Remembering the 80's

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Doogie Howser was always on my husband list. Normal girls had Tom Cruise...not me! :laugh: We had car catagories, husband, how many kids (I always ended up with like 20), state we would live in, pets. We took it very seriously. :tongue:
    sooo seriously that you're plannin on 17 more? gulp:noway: :sick: :ohwell: :huh: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    You have differnet options like for housing Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House. Then your friend does a big sprial or lines or something until you say to stop. However many there are you count through your options. So if you have 5, you would count 1-mansion, 2-apt, 3-shack, 4-house, 5-mansion. SO you'll live in a mansion. You list names of boys that you like, numbers for how many kids you'll have. Once you go through everything you know what you'll have/do/be when you're older.

OK- I think I get it, and I can honestly say....I have not played this little game....must not be a Midwest thing? ( at least not in my neck of the Midwest woods)
    Where in the Midwest did you grow up? :happy:
  • I still listen to Bon Jovi
  • Fitness_Chick
    I still listen to Bon Jovi
    yea me too! :blushing: :laugh: Good music!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    You have differnet options like for housing Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House. Then your friend does a big sprial or lines or something until you say to stop. However many there are you count through your options. So if you have 5, you would count 1-mansion, 2-apt, 3-shack, 4-house, 5-mansion. SO you'll live in a mansion. You list names of boys that you like, numbers for how many kids you'll have. Once you go through everything you know what you'll have/do/be when you're older.

OK- I think I get it, and I can honestly say....I have not played this little game....must not be a Midwest thing? ( at least not in my neck of the Midwest woods)
    Where in the Midwest did you grow up? :happy:

Eastern Ohio..near the West VA, PA border...
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I still listen to Bon Jovi
    yea me too! :blushing: :laugh: Good music!

Oh yeah and...Bon Jovi Rocks (still!)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    What about parachute pants....Go Hammer!
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    :... and YOU'RE to blame ... la la la la ..."
    Jusasecond - I'm gonna go put on my parachute pants!

Fun thread - thanks for the memories. (remember when it wasn't spelled "thanx"?

Go class of 84!!!!!!!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Okay, I was born in '79! So, the New Kids on the Block just got back together and I totally went to the concert about 3 weeks ago! It was awsome! What does that make me?? Should I have just admitted that? :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Okay, I was born in '79! So, the New Kids on the Block just got back together and I totally went to the concert about 3 weeks ago! It was awsome! What does that make me?? Should I have just admitted that? :huh:
    You and Mir will get along great...she's got a hot crush on Walberg (sp):smooched:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member

Um, no don't admit that.

My girl friends and I played Mash constantly. And I was talking to on of my friends last night about this theard and giggling, her daughter mentioned that she plays it all the time.

Here's how we played. First you make a box, then across the top write MASH across the top. Then on the other 3 sides of the box you draw 4 lines. The player then picks out 4 guys, 4 numbers and 4 cars (this are the catagories we used) and you write those on the lines. Then you would say go and may lines in the center of the box until the player said stop (We did lines, sounds like some of you did swirls or other things). Once they said stop you would count the lines and then go around the box counting and crossing off a choice every time you got to that number. So if you got a 2 you would start at M cross off A. Start at S cross off H. You go around the whole box and cross off in each category. Say you got a 3. you would start at MA cross off S, Start at H and then cross off the second guy. You keep going around the box until there is one left in each category. Then you circle those and that's your future.

"Wild thing" was on the radio this morning.

Remember McDonalds' Big Mac, Fillet a Fish, Quarter Pounder, French Fries, Icey Coke, Thick shake, Sundays, and Apple Pies. Or 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a seseame seed bun.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member

It means you are a strong, confident woman who doesn't care what all the HATERS out there are saying. Us NKOTB fans gotta stick together. lol :flowerforyou:

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

It means you are a strong, confident woman who doesn't care what all the HATERS out there are saying. Us NKOTB fans gotta stick together. lol :flowerforyou:

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Does hubby know this?
  • Mireille

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg

Does hubby know this?

Yes, Donnie knows. :wink:
  • SoupNazi

Um, no don't admit that.

My girl friends and I played Mash constantly. And I was talking to on of my friends last night about this theard and giggling, her daughter mentioned that she plays it all the time.

Here's how we played. First you make a box, then across the top write MASH across the top. Then on the other 3 sides of the box you draw 4 lines. The player then picks out 4 guys, 4 numbers and 4 cars (this are the catagories we used) and you write those on the lines. Then you would say go and may lines in the center of the box until the player said stop (We did lines, sounds like some of you did swirls or other things). Once they said stop you would count the lines and then go around the box counting and crossing off a choice every time you got to that number. So if you got a 2 you would start at M cross off A. Start at S cross off H. You go around the whole box and cross off in each category. Say you got a 3. you would start at MA cross off S, Start at H and then cross off the second guy. You keep going around the box until there is one left in each category. Then you circle those and that's your future.

"Wild thing" was on the radio this morning.

Remember McDonalds' Big Mac, Fillet a Fish, Quarter Pounder, French Fries, Icey Coke, Thick shake, Sundays, and Apple Pies. Or 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a seseame seed bun.

So THAT"S what that is called!! I remember playing it but never knew what it was.
  • SoupNazi

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg

Does hubby know this?

Shoo Wee!:laugh:
    I saw their "Please Don't Go Girl" video last night. Oh the memories!
  • SoupNazi
    I seriously believe that there was no other greater music than in the 80's. In fact, that's 98% of what I still listen to.

ToTo
    Men At Work
    The Bangles
    and my all time favorite..........................The Cure!!:love:

Oh the era of one hit wonders and most of the music made no sense at all.:laugh:
  • Mireille

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg

Does hubby know this?

Shoo Wee!:laugh:
    I saw their "Please Don't Go Girl" video last night. Oh the memories!

I know. I can't help but to laugh when I see their old stuff.
    If you get a chance, go to YouTube and watch their "2 in the morning live" video. It's such a lovely song. goodsigh.gif
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg

Wahlberg, whatever - Jon's still got it going on! Seriously, it was so much fun and their new music is pretty good too!
  • Mireille

Sincerely,
    Mrs Wahlberg

Wahlberg, whatever - Jon's still got it going on!

Bwahahaha! Jonathan? He had it going on? :wink:
    I saw the first show of their current tour (sep 18th) and Jonathan looked so uncoordinated and uncomfortable. I swear if I would have watched him the whole night I would have been bored. lol
    I'm sure he was just fine for your show since he's gotten plenty of practice. Plus he probably knew you were there in the crowd. :flowerforyou: