Insanity buddy!?

Options

Replies

• hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I walked funny for the first week cuz my upper quads hurt SOOO bad Im on the 2nd week and doing better I already notice the workouts arent destroying me as badly :noway:

LOL I had problems pulling my pants up that's how bad I hurt after the first week of Insanity :blushing:
  • hypergrl
    Options
    I SO want to do Insanity with my wife but she thinks she can't do it due to her being a bit uncoordinated...would she have issues you think?

I'm sooooo not graceful or coordinated lol. I cant even do Zumba, that's just a hot mess. But today is my last day of week 6!!! It's very doable!!!

I'm not a graceful person either, but you do get to know the moves and it can be done. Just make sure you have plenty of room and go slow at first until you get the moves down.
  • hypergrl
    Options
    SBJ - Thanks for opening up this thread...reading through makes me want to get out there and do some Insanity!

Feeling a bit unmotivated today for some reason....:ohwell: so someone; anyone give me a great big kick in the butt! This is one reason I wish I had someone close to me or my BF to work out with.
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    So what do log insanity under ?? I've been doing calisthenics... Don't know what else to call it.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So what do log insanity under ?? I've been doing calisthenics... Don't know what else to call it.

I have been putting aerobics (high impact) because I didn't know what else to put it as either! I figure it is just a ball park figure, but I get the general idea.

Hope everyone has had an awesome week!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I LOVE INSANITY and would love to be your INSANITY buddy! :)
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options

When you go to log your exercise put INSANITY in caps and it should come up for you to log!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I finished my first round of Insanity in June and am currently on month 2 of a P90X/Insanity hybrid. Love it!! I didn't see much movement on the scale, but lost a ton of inches!

The new video you guys are talking about is Asylum. I haven't done it, but I've heard it's really good too!

As far as logging, I created each category for each of the videos. If you don't have a heart rate monitor I recommend you invest in one. I got mine at walmart for about $30. I've seen burns ranging from a few hundred to over 1000, and I wouldn't have been able to guess it myself.

Feel free to add me!!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options

For Cardio Recovery I use calisthenics.

For the rest - I try to take my heart rate during the breaks and then I use the average of that to calculate the calories burned using a formula I found on the the internet.

Calories Burned = (0.4472 x Height in Inches - 0.05741 x Weight in kg + 0.074 x Age - 20.4022) x Time / 4.184.

Weight in kg = weight in lbs 8 0.45359237

I am hoping to invest in a heart rate monitor soon but for now this works for me. I actually created a spreadsheet so all I have to do is plug in the numbers.
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    It didn't come up in the logs as INSANITY, I'll just keep doing what I'm going until I get a hrm.
  • SJB016
    SJB016 Posts: 38
    Options
    SBJ - Thanks for opening up this thread...reading through makes me want to get out there and do some Insanity!

Feeling a bit unmotivated today for some reason....:ohwell: so someone; anyone give me a great big kick in the butt! This is one reason I wish I had someone close to me or my BF to work out with.

Oh no! I didn't get on here in time to give you a kick in the rear! i hope you got the motivation and did your insanity yesterday!! :)
  • SJB016
    Options

I just made my own exercise and kind of guessed. i don't own a heart rate monitor either. but in the nutrition guide for insanity it tells you how to calculate your daily calorie intake so even though I do log and put about 500 calories an exercise I try to keep it in the range of the total I calculated from the book.. i'll look up the equation and post it :)
  • SJB016
    Options

I have been putting aerobics (high impact) because I didn't know what else to put it as either! I figure it is just a ball park figure, but I get the general idea.

Hope everyone has had an awesome week!

hope your weeks been great too!!
  • SJB016
    Options
    I LOVE INSANITY and would love to be your INSANITY buddy! :)

yay welcome!!! how long have you been doing it? what week? first round?
  • SJB016
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I finished my first round of Insanity in June and am currently on month 2 of a P90X/Insanity hybrid. Love it!! I didn't see much movement on the scale, but lost a ton of inches!

The new video you guys are talking about is Asylum. I haven't done it, but I've heard it's really good too!

As far as logging, I created each category for each of the videos. If you don't have a heart rate monitor I recommend you invest in one. I got mine at walmart for about $30. I've seen burns ranging from a few hundred to over 1000, and I wouldn't have been able to guess it myself.

Feel free to add me!!

high fives on the first round of insanity and on to the P90X kick!! :) I was a fan of P90X.. didn't get through the entire thing.. think i might do the 30 day shred after i'm done with this round just to switch it up and try something new, then hop onto P90X after that..

i noticed taking pictures for a reference is better than tracking the scale!
  • thiiinmiiint
    Options
    Im starting Insanity on monday. This will be my third time.. but I always stop after week 3 -_- for one reason or another
  • SJB016
    Options
    Im starting Insanity on monday. This will be my third time.. but I always stop after week 3 -_- for one reason or another
    getting to week three is definitely a huge accomplishment!! maybe we can all push each other to get through the entire thing! :)
  • SJB016
    Options
    calorie calculation:

655+(4.35 x weight in lbs)+(4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

take this total and subtract by 500.. use that number daily to lose weight while doing insanity:)
  • hypergrl
    Options

Oh no! I didn't get on here in time to give you a kick in the rear! i hope you got the motivation and did your insanity yesterday!! :)

I got my workout in but I'm doing Turbo Fire this time around...I found that right now my body can't handle the two intense workouts. Not yet and I was in the mood for something a bit different. :) And it's different, a lot more twisting cause of punches and kicks have to be really careful of my knee, but I'm still getting a good burn and I have to say my back is killing me from all the ab work that gets done. :)
  • SJB016
    Options

I got my workout in but I'm doing Turbo Fire this time around...I found that right now my body can't handle the two intense workouts. Not yet and I was in the mood for something a bit different. :) And it's different, a lot more twisting cause of punches and kicks have to be really careful of my knee, but I'm still getting a good burn and I have to say my back is killing me from all the ab work that gets done. :)

what is turbo fire? hmmm.. i will have to look it up!! sounds fun!!