Why do you snack?

2»

Replies

• EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    I snack at work because I have such a boring job. Sometimes I go to the shop just to get out the office for a while. I will want to eat at work when I know I'm not even hungry, yet I don't really do this at the weekends.

At least I'm getting a bit of exercise when I go to the shop!
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    I am a snacker because I am by nature a grazer. I don't really eat meals, ever...SOMETIMES dinner but not usually. I actually had to get a Drs note when I was a kid because I needed to eat during class or I would feel SUPER sick. I just don't hold much food at once so I snack all day long.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    I cant have chocolate for dinner. duh

Best answer on this thread!

I snack because I want and need to. OP, if you don't want to snack, don't. To each his own.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member

Best answer on this thread!

I snack because I want and need to. OP, if you don't want to snack, don't. To each his own.
  • i snack because i know i will eat a lot if i didn't. and i like eating. lol
    also i want to make sure my metabolism isn't like stalling in between meals!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    snacking is a frustrating battle, for me, I try to plan a few reasonable snacks throughout the day because if I don't and I get too hungry I will go and raid the fridge, and pantry, and possibly drive thru LOL. When I'm really on the wagon with my diet I can stop myself from this, but if I'm just getting started or haven't been planning, I really get myself in trouble and can't get a handle on my eating, so planned snacking, actually PLANNED eating in general is the key for me - and sticking to the plan - NO CHOICE -

The Beck Diet Solution is my diet Bible :))
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    I don't generally snack unless I'm up really late and need something in my stomach to sleep.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275

^That... and because I'm actually hungry. I don't like to eat big meals. Gassy and bloated just doesn't work for me. So, I usually get hungry every 2-3 hours. I eat when I'm hungry and try to snack on fruit and nuts.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    My family have always been "pickers." Usually, when friends & family are dinner guests, there would always be some pepperoni & cheese cut up - We're Italian, can you tell? - and put on a plate in the living room. People would pick at that when they arrived around 3:30-4pm to keep satisfied until dinner around 5:00-5:30. It's always been that way for me, so naturally snacking is something I'm used to.

Now that I've joined this site however, I say no to the platters my parents leave out & snack on things like multi-grain crackers and Laughing Cow cheese wedge spreads, almonds or yogurt. I'm really proud of my strides :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    I was never really a big snacker. I didn't raid the cupboards for candy, chips, salty snacks, little debbie cakes, etc

BUT I do snack now as part of my healthier eating plan. I snack on fruit, fresh veggies like cucumber or carrots, yogurt, nuts, protein bars, etc between meals in the morning and in the afternoon. I do this because it helps me not be hungry for meals and therefore overeat or make bad choices because I am starving. Also, I feel like I have more energy snacking on fruit and whatnot throughout the day.
  • keeps me from binging(sometimes) and keeps my metabolism going!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Sometimes snacking is just a word for a meal small in size. I'm not big on eating huge meals so I eat lots of small ones throughout the day. I also hate going to bed on an empty stomach so I usually eat something before I go to bed. That's just how I roll, no real method to the madness. If your not a "snacker" and would rather eat 3 large meals....more power to ya. Just be sure your getting your cals for the day!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    mostly boredom....
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Thanks to all you posters! :flowerforyou:
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Keeps up metabolism!