MAKE UP AT THE GYM!!???

Options
124»

Replies

• JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The first step towards NOT being a fat-girl anymore is to lose your fat-girl attitude. Stop being insecure of others that look better than you do and work toward making improvements in yourself and build confidence. REAL CONFIDENCE. Not false confidence because all your fat friends shoot the *kitten* with you about all them "skinny b!tches" you all hate. The end.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm very confident in my looks - always have been. I just like to look my best at all times - even when I'm at the gym at 6 o'clock in the morning doing boot camp, or going out for a 20 mile training run. Same reason why I like to wear cute workout clothes. And I work out as hard as anyone.

Very well said - this is me too. I don't think wearing makeup has anything to do with a bad self esteem.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to the gym - not a full face, but powder, mascara, and tinted chapstick. I don't go out of the house without it. I wear makeup when I go running too.

I'm not talking light makeup I mean full on going out for a night on the town make up, false eye lashes ect.

Ooooh I know that type!! They usually freak out when they weigh more than 115lbs lol

Hey now, there is such thing as being skinny fat....I was like that. I don't go to a gym so the whole makeup thing is like whatever...but I did wear tinted sunscreen for a run I did.
  • Dyna18
    Dyna18 Posts: 17
    Options
    each to their own!! For some the gym is a social place, others are there to sweat it out. Some wear makeup, stylin it to the 9's, others not so much. Everyone has a different schedule, outlook, reason to be there. We can't read what is in others minds, why they do what they do, ... we have no idea what is happening in each strangers lives ..
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The first step towards NOT being a fat-girl anymore is to lose your fat-girl attitude. Stop being insecure of others that look better than you do and work toward making improvements in yourself and build confidence. REAL CONFIDENCE. Not false confidence because all your fat friends shoot the *kitten* with you about all them "skinny b!tches" you all hate. The end.

Thank you! You put it in a more "politically correct" way than I would of...cuz I'm one of the "skinny b1tches" everyone loves to hate...but what most don't see is that just because I'm "thin" doesn't mean my cholesterol isn't through the roof!
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Options
    Ok...This is sensitive to me because right after work I go straight to the gym. I have to look decent here at work so make is totally required. So I am excused from the whole make-up dissing :P

Same here! Amazing noone thought of that before they let it bother them so much.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    You know, I used to be the type of woman that couldn't leave the house without makeup. I'm not like that anymore, but I don't think it's fair to judge. For some woman, just getting into a gym is so stressful because they are insecure, and if wearing all that makeup makes them feel better, so be it. If they are just there to get hit on, so be it.

Personally, if I have make up on, I wash it off before I go to the gym because otherwise it will be running down my face since I sweat so much.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    bahahaha. omg these ladies drive me nuts and the women who get on a treadmill or elliptical with a dam coffee!

I dont care about makeup or not but the coffee sounds like a dang good idea!! :D
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have to go out do errands before the gym on Saturdays but if not then no make up.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ever since this thread ive been wearing make up to the gym
  • Kaycurrier
    Kaycurrier Posts: 231
    Options
    Well everyone is different. Maybe they are wearing makeup because they go to work right after? I am not for or aginst it. I definently do not think that only teeny tiny girls do it either, I have a lot of weight to lose and sometimes I do wear makeup while working out, although i usually wash it off if I have time because it is horrible for your skin. I did see this one girl wearing falsies and her lashes were falling off, but it didn't bother me. If they are anything like me, a mom who is tired and worn out, maybe they just wear it to look alive lol. I do believe there are extremes but it really doesn't bother me personally.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to wear full on goth make up to the gym

I know, right? Don't tell me something bugs you because I will make sure to do it frequently just to piss you off! ha ha ha!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    why let it get to you?Does it impact your workout in anyway?They pay to be there just like you if they want to go in make up who cares. I see it sometimes and it does not bother me in the least.
    This. Too many females snipe at each other, do we need to add another petty thing like this to the list?
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I see mostly older women with heavy, not applied well make up at the gym. I take some make up removing wipes if I'm going to work out right after being somewhere so I can take it off.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ha ha I'm kinda older (than you, anyway). But I think I do a nice job with my makeup. :laugh: