Money spent on New Clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've bought a lot of jeans from eBay and one lovely pair from a charity shop, partly to save money and partly to try different brands. I kept them all, but the (UK) size 10 skinny jeans from Miss Selfridge's are by far the best fit. I bought an amazing jacket from Etsy and reclaimed a lot of clothes I had grown out of. I bought the dress in my profile picture and other things from People Tree too (it's now half price if anyone likes it!).

I don't know how much I've spent, especially as I had 2 weight loss stretches with months in between. What I do regret though is having bought so many clothes at my higher size. I'll keep them for if I get pregnant again, but after that they'll be on their way to eBay!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    although my larger ones are too big - I'm not sure whether to sell them or to just use them in photoshoots!
    Hmm, they may just fit me...
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    although my larger ones are too big - I'm not sure whether to sell them or to just use them in photoshoots!

:bigsmile:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Maybe about $250 in the past 8 months. I'm the epitome of cheap and over 90% of my huge (over 50 skirts, 30 shirts, 2 bathing suits, 6 pairs of pants, 6 dresses) wardrobe came from thrift stores

You look SOOOO pretty.

:D 105lb lost... really encouraging, I have something like that to lose too. :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

:bigsmile:

I am so saving up for one of those! 40th birthday present, perhaps (5 years time, hopefully post baby again). Pity you don't have to reduce prices because you're bespoke...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I'd like to... but I'm still getting smaller so am trying to buy things a bit tight so they last longer.
    I'm almost completely dressed by the Vinnies (thrift shop) today - skirt and top at $5 each.
    I have spend money on new bras, undies and exercise gear though, now I need to spend some on work pants so I look respectable. Off to the Salvos I go!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I try to network with other people instead of buying new clothes.

****************Anyone here a US size 16?**********************

I have tons of jeans and work clothes I'd be happy to donate. Just message me.

One MFP just donated to me all her size14's so i didnt have to buy new clothes. Just trying to pay it forward. =)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I try to network with other people instead of buying new clothes.

****************Anyone here a US size 16?**********************

I have tons of jeans and work clothes I'd be happy to donate. Just message me.

One MFP just donated to me all her size14's so i didnt have to buy new clothes. Just trying to pay it forward. =)

I have done this as well.

I have always been a bargain shopper, so I usually get my "wear" out of clothes that I buy, and don't have any trouble donating then. There was awhile where I was dropping a size every 6-8 weeks, so I sent some of the barely worn clothes other people, with the agreement that they just pay me for the postage. I also sent a really nice suit to someone for $50. It was barely worn, but didn't lend itself well to alterations.

I also sold some of my nicer pieces on craigslist.