Eggs every day?

Options
13»

Replies

• ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has no effect on your blood serum cholesterol. Eat as many whole eggs as you want as long as it fits within your daily calorie intake.

This. My usual breakfast is 3 scrambled eggs (whole egg) plus cheddar cheese. :smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have 3 or 4 a day
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every day.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I scramble 3 eggs with some lean meat, veggies, and just a little cheese for breakfast every morning. Takes all of 3 minutes to prepare. I figure, even if it does raise my cholesterol a little, it's WAY less harmful than going out and grabbing a fast food breakfast, which is the other alternative because I'm on a tight schedule in the mornings.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    http://nutrition.about.com/od/askyournutritionist/f/eggs_protein.htm
    FTA: "As you can see, eggs contain a lot of good nutrition. One egg has about 80 calories with more than five grams of fat, so keep that in mind if you need to watch your fat and calorie intake. One egg each day is good, but eating three or four eggs every day may add too much fat."

Its not the cholesterol that they are worried about as not all the cholesterol you eat goes into your bloodstream but the high fat intake. However if you are exercising regularly and your cutting fat out of your diet in other places eating the 3-6 eggs a day is no big deal. Remember lots of these articles are based on studies of normal Americans Most of whom aren't eating right and aren't exercising daily.
  • skinnylaura88
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs. I think unless you have high cholesterol it doesn't matter much. The yolks have healthy fats. If you have issues with cholesterol your doc will likely tell you to watch your egg consumption.

me too!!
    but the yolks increase the good cholesterol, not the bad!
    eggs are the best protein in the world! next to the mother's milk!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has no effect on your blood serum cholesterol. Eat as many whole eggs as you want as long as it fits within your daily calorie intake.

^^^this
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Didnt rocky or someone DRINK raw eggs? This person was training ....couldnt have been bad for you, well eggs in general i mean...not to have raw eggs. I love eggs. Cant live without them.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 full eggs most days. Keeps me full much longer than cereal and keeps my protein and carbs where I want them to be. Pretty sure all the "eggs are bad" stuff has been disproven. Cholesterol and even saturated fat are no longer eveil.

Transfat is the boogie we've been looking for. Deep fried in vegetable oil = bad. Sat fat = is fine esp coconut oil.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I usually have two eggs for breakfast every morning and around once a week or so I'll make a fritatta or a quiche or some kind of scrambled egg dish of some kind for dinner - if there are leftovers they'll go with me the next day for lunch. I have had high cholesterol for the past ten years and my most recent physical was after I started the egg increase and my cholesterol and triglycerides are the lowest they've been in ten years.

I really like scrambling some grilled chicken in with my eggs. It's like the whole chicken life cycle in every bite.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I usually have two eggs for breakfast every morning and around once a week or so I'll make a fritatta or a quiche or some kind of scrambled egg dish of some kind for dinner - if there are leftovers they'll go with me the next day for lunch. I have had high cholesterol for the past ten years and my most recent physical was after I started the egg increase and my cholesterol and triglycerides are the lowest they've been in ten years.

I really like scrambling some grilled chicken in with my eggs. It's like the whole chicken life cycle in every bite.

turns out cutting fat kills your "good cholesterol" which in turn enables the others to climb.
  • paulathoren
    Options
    I keep a bowl of hard boiled eggs in my fridge and they are my "go to" snack about twice a day. Love them!! ....as does my husband.

I THINK they decided that unless you have really high cholesteral the benefits of eggs are enormous - and they keep me feeling full longer.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny that about the time that doctors started telling people not to eat so many eggs, the overall health in America started declining?
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I wonder if that was due to a shortage? When I grew up, healthy was, what we had plenty off. The years that we had lots of eggs, eggs were the best you can have and the year after they could be the worst ever... simply because the production was low... one never knows ^^
    In general, why would eggs be bad for you unless you are allergic. Rather an egg than synthetic stuff lol