Insanity buddy!?

Options

Replies

• SJB016
    SJB016 Posts: 38
    Options
    what is insanity??

it's a workout program :) beachbody.com will direct you there!
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    I SO want to do Insanity with my wife but she thinks she can't do it due to her being a bit uncoordinated...would she have issues you think?
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I walked funny for the first week cuz my upper quads hurt SOOO bad Im on the 2nd week and doing better I already notice the workouts arent destroying me as badly :noway:
  • SJB016
    Options
    I SO want to do Insanity with my wife but she thinks she can't do it due to her being a bit uncoordinated...would she have issues you think?

I think she would be perfectly fine.. IMO.. Shaun T goes through the steps thoroughly.. my husband has done it before and his coordination isn't the best... you guys should definitely hop on the INSANITY train :)
  • SJB016
    Options
    I walked funny for the first week cuz my upper quads hurt SOOO bad Im on the 2nd week and doing better I already notice the workouts arent destroying me as badly :noway:

isn't it a good feeling? i mean the hard to walk thing kind of sucks, but in a good way! haha! i work on the second floor and when i did it the first time i had to take the elevator for the first 2 weeks :) i was better this go around though!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I don't thinks so. I am one of the most uncoordinated people I know and I am doing it.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I take the stairs every day at work and when I first started, I swear it took me like 3x as long to get up those things! I couldn't get to the cupboard above the fridge because I couldn't stand on my tippy toes without my calves wanting to fall off. All this sore talk sounds horrid, but its the best sore there is! It certainly gets better and its totally worth the burn :)
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    Didn't start today--- computer wouldn't read the DVD grrrrr. We'll try again in the am...
  • SJB016
    Options
    I take the stairs every day at work and when I first started, I swear it took me like 3x as long to get up those things! I couldn't get to the cupboard above the fridge because I couldn't stand on my tippy toes without my calves wanting to fall off. All this sore talk sounds horrid, but its the best sore there is! It certainly gets better and its totally worth the burn :)

yes! that calves were the WORST! i am so glad my house isn't two stories or i would have been in trouble. i'm fine now. i'm thinking after next month it might get worse for the first week of my max interval training then eventually get easier as I go.. I like the week in between the two 4 week periods.. forget what the workout is called.
  • SJB016
    Options
    Didn't start today--- computer wouldn't read the DVD grrrrr. We'll try again in the am...

as long as you plan on trying it today then you are on the right track!! just keep pushing play!! :)
  • chrissyw63
    Options

yes! that calves were the WORST! i am so glad my house isn't two stories or i would have been in trouble. i'm fine now. i'm thinking after next month it might get worse for the first week of my max interval training then eventually get easier as I go.. I like the week in between the two 4 week periods.. forget what the workout is called.

Recovery week? I think its something like Cardio Core and Recovery or something? I may have just made that up ... either way, day 2 again today! I'm realizing now how I shouldn't have taken that many weeks off! I'm exhausted! But still feelin good :) How's it going for you?
  • SJB016
    Options
    Recovery week? I think its something like Cardio Core and Recovery or something? I may have just made that up ... either way, day 2 again today! I'm realizing now how I shouldn't have taken that many weeks off! I'm exhausted! But still feelin good :) How's it going for you?

:) haha! yea.. you could have made it up and I wouldn't be able to call your bluff ;)
    I'm going to look it up after I type this!
    Yea.. those weeks where you don't do much in between workouts gets tough! I am going to go straught from INSANITY to either P90X or another round of insanity..

yesterday was my day off, which was really nice! I usually look forward to doing some other type of exercise even on my day off, but not yesterday! not even sure what's on the calendar for tonight.. i'll have to take a look.. hopefully it's not cardio resistance! that's my least favorite
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Had to laugh a little here. Not in a bad way. I've tried to get so many of my friends to do Insanity with me. They all show up the first day but NEVER come back. The problem is that I'm not good at working out alone. I'm going to start a new round as soon as a get down below 200 lbs since its so hard on the knees. I love it though!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options

I'm sooooo not graceful or coordinated lol. I cant even do Zumba, that's just a hot mess. But today is my last day of week 6!!! It's very doable!!!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options

She could do it no problem! And it's not like anyone would know if she stumbles a little bit that is the good thing about working out at home!
  • SJB016
    Options
    Had to laugh a little here. Not in a bad way. I've tried to get so many of my friends to do Insanity with me. They all show up the first day but NEVER come back. The problem is that I'm not good at working out alone. I'm going to start a new round as soon as a get down below 200 lbs since its so hard on the knees. I love it though!
    Sometimes having people to come and chat with helps keep you motivated!! at a higher weight you will lose more quicker! when you decide to hop on the INSANITY train you can come here and keep us updated! :)
  • chrissyw63
    Options
    [/quote]
    :) haha! yea.. you could have made it up and I wouldn't be able to call your bluff ;)
    I'm going to look it up after I type this!
    Yea.. those weeks where you don't do much in between workouts gets tough! I am going to go straught from INSANITY to either P90X or another round of insanity..

yesterday was my day off, which was really nice! I usually look forward to doing some other type of exercise even on my day off, but not yesterday! not even sure what's on the calendar for tonight.. i'll have to take a look.. hopefully it's not cardio resistance! that's my least favorite
    [/quote]

I have heard that there is a new version of Insanity that takes a 45 minute workout and fits it into like 25 minutes or something. I haven't looked it up, but I think I'll need to. I'm sure that means I'll want to die by the end of the 25 minutes, but I'd so be down to try it! Have you seen Shaun T's other stuff like Hip Hop Abs and stuff? There's one called Asylum that looks crazy ... I'd like to think that after Insanity I could somewhat hang with those ... maybe I'll give them a try!

You said you are not super hot on cardio resistance ... I feel ya. Only my deal is that I HATE the warm up! I'm not sure why, really. I just do! One day I slacked on it pretty hardcore and I felt it afterward for sure. I certainly NEED the warm up.
  • SJB016
    Options
    I have heard that there is a new version of Insanity that takes a 45 minute workout and fits it into like 25 minutes or something. I haven't looked it up, but I think I'll need to. I'm sure that means I'll want to die by the end of the 25 minutes, but I'd so be down to try it! Have you seen Shaun T's other stuff like Hip Hop Abs and stuff? There's one called Asylum that looks crazy ... I'd like to think that after Insanity I could somewhat hang with those ... maybe I'll give them a try!

You said you are not super hot on cardio resistance ... I feel ya. Only my deal is that I HATE the warm up! I'm not sure why, really. I just do! One day I slacked on it pretty hardcore and I felt it afterward for sure. I certainly NEED the warm up.

yea i did hear about that new one! but wasn't it the asylum one? I was thinking about trying that one out. my brother actually mentioned it this past weekend... I'm thinking I might try it too if there isn't too many things I will have to buy in order to do it.. i have heard of hip hop abs, but i've never done it. have you heard of the 30 day shred? I've seen a couple people put in on this board.. was thinking about looking into that as well. i feel like if i do a routine like these dvds i'll stick with it more that if i actually have to leave the house and go to the gym...

the warm up for Cardio power and resistance is so much harder in my opinion than the other two.. cause of the power jacks and vertical jumps! I don't mind the other two! you know what, i didn't fully stretch after i think the plyo one last week and I DEFINTELY felt that!! it's madness.. maybe I will try hip hop abs.. have you done it before?
  • chrissyw63
    Options
    yea i did hear about that new one! but wasn't it the asylum one? I was thinking about trying that one out. my brother actually mentioned it this past weekend... I'm thinking I might try it too if there isn't too many things I will have to buy in order to do it.. i have heard of hip hop abs, but i've never done it. have you heard of the 30 day shred? I've seen a couple people put in on this board.. was thinking about looking into that as well. i feel like if i do a routine like these dvds i'll stick with it more that if i actually have to leave the house and go to the gym...

the warm up for Cardio power and resistance is so much harder in my opinion than the other two.. cause of the power jacks and vertical jumps! I don't mind the other two! you know what, i didn't fully stretch after i think the plyo one last week and I DEFINTELY felt that!! it's madness.. maybe I will try hip hop abs.. have you done it before?

I have no idea ... I need to look into it more. I'd like to try hip hop abs cuz it looks fun but ... I have no rhythm! You should have seen how long it took me to get the 1-2-3 heismen down. That's really sad to admit :) I've heard of 30 day shred but I don't know much about it at all. I still like goin to the gym, its just sometimes I really don't have time for it. I have a 19 month old, work and go to school so its really hard! With home stuff, I can at least wait til little dude goes to bed and do it (which is a battle sometimes to get off the couch).
    Sweet Moses the power jacks and verticle jumps kick my booty! My thighs hate my guts ... I'm hurting today for sure. Even my ribs ... I guess that's a hint to not ever take that many weeks off again ... sheesh.
    Oh and I think you noticed, but I am real dumb with this forum stuff (this is the first time I've posted) so I don't know how that quote thing works very well!
  • SJB016
    Options

I have no idea ... I need to look into it more. I'd like to try hip hop abs cuz it looks fun but ... I have no rhythm! You should have seen how long it took me to get the 1-2-3 heismen down. That's really sad to admit :) I've heard of 30 day shred but I don't know much about it at all. I still like goin to the gym, its just sometimes I really don't have time for it. I have a 19 month old, work and go to school so its really hard! With home stuff, I can at least wait til little dude goes to bed and do it (which is a battle sometimes to get off the couch).
    Sweet Moses the power jacks and verticle jumps kick my booty! My thighs hate my guts ... I'm hurting today for sure. Even my ribs ... I guess that's a hint to not ever take that many weeks off again ... sheesh.
    Oh and I think you noticed, but I am real dumb with this forum stuff (this is the first time I've posted) so I don't know how that quote thing works very well!

it took me awhile too! i thought when I hit reply on the person's response, it would do the " " thing.. but i figured it out half way through my responses. this is my first response as well. :)

You are definitely a busy one! i tried work and full time school. that was tough.. throw a baby in the mix and I wouldn't know what to do with myself! :) I'm home from work today, so i'm trying to figure out when i will have the energy to do INSANITY tonight.. i'm hoping it's Plyo but I think it's pure cardio..
    going to look up the 30 day shred now!! :)