Cottage Cheese

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    tomatoes & black pepper is my favorite. Pineapple or peaches is also delicious, especiall over baby greens
  • MamaJo150
    MamaJo150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is my go to food! My fave is Knudsen 2%. I love it plain, with salad, tuna, fuit (Knudsen fruit doubles), or veggie. Mix it with spaghetti sauce for the taste of lasagna without the noodles, use as an alternative to mayo in tuna salad! The possibilities are endless! lol
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain, with fruit, or with whole wheat ritz crackers.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    with fruit and sliced almonds is my favourite but it is also good mixed in with chopped cucumber, chopped tomato, chopped onion chopped kalamata olives, chopped avocado, maybe a little feta., even some chiffonaded spinach....it is a good way to bulk up the protein in basically a greek salad!
  • Hillary_Love
    Options
    Haha not at all healthy but I use to love mine with Doritios. I would just pretend the healthiness of the cottage cheese would cancel out the bad of the Doritos. Not true but so yummy...
    I actually eat cottage cheese a lot since it is high in protein and I am a vegetarian so some other suggestions:
    A cantaloupe, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and use it as a bowl.
    Peaches and a little sprinkle of cinammon
    Inside a banana and strawberry smoothie, you can't taste it but it adds extra creaminess and protein
    Or with hot sauce, or dipping bell peppers into it. I love red bell peppers with cottage cheese
    You can make it into a omelet which is delicious too but if you are going to do that you have to strain it first which is easy just put it in a strainer and then put the strainer in a bowl in the fridge and leave it overnight.
    You can mix it up with tuna and pepper
    Or you can dip Triscuits into it, I love the cracked pepper ones.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So............ this is a little out of the ordinary but I used to have this when I was growing up.

For this concoction, I use Dreamfields pasta because I am a diabetic.

Cook some pasta and drain. While warm, add cottage cheese and chopped red onion. That's it. The cheese gets all melty and it is delicious. I'm sure you can do lots of variations with veggies also.

I know, may not be the ordinary, maybe give it a try!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love it with canned peaches, mixed with some of the juice. Yummm. I also put it on salads sometimes for a little extra protein (and I find that I don't need as much dressing that way).
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    1. Pineapple or Peaches
    2. Tomato
    3. Dash of black pepper

Okay, now I have to go get some at the store because I am out. LOL
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Craisins and some chopped honey pecans.

I tried to add banana chips but that messed the whole thing up.