Water or Coke? This is crazy! Must read!

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that the only thing I got out of this is that I now want to bake a ham with coke and see if it's good?
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Uh, I don't get it. Even if we assume all those things are true, which they in fact are not as previous users are pointing out, the question of 'Water or Coke?' is problematic. First off, Coke is 99% water, so you don't really have a choice, you're getting mostly water regardless. Second, why are people saying they are afraid to drink Coke after reading that? Just because it is acidic doesn't mean it is bad for you. Think people, it's obviously not as acidic as YOUR OWN STOMACH ACID, and you have that sitting in your belly 24/7.

Coke Zero is awesome. It quickly hydrates you, tastes great, and the caffeine keeps your metabolism high, which is great for burning calories.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Is it wrong that the only thing I got out of this is that I now want to bake a ham with coke and see if it's good?

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's great! Exactly what I was thinking!!!!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    The PROS of water are all the more reason to drink more water!!!

I think a lot of people, including myself, mistake thirst and dehydration with hunger and therefore eat more. Stay hydrated folks!!!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Here's a thought: Our lungs breathe out carbon dioxide as a waste product, why in the world would you drink it in soda? The only time I used Coke on a regular basis is when I was cleaning a feeding tube on patients in the nursing homes. The fuzz loosens the gunk in the tubes and prevents clogging. We all are responsible for the choices we make.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    More proof that people will belive just about anything you tell them :laugh:
    and no drinking a ton of coke is not good for you,but haveing known a few highway patrol they do not carry it around to clean up blood,but OMG OMG its on the internet so it must be true.
    Did you know that the acid in your stomach will eat through carpet?
    Ive also put a meat in coke for a science class 2 weeks later we had soggy rotten meat lol
    But for the love of all that is good stay away from the pop rocks when you drink it because your stomach will explode!!!!!!!

This is why I like you.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Eating Kool-aid powder without mixing it in water will give you worms. The only way to get rid of them is for someone to hold a pork chop outside of your open mouth and then wait for the worms to crawl out.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    My sister would rather leave her house to go to the gas station and get a bottle of coke than drink a glass of water. I'm totally forwarding this to her!!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Eating Kool-aid powder without mixing it in water will give you worms. The only way to get rid of them is for someone to hold a pork chop outside of your open mouth and then wait for the worms to crawl out.

Bhahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought: Our lungs breathe out carbon dioxide as a waste product, why in the world would you drink it in soda? The only time I used Coke on a regular basis is when I was cleaning a feeding tube on patients in the nursing homes. The fuzz loosens the gunk in the tubes and prevents clogging. We all are responsible for the choices we make.

Because it tastes good, it is hydrating, it increases your metabolism more so than water, and no one can show evidence that it is bad for you(diet soda that is).
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I will mostly drink water, but a coke now and then (with added cherry, num, num) won't hurt me. That's all bogus...lol
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Bhahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

lol - hilarious.

This list is only partially bogus though - we did the nail experiment in Chemistry class when I was in high school and it did dissolve, and I do use coke in our toilets and receive fantastic results. :-)

I still drink it occasionally though. :drinker:

Oh and I have cooked a ham in coke and it does taste fantastic. it was actually in a recipe book somewhere, my mom and I tried it years ago.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

my husband was a trucker, and you wouldn't believe the items that were considered a hazardous material that we consume or use on a regular basis as either the way it's shipped or one ingredient makes it such, just that when you have that much of the item in a 48' trailer that's loaded to full weight it becomes dangerous.

BTW - I was trying to find a list of other HAZMAT items that are shipped... and bull semen is a hazardous material as well. Therefore, male semen must be HAZARDOUS!!! :noway: I guess that means we shouldn't ingest that either....

Well there goes the weekend
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options

Oh no, I really like my Kool-aid powder! :tongue: Should that pork chop be cooked or raw?
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    this is why i drink pepsi...
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    LIVING CAUSES EVERYONE TO DIE! LIVING IS SCURRY!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That's why I love Diet Pepsi :wink:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

my husband was a trucker, and you wouldn't believe the items that were considered a hazardous material that we consume or use on a regular basis as either the way it's shipped or one ingredient makes it such, just that when you have that much of the item in a 48' trailer that's loaded to full weight it becomes dangerous.

BTW - I was trying to find a list of other HAZMAT items that are shipped... and bull semen is a hazardous material as well. Therefore, male semen must be HAZARDOUS!!! :noway: I guess that means we shouldn't ingest that either....

Well there goes the weekend

*spits out mouthful of bull semen*
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    The lists are pure rumor, I think we can all agree on that.

However, that doesn't make coke harmless by any means.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/school/cocacola021605.cfm