Remembering the 80's

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    I definitely remember some of that stuff and I was born in 88! I guess I actually remember the reruns of some stuff lol

Those were the days :tongue:
  • :laugh: Ohhhhh my,
    That is so funny... I cannot believe, for a moment felt going back. It is so funy...
    I use to wear my hair like that and feel very proud of it... the tallest the better... funny

40. your hair looked like this for at least 1 school picture!
  • What about the walkmans
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    My husband still says "Dude" all the time... That needs to be added!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I'm only 21 and I checked of every single one of those haha.
  • how bout those care bears?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    how bout those care bears?

Loved the care bears..rainbow brite...and we can't leave out She-ra!!! She kicked *kitten*!:bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    My husband still says "Dude" all the time... That needs to be added!

You said "Dude" Oh, My, Gd. Like gag me with a spoon.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    How about.....moated!!!
    You got moated...
    not sure how to spell it but we always said that....
    Oh and LA Gears with the multi colored scrunchie socks....
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Mr. T

Strawberry shortcake (the first time)
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    My Little Ponies. :bigsmile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Thank you! I really needed a good flashback/laugh today. I had a really, really bad day...long terrible story...

anyway...what the heck is MASH? That is the ONLY thing I don't remember.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Thank you! I really needed a good flashback/laugh today. I had a really, really bad day...long terrible story...

I never heard of it until today...Shannon still plays it she says:bigsmile:

So how's it work you 'kids':wink: from the 80's? The notebook AnnaB shared helped a wee bit but mostly just made me curious!:noway:
  • watch48win

I never heard of it until today...Shannon still plays it she says:bigsmile:

So how's it work you 'kids':wink: from the 80's? The notebook AnnaB shared helped a wee bit but mostly just made me curious!:noway:

Yeah me too! I'm serious 80's here, and have no idea.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    You have differnet options like for housing Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House. Then your friend does a big sprial or lines or something until you say to stop. However many there are you count through your options. So if you have 5, you would count 1-mansion, 2-apt, 3-shack, 4-house, 5-mansion. SO you'll live in a mansion. You list names of boys that you like, numbers for how many kids you'll have. Once you go through everything you know what you'll have/do/be when you're older.
  • 3babybeans
    Doogie Howser was always on my husband list. Normal girls had Tom Cruise...not me! :laugh: We had car catagories, husband, how many kids (I always ended up with like 20), state we would live in, pets. We took it very seriously. :tongue:
  • watch48win
    You have differnet options like for housing Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House. Then your friend does a big sprial or lines or something until you say to stop. However many there are you count through your options. So if you have 5, you would count 1-mansion, 2-apt, 3-shack, 4-house, 5-mansion. SO you'll live in a mansion. You list names of boys that you like, numbers for how many kids you'll have. Once you go through everything you know what you'll have/do/be when you're older.

OK- I think I get it, and I can honestly say....I have not played this little game....must not be a Midwest thing? ( at least not in my neck of the Midwest woods)
  • 3babybeans
    Seriously!? You never played this?! Huh. You don't know what you're missing! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick

Oh how on earth did I miss this....oh well I grew up in the 70's...might be why:blushing:

Sounds fun! I do recall the spiral deal with the dots but nothing about a mansion or shack...hm.... so long ago! Would prefer not to go back to those days....:laugh: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Seriously!? You never played this?! Huh. You don't know what you're missing! :laugh:
    apparently NOT! It does sound fun:bigsmile: ....... when Jeannie picks up the wine and we grab Marla & stop and grab you and some tables for you to dance on:grumble: :noway: :laugh: ...and I bring the notebook and bud light....(made the mistake of drinkin one the other day and mmmmm I like it! been awhile so just poppin off the cap had me HAPPYyyyyyyy! lol) we'll play it!

Keep forgettin to mention.....I'm lovin that sigline you got you Beans:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: