The Miss Fits [Closed Group]

Options

Replies

• rankailie
    Options
    Hey guys, just got back from Mexico so I should be back to logging and regular exercise tomorrow. Looking forward to doing the challenges for next week.

Currently wasted with a hardcore sunburn thanks to snorkeling.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just got back from Mexico so I should be back to logging and regular exercise tomorrow. Looking forward to doing the challenges for next week.

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip!
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    ugh i hate internet failures! sorry ladies for not being around...have had internet malfunctions and pretty much a bad week in general- but im up and running and ready to do this...so what is next? im a little lost now so just wondering what to do when?
  • rankailie
    Options

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip!

It was an amazing trip, probably try to post some pictures later this week. Even climbed to the top of a Mayan temple.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    Where do we find the challenges for week two?
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/ This is where Gary posts the challenges and links for exercises :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    thanks for posting the info!
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    so what do u girls suggest for the 1.5 mile walk/run/jog when its raining outside, cant go to the gym, and i have no treadmill???
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    If you can buy the Biggest Looser Power DVD. It features Bob and is great for walking indoors. They have it at Walmart and Target
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bmoviemama, you are a life saver, thanks for posting. have i mentioned that you are a life saver? sorry ladies! i had aunts, uncles, and cousins in town and i completely forgot to post the challenges today. did i mention how amazing our teammates are? also, welcome back Ran, glad to hear the trip was good :)
  • rankailie
    Options
    Man crunches are brutal on an upset stomach, made it through today's exercises and had a light on steps day (final recovery from vacation day and still have a bit of an upset stomach). 9913 steps, 4.56 miles total.

I was crying for mercy though with the split squats, my muscles above my knees are still hurting from climbing up the Mayan temple. But I got though them!

Now got a shower and sleep. Hope everyone else had good luck with their exercises.
  • rankailie
    Options
    Hey guys, just want to apologize but I'm going to completely miss a day. Been sick most of the day unable to really eat or keep what I am eating down. Hoping its just a 24 hour bug but I feel wretched and with not having food I'm not sure I want to try and exercise on top of that.
  • unluckyIrish
    Options
    It's ok! I'm not going to begrudge you a sick day. I hope you feel better. Keep us posted.

Karen
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just want to apologize but I'm going to completely miss a day. Been sick most of the day unable to really eat or keep what I am eating down. Hoping its just a 24 hour bug but I feel wretched and with not having food I'm not sure I want to try and exercise on top of that.

I am having a rough week as well. Severe pms with nausea and vomitting. Hate feeling like this and can't wait to get back to excercise soon!
  • unluckyIrish
    Options
    Hello Miss Fits. I had a quick request, if you don't mind, could you please freind request thinkthindiva? She is my (extremely close to my age) aunt and is looking for some more support on her weight loss/get healthy journey. She was inspired by all of my glowing reports about how supportive and great the MFP community is and she decided to join. I'm hoping her experience with the site is as wonderful as mine! Since this team is so wonderful an supportive, I thought I'd send a message to all of you ladies here :)

Also, are those of us who can going strong this week??? I hope so! I'm going to head out to the gym tonight to get my swim on!
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    weeks been really good for me so far...thankfully no sickness...all days done and done! only a few more till sunday!
  • rankailie
    Options
    I'm still feeling a bit under the weather but I'm finally eating right again, after sleeping all day >_>

I should be able to get in most of my challenge exercises today and some walking in tonight. I'm thinking I just had a relapse of the food poisoning I got while I was in Mexico.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    I'm still feeling a bit under the weather but I'm finally eating right again, after sleeping all day >_>

I should be able to get in most of my challenge exercises today and some walking in tonight. I'm thinking I just had a relapse of the food poisoning I got while I was in Mexico.

Hope you start feeling better soon! Never fun to be sick!!!

I spent part of sunday sick and all of monday. Tuesday was spent dealing with a stressful volunteer position for PTA. I'm hoping with TOM that's the reason I gained last week. I feel so much better and back on track. We leave Sept 23rd for vacation but planning on working out on vacation. Only speed bump in the road for me is hubby found out at work today he's going to Indiana next week for work. Pros - I always kick butt with calories and working out when he's gone. Cons - I'll be over stressed with soccer, cross country practices, girl scouts, church, part time job, daycare, and getting things ready to leave the following week for vacation. Going to make some excel sheets so I can mark things off so it'll help me stay on track. It worked last week I just didn't see a scale lose just a gain! Half Marathon October 1st....looking forward to it! I enjoy posting on facebook during the races friend's comments keep me moving! Just hope my running shoes can make it till then they seem to be giving out but I don't want to get new shoes just before a race.

Hope everyone is having a good week! I've heard lots of great comments about food diaries and trips to the gym! Congrats everyone on your hard work!
  • unluckyIrish
    Options
    Pygmy Series

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

Bushman Series:

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!