Anyone else using slim fast?

2»

Replies

• MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    idk about the shakes but their snack bars are DELICIOUS! I eat one after I workout. 100 calls, 17 carbs and oh, oh, so goid!
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    I've been using it lately because I badly needed a kickstart. I expected it to find it awful but I've not been hungry like I expected and its very easy. I've lost 13 lb in a month on it, even with a few cheat days. I plan to lose a few more lbs then substitute one shake a day with proper food, then the other. Its not a long term solution, but its definitley helped in the short term to give me a kickstart.
  • I used Slim Fast for breakfast about 15 years ago and lost about 30 lbs. I prefer less sugar these days so use Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate shakes which do not have sugar added. If price is an issue Slim Fast is less expensive. I don't like the mess of powders so by premixed - a package of 4 Pure Protein shakes is about 8 dollars which still isn't bad (less expensive than most other options). I usually pair it with an apple for ~250 calorie mini-meal. Right now I use these for lunch when I don't have anything else prepared or am on the go.
  • It has worked for me in the past but it has been a quick solution and the weight has come back on. With me personally I try to stay clear of sweet things now because I then crave more of it the less I have the less I seem to want.

Good luck with your weight loss however you do it :)