I need to know, who else on here drinks diet soda on their d

Options

Replies

• Shaylaluvsya
    Options
    I drink one or two a day. Is it probably bad for me? yes. Am I going to keep doing it? yes. Do you own a cell phone? Drink from plastic water bottles? Drive in traffic breathing fumes? Use tampons? (yes tampons they are dyed in chemicals that have been linked to endometriosis) ... the list goes on and on. All those things are bad for you too ..... just sayin'

Right??? I agree with you 100% :)
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I do, but have been adding more water in there. I also don't keep it cold so it's not so ready to go and I have to think before I drink.

This was how I cut down on soda in the beginning. I used to drink 6-8 cans of Pepsi a day. Instead of putting them in the fridge to stay cold, I'd stick them on top of the fridge. I don't like canned soda's poured over ice, so I would have to:
    a) put one in the fridge and wait a couple hours or
    b) decide if I wanted it bad enough to drink it hot.

Now it's not so much of a struggle. I do drink a few sodas each week (3-4 total), but not near the 40+per week I was drinking a year ago.
  • Insanit76
    Insanit76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do, in moderation. When I first started this journey long ago (6 years ago) I was drinking a 2lt of reg pop a day. I slowly acclimated myself to only drinking 1 glass of diet pop with dinner every day. My other liquids include water, tea, and crystal light.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking sodas all together I mainly just stick with water. But if I want a soda I get Coke Zero or a Diet Dr. Pepper, But that is like every know and then it isn't quite often.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I drink one or two a day. Is it probably bad for me? yes. Am I going to keep doing it? yes. Do you own a cell phone? Drink from plastic water bottles? Drive in traffic breathing fumes? Use tampons? (yes tampons they are dyed in chemicals that have been linked to endometriosis) ... the list goes on and on. All those things are bad for you too ..... just sayin'

Agree with you also.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is actually worse than regular soda (TOXIC)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diet-soda/AN01732
    Sorry, but where in the article on the link does it state that diet sode is WORSE than regular soda? Or more to the point that it is toxic! :huh:

The article actually says that having a couple of carbonated diet drinks a day is probably not that harmful. It merely mentions that there have been some studies that suggest that all sweetend carbonated drinks have links with obesity. Possibly because it's the Diet Coke and Hershey Bar diet that many of us might recognise from our past, or that all sweetened drinks have the potential to trick our bodies into craving more carbs. :sick:

I have in the past drunk quite a lot of Diet Coke and Dr Pepper Zero. Has it made me fat? I can't say, but I know I'd be at least another 50lbs heavier if I'd been drinking full-fat soda. :drinker:

Everything.. in moderation as part of a balanced diet :wink:
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Coke every day and have lost 40 pounds....i do not think I can give it up although I have tried I always go back.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 diet sodas every day!! I love me some diet dew!! Mmmmm
  • annaasun
    annaasun Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    only when i need to curb my hunger. maybe once or twice a week. never used to before I started dieting. my choice is diet root beer (A&W)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I drink pepsi max and coke 0 occiasionally. You can't stop everything cold turkey.
  • annaasun
    Options

Sorry, but where in the article on the link does it state that diet sode is WORSE than regular soda? Or more to the point that it is toxic! :huh:

The article actually says that having a couple of carbonated diet drinks a day is probably not that harmful. It merely mentions that there have been some studies that suggest that all sweetend carbonated drinks have links with obesity. Possibly because it's the Diet Coke and Hershey Bar diet that many of us might recognise from our past, or that all sweetened drinks have the potential to trick our bodies into craving more carbs. :sick:

I have in the past drunk quite a lot of Diet Coke and Dr Pepper Zero. Has it made me fat? I can't say, but I know I'd be at least another 50lbs heavier if I'd been drinking full-fat soda. :drinker:

Everything.. in moderation as part of a balanced diet :wink:

agreed. diet soda is just fine in moderation.
  • DanyelePalmer
    Options
    Well i started drinking diet soda and i've lost 40 lbs just from that alone. So it is possible to lose weight while drinking diet soda. I have just flat lined not so i want to actually begin to eat right as well
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged!

Don't drink tea, coffee or milk, can only drink water if its icy cold, and fruit juice is just so not worthy of the calories!

I try to have a low calorie squash occasionally, amd I do drink flavoured waters, but they have to be sparkling - flat liquid just doesn't rock my boat!
  • annaasun
    Options

THANK YOU!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have diet coke or pepsi in restaurants sometimes. I have to remember I'll need the loo a lot after though, so I'm trying to choose water more often if I'll soon be on the road again.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i drink diet pop every day, to each their own, id rather drink diet pop than smoke crack, yes i know what they say about it, but its healthier than crack lmao
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hmmm nothing beats a fountain diet dew...ok well chocolate does.. but... I think I may go get one after work!
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options

That article hardly says diet soda is toxic.

It's completely fine in moderation.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Until literally 3 days ago, I was drinking on average 8-10 cans of diet soda a day. But I read how the sweeteners can cause your body to hang onto belly fat, which is my biggest problem. So I am down to 2 cans per day. I am substituting this awesome flavored sparking water I found, it's called Sparkling Ice. I also am drinking a lot more regular water. I have to say that I had plateaued for almost 2 months and since Monday and my new "less soda" commitment, I am down about 1.5 pounds. I'm going to stick to less diet soda as a result!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It is so addictive - I have not touched it for a long time now, but it was hard. We all know this stuff is toxic, and leaches calcium from our bones. If we don't care about that one today, stay tuned. Worst is it tricks your body into thinking it IS sugar, and after drinking this makes you crave all sorts of other bad things. A vicious circle; at least it was for me.

I'm sticking with fresh cold clear water....