, or want to really go to town.

I love the 100 calorie packs because I have no sense of portion control - two that I'm currently stuck on are the Mr. Salty's choc covered pretzels and the fudge grahams.

I agree with the biggest loser dvd's! I have both volumes and love them!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My goal today was 30 minutes on the elliptical. I managed 26 minutes on ellipitical, 4 minutes on the stair master and then I kind of literally collapsed. Haha! But I guess I'm getting a day off whether I wanted it or not so that's good?

:laugh:

Right now I'm feeling very proud. Last week I could hardly do ten minutes on the elliptical and now I managed 26!!!! Go me! And two days ago I barely got a minute on the stair master but managed 4 minutes today so yeah!
  • saryann79
    Options
    My goal today was 30 minutes on the elliptical. I managed 26 minutes on ellipitical, 4 minutes on the stair master and then I kind of literally collapsed. Haha! But I guess I'm getting a day off whether I wanted it or not so that's good?

:laugh:

Right now I'm feeling very proud. Last week I could hardly do ten minutes on the elliptical and now I managed 26!!!! Go me! And two days ago I barely got a minute on the stair master but managed 4 minutes today so yeah!

Hooray!!! Congrats on your accomplishment! Be careful though - you don't want to do it until you actually collapse - that's your body telling you something, girl! I just hate that stairmaster!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nonibug and abs you are definitely in my prayers. I know that what you are dealing with is so much more than my diagnosis and I wish the best for you both. Everyone, thank you all for the support. I really do appreciate it, but if you catch me being too melodramatic feel free to kick me in my virtual bootie.

Congratulations to everyone on your successes today!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Good morning!

My goal today is (1) not to over eat today. My company is ordering us mexican food from Macayo's
    (2) do my run/walk program (3) drink enough water

Everyone have a great day!

well, I broke goal number (1) :frown: I did over eat, and it wasn't even mexican food, it was pizza, which I thought "That won't be hard to resist". However, I over looked the fact that my belly was empty and the smell of the pizza overwhelmed my nostrils which sent hunger signals to my brain telling me to eat as much pizza as I wanted. :grumble:

This binge only put me 34 cals over today. I still need dinner but I have chicken noodle soup at home which is low in calories so I won't go to far over and so, I'm not totally freaking out. :indifferent:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Had a great day worked out this morning on the elliptical for 20 mins and the treadmill for another 20. I am on track with my calories and very happy.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Amelia - what do you do on your circuit workout? Gynuwyne - when you did one, what did you do? I'm interested in trying it, but my (free) gym at work has very limited machines.

October - turning away the donuts! You get the gold star for the day! I work in a position where community resources are vying for my affection (referrals, not really affection), and they bring us food very often. I usually try to take it straight to the nurse's station, where the doctors and nurses take care of it quickly, but sometimes they have lunches that we have to go to and you never know what lunch will be. That will be a struggle for me, I'm sure. For example, one of them is bringing pizza tomorrow. One brought Chinese yesterday.

As an aside - if you are an early morning poster, feel free to start this thread without me! I am up and working out at 5 am, but I don't actually log onto a computer until I get to work and get going (after 8). And on weekends, I get to sleep in, so you may not see me until afternoon on the weekend! I don't want my schedule to stop anyone from getting the support they need!

Hey! I workout at home. Ive got a treadmill, a bar bell,dumbells,a step and other odds and ends that ive managed to pick up over the years! So far my Favorite Workouts are from Cathe Friedrich. Today I did a circuit from her called " Cardio and Weights" its about an hour long and its basically a comination of step aerobics and then some weight training! She has video clips of her workouts on her site Cathenation.com .
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Good morning!

My goal today is (1) not to over eat today. My company is ordering us mexican food from Macayo's
    (2) do my run/walk program (3) drink enough water

Everyone have a great day!

well, I broke goal number (1) :frown: I did over eat, and it wasn't even mexican food, it was pizza, which I thought "That won't be hard to resist". However, I over looked the fact that my belly was empty and the smell of the pizza overwhelmed my nostrils which sent hunger signals to my brain telling me to eat as much pizza as I wanted. :grumble:

This binge only put me 34 cals over today. I still need dinner but I have chicken noodle soup at home which is low in calories so I won't go to far over and so, I'm not totally freaking out. :indifferent:

You'll be fine....I do it all the time(lol) Pizza is my weakness:ohwell: Chicken noodle soup sounds delish for supper and like you said you won't go over too many cals!

Hey to everybody! Ive got to go make supper....I will be back in the morning! Have a good night! Oh I finished my workout this morning and burned 520, im happy with that!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I thought I was being so good...I chose the low fat black bean soup at Panera tonight. I did great on calories and fat, but I just realized I am driving 2 girlfriends from Cincinnati to Chicago tomorrow---they may not appreciate my "healthy choice">:blushing: Better go dig out the Beano! Anyways, you all have a wonderful weekend and wish me luck. I'm "going off the grid" for the first time, in Chicago no less--no computer to track my meals and 6 girlfriends to get me in trouble. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options

My favorite workout DVDs are Cathe Friedrich. She's so amazing and motivating. You can check clips of them out at www.cathe.com and she's on FitTV in the morning's if you get that channel.

I am in love with Edy's Fruit Bars (especially the creamy coconut flavor!) They are soooo good! And not TOO terrible at 120 cals.
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    the strength you ladies have is amazing, it really is awe inspiring. my daily goal is to eat more vegies. my kids are affected negatively by my food choices, because i tend to feed them more processed foods. this change is as much for them as it is for me. by the way i love anything to do with taebo:happy:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

BUSY day at work so didnt get to check in, but I posted this under success stories before I realized the thread for the Perfect 10 Buddy Club had become offical. I am so excited to be part of the group - anyway here was my earlier post to different thread... Just wanted to share my great day :laugh: For those of you who had a rougher one hope this gives you hope that it is out there and you can do it...

Today I officially went from obese to over weight as far as my bmi goes --- wooot wooot . To celebrate I went out and bout myself a hot new little black dress for a holiday reception dh and I are going to tomorrow night... and just to add icing on the cake the dress had been marked down three times AND the lady at the counter had a 15% off coupon that she let me use so the dress only cost me $31!! Oh yeah and did I mention the dress was a size 12!!! Mama is dancing in the streets tonight :)

I will post pics of me in it after tomorrow night ---- it's NOT that one I'm already pictured in for my profile right now, mama got her self another one :noway:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

BUSY day at work so didnt get to check in, but I posted this under success stories before I realized the thread for the Perfect 10 Buddy Club had become offical. I am so excited to be part of the group - anyway here was my earlier post to different thread... Just wanted to share my great day :laugh: For those of you who had a rougher one hope this gives you hope that it is out there and you can do it...

Today I officially went from obese to over weight as far as my bmi goes --- wooot wooot . To celebrate I went out and bout myself a hot new little black dress for a holiday reception dh and I are going to tomorrow night... and just to add icing on the cake the dress had been marked down three times AND the lady at the counter had a 15% off coupon that she let me use so the dress only cost me $31!! Oh yeah and did I mention the dress was a size 12!!! Mama is dancing in the streets tonight :)

I will post pics of me in it after tomorrow night ---- it's NOT that one I'm already pictured in for my profile right now, mama got her self another one :noway:

OH Neat! Congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou: :happy: