Victorious Vixens September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hellooo Ladies! So, here's the new thread and we'll post from here now.
A little about myself, I'm a mother of 2 little ones, a 3 yr old daughter, and a 1 yr old son. I've been married for 6 years, and the weight I have to lose I cannot claim as baby fat any more, lol, I'm almost 10 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight w/my daughter. Which is great, but I do have a bit more to go bc I was not so healthy then either. I have 21 lbs to go, and am psyched to step it up with such an awesome group!
Other tid-bits, I love to cook, but also love to eat my creations :P And I love running, ran track in HS, but haven't been very fit for the last several years. I run on my treadmill now for abt 2 miles a few times/wk (it's what I can fit in during naptime, while still keeping a clean home), but I could be more consistent w/doing it every day, and I'd like to change up what I do for excercise as well! ok, well it's late, so g2g. Post some abt yourself too and we'll all keep in touch!!

Replies

• CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Candice. I have 1 daughter, Audrey. I have been married for 7 yrs. I work at the YMCA so there is no reason why I shouldn't be at the gym everyday. I weighted 85lbs at 19, got pregnant at 20, weighing about 125. Got back down to 110. Went thur 8 rounds of fertility treatments last year gaining about 20lbs. I steadily gained weight after my daughter and eventually topping out at 136. And for a girl thats 4 ft 11inches with a small frame, thats signifigant. I started MFP with some girlfriends in Feb. Lost about 15 lbs gaining 5 back on vacation and lost 3 of those last week.
    I'm really excited to start in a new group. I want to push myself as hard as I can. My goal is to be at 110 Oct 15th for my husbands reenlistment ceremony, 8 yrs in the Navy. Ultimately I want between 100-105.
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hellooo Ladies! So, here's the new thread and we'll post from here now.
    A little about myself, I'm a mother of 2 little ones, a 3 yr old daughter, and a 1 yr old son. I've been married for 6 years, and the weight I have to lose I cannot claim as baby fat any more, lol, I'm almost 10 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight w/my daughter. Which is great, but I do have a bit more to go bc I was not so healthy then either. I have 21 lbs to go, and am psyched to step it up with such an awesome group!
    Other tid-bits, I love to cook, but also love to eat my creations :P And I love running, ran track in HS, but haven't been very fit for the last several years. I run on my treadmill now for abt 2 miles a few times/wk (it's what I can fit in during naptime, while still keeping a clean home), but I could be more consistent w/doing it every day, and I'd like to change up what I do for excercise as well! ok, well it's late, so g2g. Post some abt yourself too and we'll all keep in touch!!

love the name ;)
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hi. I am a mom to 6 and just trying to make healthier choices and keep my butt off of the scale every ten minutes :)

I have joined a few challenges to lose weight, but found that my focus had changed from being pals with the scale to being pals with fitness and healthier choices. These challenges keep me motivated and keep my eyes on the larger picture... choosing to be healthy now and in the future. The choices I make today will definitely define my tomorrow.

So, here I am... ready to dive in and see what I am made of :)

Glad to be a part of this challenge!

:)
  • change_happens
    Options
    how do i get the badge in my signature :)
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    sepia-blue-silhouette-girl-stretching-leginfront-ocean-sunrise1-3-3.jpg

Sorry, I'd posted it on the last thread, so here it is too. Copy and past the above to your signature (a tab at top of this page), ***changing the IMG to lower case. Have a good day everyone!
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone :) Im Kim. I live just outside of Vancouver BC. Im 43 and have a 13 year old son. Ive been on MFP for a while now and have mananged to lose 10 lbs, but have lost my motivation to lose another 20. Thought that maybe being part of a group would make me more accountable for what I am doing if others are counting on me to do my part. I was only 10 lbs above my prepregnancy weight for many years after my son was born, but ended up in a really bad alcoholic relationship for about 4 years, and started drinking too much myself and as a result gain 25 lbs. I've managed to kick the BF to the curb 5 years ago and struggled getting the drinking under control. Realized it wasnt to booze I craved but the sugar that was in them. Now finally I can say that I dont drink at all. YAY ME!!!!

Im really excited to start this challenge and lose more lbs in the meantime. I have an amazing man in my life that is supportive beyond belief, and is doing this with me. So bring it on :)

To to all my new MFP friends...have a great day and remember...we can do this :) Cheers
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    just checking to see if my signature changed
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yay it worked! great job on the banner! I'm so excited about this challenge, I've been with MFP since the first of the year and lost enough weight to feel pretty good about myself, then I kinda lost my motivation and have been eating too much the past couple of months, sooo this is just what I needed! I can't believe how fast it filled up, I feel really lucky to get in on it and I won't let you guys down. Big hugs to my new friends! :smile:
  • change_happens
    Options
    Can't get the signatue/badge to work. Help :-)
  • swillis21
    Options
    set the IMG at the beinning and end to lowercase, it's tricky, but otherwise when I post what to copy it just puts it as a picture.
  • maroon98
    maroon98 Posts: 121
    Options
    Bump.

Working on getting the banner to work for me...

Cheers!

Kim
  • change_happens
    Options
    hi. should i be posting my minutes here? doesn't seem like very much action here :)
  • change_happens
    Options
    my sig worked :)
  • swillis21
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

So, we won't be starting challenges until September, but are just getting to know each other and form our group :D

I haven't done challenges w/Gary6030 before, but it looks like maroon98 is doing August and kjjm08 maybe too, so maybe they can share what it's like ;)

And lastly don't forget to introduce yourself if you haven't already!
    Also, it would be fun to share...
    what are your short and long-term fitness goals?
    what are your biggest challenges?

My short term goals: To run 2 miles 5-6 days/week, to not eat after 9pm (I'm a night person), and to make healthy food choices
    My long term goal: To run 3 miles/workout, and to reach my goal weight by the end of the year!
    My biggest challenge: Finding the energy to run after I've put the kiddos down for nap and doing it before I get everything else done!
  • maroon98
    Options
    There was a question about the challenges that are currently happening in the August challenge.

Gary has a three pronged approach (and sometimes a four pronged approach!)

"Prong 1": One point for doing all of the below. I think it's per member, an extra 5 points to the entire team if EVERYONE on the team meets all of the requirements of "Prong 1" EVERYDAY
    Meet but do not exceed your daily calorie goals, as determined by MFP.
    Drink 64 oz water
    Do your daily exercise....this is the exercise routine that is set by you. For example, if you decide to exercise M-W-F then you commit to keeping to that schedule. There is always the question of whether you eat back your exercise calories...it's up to you....but do not exceed your calorie goal.

"Prong 2": Daily exercise Challenges. These are IN ADDITION to your regular exercise routine. The following list is this week's daily challenges from Gary current August challenge. If EVERYONE on the team does ALL of the DAILY challenges, then the entire team is awarded an extra 5 points at the end of the week.

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!
    This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout
    routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact
    your team captain for ideas.
    Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

"Prong 3": Additional Weekly Team Challenge. Gary raises the bar by throwing down an ADDITIONAL weekly challenge. This week's challenge is below, to provide an example.

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need
    each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

At first I thought the additional challenges were a bit intimidating, but I've found them to be completely doable...

HTH!

Kim (maroon98)
  • maroon98
    Options
    About me:
    I live in NC and my goal is to really cement healthy living habits. There's a big history of diabetes in my family and my father passed away too young due to complications from diabetes.

I want to lose 5 lbs-ish....I am very close to my weight goal which is great but also means that my progress is incremental : )

I am participating in the August Challenge that is being run by Gary...and it's really, really helped me keep on track every single day! I used to "cheat" and sneak in a mac and cheese or a burger once a week...and then I really saw how much it was costing me, calorie-wise (and also the extra time exercising those calories away!).

I am so glad that Gary and our team captain are going to be doing a September challenge...I enjoy having the support (and peer pressure) of sticking to daily goals! And I am seeing changes in my body!

Cheers,
    Kim (maroon98)
  • swillis21
    Options
    Thank you maroon98 for the great info. Now, for the part I don't know how to say, but... I'm starting to think that it's really not a good fit for me to do this guys, I am SOOO sorry. I was really excited to try to get into a group, and when they filled up I figured I'd just start my own. I had looked at the threads and had gathered the "Prong 1" and "Prong 3" parts, (did not know about the 3 prong approach he had) and hence did not know how extensive the whole thing is. My life is pretty close to what I can personally handle right now, and I only have time for 30-45 min to workout/day. So, instead of failing later next month as your leader, I think it's best I pull out. If anyone else is up for it though, feel free of course to head the group! Or invite ppl to your own I guess. :/ Let me know your thoughts guys, and I can pass what's decided onto Gary. Again, I am SO SORRY. I feel awful, but need to realize my limits at this point w/my personal life, and did not fully understand the commitment.
    Sincerely,
    swillis
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi swillis,
    I hear you about the time committment. I am not the team captain for my August team so I have no idea what the responsbilities are. However, I am going to check in with her and see what it's all about. If I feel it's doable, I'm happy to be team captain. To everyone speed-reading through this post, I have NOT yet committed to being captain...I will give an update in 1-2 days when I have more info....

Gary's challenge is helping me tremendously and I would love to "pay it forward", time permitting.

Kim (maroon98)
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    I checked in with Gary and a current team captain for the August challenge...and the responsibilities for captaincy sound doable. So I'll be ya'lls captain. those of you who are listed on our banner...are you still in?

Cheers,
    Kim
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be team captain, I just have no experience doing challenges. I'm really excited to participate in my first challenge. Thanks Maroon98 for your response and I hope you can be team captain. Thank you swillis21 for starting the group and I hope that you can still participate in the challenge.