Does myfitnesspal work for men?

Options
I feel that this site is tailored for women. Does myfitnesspal give different targets for each gender? How much does gender factor into weight loss?

Replies

• kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Huh?? Why do you feel this site is tailored for women?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes. . .it works. . I know plenty of extremely fit and unfit men that are on this site. . . I am sure if you seek them out you will receive a lot of great advice.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    I think it works great
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think someone just wants all the men to come out of the woodwork. hahaha.. .just kiddng.
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think someone just wants all the men to come out of the woodwork. hahaha.. .just kiddng.

Right? lol
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    There are tons of men on this site... all in progress.

I believe this site is gender neutral.

Getting fit and eating healthy is also gender neutral.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I've dropped nearly 35 lbs.... NOPE, Doesn't work for men! Try another site!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    beforeandafter-1.jpg

Yeah, it works.
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's all about the calorie count. The proof is in the results, I'm down 31lbs heading toward 35. Of course, you have to want to track everything that goes in your mouth and you have to do it it honestly. Ift's a great tool for accountability.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I am a guy and use it to keep track of sodium.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My husband uses this and it was recommended to him by a long time male friend; he lost 15 lbs. The biggest benefit he found was the eye opener it was when logging food. Lots more calories than he expected, so it helped him make different food choices and think before chowing down on something. Also, how much both of us were drinking ... probably a glass, sometimes two, of wine every night. That has stopped ... well, put the brakes on the frequency :-)
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think it works great

dude... those are some amazing legs!!! :)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I think its the little dancer logo that got him...
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Maybe it seems that way because there are a lot of women who want to lose weight...and we like to talk! :)
  • tails86
    tails86 Posts: 17
    Options
    The reason why I got that feeling is that when originally signing up, all over the home page was quotes from women. There were no input from men there. The icon for the website is a woman too. Either that or a highly flexible, thin man. I'm glad to hear that there are a lot of men here and have found that this tool works for them.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen just as many men as I've seen women on this site. Some of us women may get our husbands/boyfriends interested in it initially, but they end up sticking around for the long-run because this site isn't gender specific and is very helpful to both sexes. I'm not even much of a calorie counter, myself (mostly counting carbs), but I've found some of the other tools on this site to be a godsend.. there really is something here for everyone. Plus, everyone has been so helpful and supportive.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes.. it can work for men too. What is it about this site that screams 'women' only?
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's working for me, my dad, and 3 or 4 guys at work.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    The website is not pink! :)
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Its worked for me since Jan 2011. :-) See the ticker below: