Victorious Vixens September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• maroon98
    maroon98 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi change_happens, yes , I am the new captain. It's going tobe a great challenge! So glad you are on the team!
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    so did I get bumped out of this group or something? I was in the first list - but this second list I seem to be missing from ...
  • kdoak87
    kdoak87 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Victorious Vixens!

We have our team!

They are ( in no particular order):

1. kdoak87
    2. Mios3
    3. Mrivera713
    4.realrayne10
    5.jkmcgee
    6.sknopps
    7. Pammie1000
    8.CNparker
    9.change-happens
    10. maroon98, Team Captain

I'm on the August challenge and it's been great! There were things I wasn't sure about before but I can totally do them now! We are going to be the Victorious Vixens!!!

Is someone making a new banner to include these people in? And who is ready to get tribal in september!
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good Question! I sent our Captain a message, I hope to hear something soon, or I'll be joining a different group, not trying to be a b*tch, but I NEED this challenge to get back on track, and I can't stay motivated if our captain isn't :angry:
  • maroon98
    Options
    so did I get bumped out of this group or something? I was in the first list - but this second list I seem to be missing from ...

Hi tigers moon diva, somehow I missed your original message. You are NOT bumped from the tram...that was my mistake. So we'll have 11 members, no matter what I have to do to make it work!
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi gang,
    In response to the questions...I have PM'd Gary four times with our team name, roster, etc....I have yet to hear anything from him. I even posted on the captain's board with my concerns but again, I haven't heard anything from him. This is a huge undertaking for him, with at least 600 participants, so I am trying to use patience with his response time....

I posted to the captain's board asking them what they've heardfrom Gary. As of Saturday, one of the other captains posted the information she had received from Gary, I reposted that information to this thread. I believe it's on page one of this thread--it's information about the rules and such.

As for the graphic...I had to make up a new graphic since I couldn't change the text on the previous graphic...I really loved the previous graphic but we needed one with the up to date team members. I am having significant issues with getting the graphic to work as a signature...if anyone has any tips on that, I would be very appreciative.

One last note from me...I have limited access to the Internet at my job so I will typically respond to queries and emails in the evenings.

Cheers,
    Kim
  • maroon98
    Options
    The following information is "fresh" from the Captain's thread (literally. This was posted like 5 minutes ago on the Captain's thread).

PLEASE remember that the challenge does not start until September 1. If you want to get a head start, by all means do so, but we don't start keeping points until Sept. 1.

ALSO, please with post or PM me with your starting weight so I can start keeping track.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. (gary is supposed to post youtube videos tomorrow)

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I (Gary) will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

______

So, I'm sure you're wondering which set of exercises you're supposed to be doing? Whichever ones you are comfortable with! It's "either- or"--doing both sets is not expected! If you start with the "advanced" series and switch to the "basic" series....that is totally fine and you will certainly get credit for completing the daily exercise challenge. We don't want to you to get any injuries.

How to check in on the thread:
    Please include the following:

1) Date
    2) Did you meet or stay under your MFP calorie goal? (yes or no is fine). It is up to you whether you "eat back" your exercise calories. Each body is different.
    3) Did you drink at least 64 oz of water? (yes or no is fine)
    4) Did you complete the daily exercise challenge? (yes or no is fine. Fist pumps totally allowed : ) ) PLEASE remember that this is in addition to your REGULAR exercise regimen.

Feel free to post any questions or concerns.

VV rules!!

Cheers,
    Kim
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    so excited for this!!
  • karenzephyr
    Options
    Hi Vixens- I messaged Gary yest to see if he had and open groups- mentioned that I had heard of him from the Victorious Vixens. He asked me to ask you to message him again as he did not seem to have you listed. Good luck!
  • karenzephyr
    Options
    I read a little back and saw that you are having a hard time reaching him. I sent him a message and got an immediate response. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.
  • maroon98
    Options
    I read a little back and saw that you are having a hard time reaching him. I sent him a message and got an immediate response. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Hi karenzephyr, and the VV's:
    Thanks so much for your help! Gary PM'ed this afternoon and I just sent a PM and an external email to him. I hope that you make it onto a team!!

Everyone: I will give an update as soon as I know Gary has our team registered,

I am still working on getting the banner to work. I have the graphic but I just can't get it to work as a signature...any suggestions?

Cheers!
    maroon98
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    Since September starts in the middle of the week, Gary sent out a modified schedule to accommodate the "short" week.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. gary will post more youtube videos tomorrow.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! Gary will post more youtube videos soon.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Go Victorious Vixens! We are going to ROCK September!!
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    Victorious Vixens..... Are you ready to GO TRIBAL!!!!!

I think we are supposed to report our starting weight..... mine is 146 today
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am READY!
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi gang,
    Due to an error on my part, we have 11 team members instead of ten. I discussed this with Gary and he wrote that the Excel spreadsheets are specifically configured for ten team members only---he was quite firm about it (in a nice way!). He explained that there are very specific formulas built into the point-keeping system on the Excell spreadsheets and it would be quite difficult for him to adjust it for an 11-person team.

So...I need a volunteer to switch teams...Gary said he would make sure the volunteer would get placed with a team.

I apologize...and I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kim
  • maroon98
    Options
    We are going TRIBALLLLL tomorrow! Woohoo!! I am so excited. We have a GREAT TEAM and we are going to KICK BUTT!!! VICTORIOUS VIXENS are on the move!!

Pammie1000 is correct...I need everyone's starting weights.

Mine is 104.

RAWR.
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!! Good luck everybody.
  • maroon98
    Options
    GANG--WE HAVE A WORKING BANNER!!!!! (I am totally doing a fist pump right now).

Here is the code...you need to change the IMG to lowercase at the beginning and the end.

Victorious%252520vixens.jpg

To add the signature, click on the "Signature" tab at the top of the forums and cut and paste the code, remember to change the IMG to all lowercase.

RAWRRRRR!!!!!!
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    woo hoo! i weighed in this morning at 237.4. no change in *3* weeks. ugh! ready to kick some *kitten*!!!
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    RAWWWRRRRR Go Victorious Vixens! Great Job on the Banner Kim!:drinker: