Now I get it!!! those dang cups with the straws......

2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,301 Member
    Thanks cmeiverside! I have limited access at work and can't post pics or links. I just got a cheap one at walmart--but may have to invest in a Tervis!! thanks!

You're welcome! I went through many plastic cups that were inexpensive before I latched onto Tervis. They are expensive-ish. But the cheapies crack and chip and scratch - the Tervis do not. I've used mine daily, dropped them, and sent them through the dishwasher daily for over five years. Well worth the extra expense. They still look brand new.

You can purchase the lids and straws that fit them on the site, too.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    I LOVE mine! I put my iced coffee in it when I go to work and then I fill it with water 2-3 times (I only work 5 hour shifts). The straw is awesome bc it doesn't take as much "effort" to drink lol

plus some are very cute with patterns! mine is just a boring Wawa one that my fiance bought me when I realized I'd left my other one at my parents house but they sell them everywhere now.. they are AWESOME! :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Ok, I feel left out now. I drink Ozarka 33.8 flz oz bottles and just refill.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    If you go to Tervis.com you can customize the cups! I got my guys family some with their names and the emblem of their favorite NFL, NHL, MLB team on them. The decoration is on the INSIDE of the insulated cup so it doesn't scratch or peel off. They are also guaranteed for life! If it becomes unsealed just send it back and they send you a new one. They have multiple sizes, and even coffee cups! I got the lids for them, but not the straws. I found that the thick plastic straws are difficult to keep clean so I bought a bag of el cheapo bendy straws that work just fine...and I can just throw those away and get a fresh one. The only drawback is that they are not dishwasher safe (the hot dry cycle), and if you put them in the dishwasher the seal can break and then they won't replace them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,301 Member
    The only drawback is that they are not dishwasher safe (the hot dry cycle), and if you put them in the dishwasher the seal can break and then they won't replace them.

Good to know! I've had Tervis for years, and I do send mine through the dishwasher....but I have my dishwasher set to "air dry".

I didn't know they would lose their seal :huh:

Even hot coffee doesn't affect them.