Too Critical? McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    ditch em and pick me! ive had Mc'Ds once this year and it was the apple dippers :)

lol!! I've had an icecream cone and 2 iced coffees in almost 2 years from there and that's it!!
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wonder what my friends think about my diary.

If it bothers you that much delete him/her.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Hmmm, I've had McD's a lot this week. Not something I normally do, but it happened. It's in my diary. But, none of my friends said a single thing (thankfully). I'd be really hurt if they did. I was honest with them this week as to what my goal was for the week and they have been encouraging me to reach it each day. For me at least one night was because I wanted to go spend some time with friends after our run, it is possible to eat at McD's cheep and for a reasonable number of calories (which they did, I enjoyed my fries very much, thank you). McD's also does not care if you are sweaty and stinky, and don't tell you to leave when you are done. I'd just find out what their goals are and encourage them to reach those, don't worry about things they are not ready to change.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Why is it bothering you so much? It's their decision what is put into their mouth, as is yours. I'll admit, I usually eat out for lunch while @ work, but I make the best decisions I can while under those circumstances and my choices have paid off in my nearly 65lb loss.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you're being way too critical of this person. Why not just be happy for their success? I'm sure someone could pick apart your diary and tell you how you could improve, but what kind of person would that be?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonalds. Usually an Egg McMuffin (300 calories) or a hamburger and an ice cream cone (400 calories).
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ditch em and pick me! ive had Mc'Ds once this year and it was the apple dippers :)

lol!! I've had an icecream cone and 2 iced coffees in almost 2 years from there and that's it!!

Ive been once for their DELICIOUS fruit and maple oatmeal!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If he lost 22 lbs because he has journeyed to this from eating at McDonald's five times a day, then he has made great progress.
  • shelleyfi
    Options
    i guess this is where I say I have 2 teenage sons that work there and bring home food all the time, though I've asked them to cut back, so since starting MFP, I've only eaten there once, and that was today, my oldest brought me an egg mcmuffin and a hashbrown to work, so there was lunch, and then my youngest brought me 4 chicken nuggets, so I incorporated that into my supper and still came in at 1299 cals for the day. Maybe not the best choices, but if I deprive myself, then I will one day explode and pig out for days and days before I snap out of it and have alot of guilt and catch up work to do. (yes, speaking from experience!)
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    I've had Mc Donalds on logged it into MFP. Sometimes life happens and it"s either McD's or nothing.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I never eat McProcessed (McDonalds) foods. As to friends here to me they are more of an aquaintance then a friend although i consider almost everybody i eat a friend. Just recently i had a MFP drop me because i asked her why 90% of her dietary intake was processed and nothing natural. Oh well like i said more of an aquaintance then a friend. I wouldn't drop anybody because of what they eat regardless.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    really..you are really getting upset over this..

oh lord
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just tell them their chicken is purple and they color it white(true story) turned me right off that crap. I found this out yesterday soo gross!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a pal who eats McDonalds EVERY day (or every other day, w/e) and has lost 22 lbs. Misses meals, etc... It is totally frustrating and discouraging as someone who is trying to eat heathier and lose weight. Should I drop them?

Are you guys cutthroat when it comes to diaries you can see?

I tend not to comment too much on other peoples diaries {I may point out the obvious if they ask - IE they are not eating enough calories etc...} I did 'de-friend' someone as I was so concenrned about her eating habits though !!

I am sure you can eat MD every day and lose weight, you wont be healthy though and for me this porcess is about being healthy as well as being slimmer.

I tend to choose to get my calories from natural sources.. I can have a 500 calorie evening meal that is huge (lean meat, lots of fresh veggies and or salad and a small portion of carbs). Personally i wouldn't want to swap that meal for Hamburger and Fries that would leave me hungry again in a hour!

However I will not get upset of offended over other peoples choices, I have the power to make my own choices but I cannot control what others do - they have to learn for themselves.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

That's more than I've had......:happy: Can't remember when I last set foot in McCrappy's.

Each to his own....so long as he's making allowances for it and it's working for him......

Sue :smile: x
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    they might eat total cr@p but still be under weight but they are also probally adding viscrole fat to there internal organs which is soo bad it's untrue! (the stuff heart attks ect are made of)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i'M SURPRISED IT WOuld bother you, i find it very interesting to read peoples diaries - but take it with a pinch of salt, I'm sure loads of people don't log everything so it quite frequently does not tell the whole story.
    Frankly if you don't know them from a bar of soap other than on MFP it simply doesnt' matter, they probably won't even notice if you do defreind them - if you are wasting valuable emotions and head space being bothered by them take them off.
    it does say probably more about you than about them though if it bothers you that much.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if its working, then why knock it?
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It depends on what they are eating at McDonalds. They have a grilled chicken sandwich, apple dippers, yogurt parfait, salad. Heck, they could only eat a cheese burger which has only 300 cals. 2 cheese burgers and a diet coke or unsweet tea wouldn't be too over the of a meal.

Don't let someones success bother you, it's not a race, but if it was, imagine an endless road that some people are trying to sprint. It's not your responsiblity to try and slow them down or give them advice, or even to feel envious, because more often than not you end up passing them at your slow pace when they have gassed out.
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wish I could eat McDonalds everyday and still lose :laugh: ! But like everybody else has said, everybody is different and everybody has different ways and eating habits which help them lose weight. He/She might be losing but not in a healthy or nutritous way. But at the end of the day it is up to them. Just delete them if it bothers you.
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Might be loosing weight now but he'll pay for it on the long run ... skipping meals and eating a lot of fat and sodium will catch up on his health at some point ...