Water or Coke? This is crazy! Must read!

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    So an old wive's tale - the entire list is bogus.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

That list is so old, and so fake, its got an entry on snopes.com - the site that debunks internet email messages, etc.

Nice! That was pretty fun the read. I like the last bit about the highway patrol.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Is it wrong that the only thing I got out of this is that I now want to bake a ham with coke and see if it's good?

If you take a chicken and stick half a can of it up its *** and bake it, it turns into a very tasty chicken.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    So an old wive's tale - the entire list is bogus.

That list is so old, and so fake, its got an entry on snopes.com - the site that debunks internet email messages, etc.

Maybe the list is an old wive's tale, but it still doesn't make drinking liters of coke a day good for anyone!
    But spreading lies is good?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

my husband was a trucker, and you wouldn't believe the items that were considered a hazardous material that we consume or use on a regular basis as either the way it's shipped or one ingredient makes it such, just that when you have that much of the item in a 48' trailer that's loaded to full weight it becomes dangerous.

BTW - I was trying to find a list of other HAZMAT items that are shipped... and bull semen is a hazardous material as well. Therefore, male semen must be HAZARDOUS!!! :noway: I guess that means we shouldn't ingest that either....

Hahahaha! I'm so remembering that!
  • For those of you that are talking about how it is false I've done the nail one(leave a nail in a can of coke for a few days). And if you will do it too you will never touch the stuff again.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    I just thought it was amusing that amidst all those other uses for coke they included a recipe. I guess the moral of the article is... water is great for you, and coke is a damned useful product.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Our stomachs break apart food too, only we call it digestion. Most of our bodies have mechanisms for breaking down greasy things too. Oh, no! We're toxic!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    For those of you that are talking about how it is false I've done the nail one(leave a nail in a can of coke for a few days). And if you will do it too you will never touch the stuff again.

did you know the acid in your stomach will eat through carpet,wow we better find away to get that crap out of us.Also orange juice will eat through stuff to its way more acidic than coke
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Most of this is totally false.

Please read Snope's review.

• For those of you that are talking about how it is false I've done the nail one(leave a nail in a can of coke for a few days). And if you will do it too you will never touch the stuff again.

you do realize that ketchup is just as corrosive... have you stopped eating that as well?

I don't like ketchup...never really got into eating it

did you know the acid in your stomach will eat through carpet,wow we better find away to get that crap out of us.Also orange juice will eat through stuff to its way more acidic than coke

I graduated with a medical degree. I know. I was just saying that its not all false. Sorry for pointing out facts.
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    I drank coke for years (been a year without it now) and I can tell you this... I have acid reflux... I attribute it to the coke eroding my insides... it's better now... but when I was drinking coke (or any soda) I my throat and insides would burn so bad!

Glad that part of my life is over... and I hope to goodness that my bones are getting stronger!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    For those of you that are talking about how it is false I've done the nail one(leave a nail in a can of coke for a few days). And if you will do it too you will never touch the stuff again.

I graduated with a medical degree. I know. I was just saying that its not all false. Sorry for pointing out facts.

I was just pointing out that if you stop drinking coke because it will eat through a nail,there are many many other things that will do the exact same thing.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    I think the important thing is that I am no longer going to be able to enjoy the nice cold glass of bull semen that I like to start my day with.

*sigh*
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    I just thought it was amusing that amidst all those other uses for coke they included a recipe. I guess the moral of the article is... water is great for you, and coke is a damned useful product.

well, *throws up hands* might as well buy it for cleaning....
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    bump! Interesting read!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member

well, *throws up hands* might as well buy it for cleaning....

It is probably a safer cleaning material than the ones you are using in your home. Soda water will clean most things just as well too. Most restaurants will use soda water to clean up stains, anything sticky, or rusty.
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    I definitely have experienced the water-easing-joint-pain one. When I tried to start eating healthy and exercising last year, walking maybe an hour a day, my legs hurt SO much. Constantly. I was drinking maybe two cups of water a day. This year, I'm trying my dangest to get up to eight cups of water a day, and lo and behold, no pain whatsoever. Walking 1.5 hours a day. (Granted, this means I can't drink anything else, because I have to get eight cups of water, and I'm hardly ever thirsty beyond that. That's ... good, right?)
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    interesting responses....but regardless. I'm still going to have my diet coke as an occasional treat, yep it's that addicting!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    bump! Thanks for the post, sure it is a fantastic read. Must save for later!