Why do people feel the need to be so RUDE?

Options
I have come across quite a lovely bunch, but I am sitting here close to tears atm, I recently posted a thread about a very serious issue and I got back quite a few rude replies!

Yeah you may tell me get over it but A) I have very bad depression I am in the process of recovering from and get emotional easily and B) I get no support on my healthy eating/exercising habits in the "real" world as people may call it, so decided this would be the greatest place to be?

I thought this site was meant to be positive and encouraging (and maybe some POSITIVE critisism) but some stuff which just got dished to me was not POSITIVE in any way but people thinking they know the be-all and end-all when they do not know everything about me even if they think they do....

:(

Replies

• Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    There will always be haters. Ignore the jerks and focus on the people who really DO support and love you on here.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry that happened; it is supposed to be an encouraging site, but it's free, so anyone can join (even jerks). Just keep on doing what you're doing; we're here for you!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Humans will always been flawed ... and some struggle more than others ... sorry you had to go through that :(
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly you always get the few that ruin it for people but i hope there are lots that help you too :)

sorry you had to encounter the bad ones!

xx
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    In life you are going to come across positive and negitive,the only thing you can control is how you react to it
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Some people feel the need to be rude, disrespectful and hateful because of various reasons. But mostly it's just poor upbringing by their parents, they were never taught HOW to be respectful of others. Best thing I can say is ignore them and know that MOST of the people on this site are great and supporting no matter what.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Humans will always been flawed ... and some struggle more than others ... sorry you had to go through that :(

Very true!
  • lisa_73
    lisa_73 Posts: 43
    Options
    i'm sorry :( i don't know why people feel the need to be more rude online than they would ever be in person. some people are just mean.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just as there are always whiners, there will always be an asshat.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me: "I will NOT let this stuff rent space in my head" !!!

:) Take what you need and throw the useless crap out the door...It's very liberating!
    ]
    HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    sorry =/ just let them be angry they seriously have nothing better to do then troll around and be rude. I posted on that same thread and have slept like that, this was when I had full blown feeling like I wanted to die depression. THAT's why it's like that. Medication only made it worse for me. Find something to look forward to to wake up for =] maybe a nice walk with some Muse playing ;D
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Because sometimes the right answer isn't coated in peaches and cream.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just went and read through your other thread, I was sorry to read some of the responses.

There is trying to be truthful and helpful and then there is just being mean.

Depression sucks, it is a long hard battle to fight. Best of luck to you.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just as there are always whiners, there will always be an asshat.

hahahhaa
    so true.

honestly some people are complete jerks, but theyre only hurting themselves in the long run. no one wants to get close to a jerkoff.
    it used to affect me but honestly, you have to find ways to rise above it!! dont let the losers get you down. :D
    repeat after me: theyre bitter and angry, and youre not going to let them get to you.

there are always nice, supportive, comforting people, its just a matter of finding them and ignoring the nasty ones.
  • Penelope_373
    Penelope_373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't take in the negativity...I know, easier said than done! But seriously, if you need a positive friend, add me! I am only here to encourage others, not tear them down to make myself feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I found the post you're talking about and stuck up for ya. I don't suffer from depression personally, but my mother does and I know how hard it can be to fall asleep and have the energy to get up every morning. Some people just don't get it.
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me: "I will NOT let this stuff rent space in my head" !!!

:) Take what you need and throw the useless crap out the door...It's very liberating!
    ]
    HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What a GREAT mantra to live by!
  • stephmn
    stephmn Posts: 18
    Options
    Sadly, that behavior is what fuels some people. I think Dr. Suess said it best, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

The majority of the folks here are 100% supportive... The others - well, they just don't matter!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I just went and read through your other thread, I was sorry to read some of the responses.

There is trying to be truthful and helpful and then there is just being mean.

Depression sucks, it is a long hard battle to fight. Best of luck to you.

^^Me too. You didn't deserve those responses.

Are you taking medication for your depression because sometimes that can mess with sleep patterns. Definitely see your doctor though, just to rule things out. It's not laziness, I feel exhausted all the time and I'm definitely not lazy. Sounds like you need some help from your doctor and some big hugs.

(((hugs)))
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Anonymity + Internet = Butt hats. Seriously. I read through that other thread, and there really wasn't a need for the rudeness people presented. There were ways of saying the same thing in a much nicer manner. It's the internet.