Countdown to the New Year Challenge

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I did terrible with water today - I was driving all day and I had coffee and soda - only about 8 oz - I am going to drink 16 more now I am really struggling with chaos of life and getting time for water.

I received more weigh ins so I'll add them later - gotta go for now....
  • unless your urine becomes as clear as the water you are drinking, you're doing just fine!

Go us, go us. woot!

What colour is urine meant to be?
    x
  • chrissyh
    unless your urine becomes as clear as the water you are drinking, you're doing just fine!

Go us, go us. woot!

x

That's a good question--I think the clearer the better????
  • :grumble: I don't like water...
    There are some days that I don't drink any water :drinker: at all. It make me sick.
    But I heard that if I want to have a baby I need to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.:sick:
    I know I am bad... :blushing:
    I should start slowly but shorly
    Well done everybody
    Felixa

p.s.: When is the next check out?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    unless your urine becomes as clear as the water you are drinking, you're doing just fine!

Go us, go us. woot!

x

Well it should be clear. The darker it is the more dehydrated you are. The more water you drink the lighter it will become.

I took some pills once to help with water retention before prom (like 100 years ago) and they turned my pee Green! It was from the coloring they added to the pills (they were blue). We're not talking a hint of green either. It was green green. no question about it.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    It should be pale yellow. If it's completely colorless, you might have a problem. Urine isn't supposed to be pure water. It's supposed to carry away urea - the by-products of protein metabolism - which give it its color.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member

Go us, go us. woot!

x

Well it should be clear. The darker it is the more dehydrated you are. The more water you drink the lighter it will become.

I took some pills once to help with water retention before prom (like 100 years ago) and they turned my pee Green! It was from the coloring they added to the pills (they were blue). We're not talking a hint of green either. It was green green. no question about it.

It should be clearer the more hydrated you are, except when you first get up in the morning. It's not necessarily that you're dehydrated (although it does happen somewhat, as we're not drinking while we sleep) but it's always a little darker because you're expelling "leftover" stuff from the day before, like unused vitamins, minerals, etc. And that's why you're supposed to get your vitamins and minerals everyday: because you don't keep the ones you had yesterday! (And btw, green urine? YUCK!)

On a different note, I have no idea how I've lost another 2lbs in the last couple days, since my journal says I keep going over my calories. Maybe I'm under-counting my exercise? I'm struggling through snow and ice, uphill, on my way to campus every day, and I've added extra minutes on the journal to try and add in the factor of snow, but maybe I'm burning more than I think??
  • chrissyh
    Good Morning Everyone! It's a rainy day here in NC!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Good Morning Everyone! It's a rainy day here in NC!
    Yep, yucky here on my side of NC, too!! and has been for 3 days now. Finally have nice temps so the baby and I could walk together... but it's been too WET!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Good morning all,

It is rainy and yucky here in CT as well. We are hearing that the temperatures will be decreasing and it may all turn to ice, so I guess I shouldn't complain about the rain.

I don't like ice...:grumble: :grumble:

Going into the day with positive thoughts and cautious about picking good foods at the pot luck today.. Bad time of year to try to eat (and drink well), but I am determined..

When is weigh in for this challenge? I am due for my weigh in today - yes, after the pot luck.. :noway: :noway:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Good morning ya'll thought I would just say it is raining here also in Tn. 60 percent chance of snow and it never snows here so when they call for it everyone runs to the store and buys all the bread and milk and they call schools out before they even know whats its gonna do.
  • chrissyh
    I want snow!!!!!!! I love it!

We are protected by the mountains around us and if we get winter weather it's usually ice here too - that's no fun!

Let it Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!!!

There's the issue of no bread and milk at grocery stores here when it snows too and it NEVER fails that I need them both! Maybe if I don't buy any - it will snow....

JanieBeth - I have found if I drink 16 oz of water before going to a buffet or pot luck I eat a ton less because I am not hungry. Good luck-you can do it!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I'll be going home to MS in a little over a week, I'll see if I can coax any of this CO snow down to y'all.
  • renae5
    I want snow!!! I know I should be happy, I get to live atthe beach!! But the beach is no good for me if it is less that 75 degrees and sunny. Of course today has to be 60 degrees and rainy - just warm enough to want to be outside and rainy enough to screw it up!! So if I can't be in my pool or on my beach... then I want SNOW for Christmas!!!!!
  • chrissyh
    SNOW.......Here's the address...

over the mountain, thru the wood to NC we go....

I love the beach too - too bad we can't have it all!
  • renae5
    YEA!! Just send it attn: all the way across the state, please!!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Well everyone I had just posted on our first challenge message board until Chrissy sent me the link to this one, thanks Chrissy!

I just wanted to let everyone know that this morning I hit 198.6!!!!! I've lost 6.6lbs of the 10 so only have 3.4 to go! The way Im going I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I'll lose 15lbs this month!

Good Luck Everyone :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    YEA!! Just send it attn: all the way across the state, please!!

but then I'd have to share......hhmmmm
  • chrissyh
    Well everyone I had just posted on our first challenge message board until Chrissy sent me the link to this one, thanks Chrissy!

I just wanted to let everyone know that this morning I hit 198.6!!!!! I've lost 6.6lbs of the 10 so only have 3.4 to go! The way Im going I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I'll lose 15lbs this month!

Good Luck Everyone :drinker:

You are doing fantastic - I think I'll go drink some water in your honor!:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    As I guzzled down 16 oz of water in honor of our pal Sweettarts success, I decided - today I will drink 96 oz of water!!!! I've been slack drinking water recently so that's my self-challenge for today!!!
This discussion has been closed.