so heartbreaking and discouraging :(:(

Options

Replies

• heathurr
    heathurr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

People are going to hate, people are going to say rude, ignorant, arrogant things. That doesn't mean you have to listen to them. 27 pounds is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment. Keep it up. :)
  • lsea11
    lsea11 Posts: 3
    Options
    That was rude and inconsiderate. Obviously, she didn't think before speaking. You keep up the good work and congrats on your weight loss!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What the hell is wrong with that woman!?!?! Who says that to someone??? I am literally awestruck at how insensitive, rude and just plain ignorant some people can be. Cangrats on your weightloss, keep up the good work and show that cow of a woman how fantastic you look when you reach your goal weight. If nothing else you can use her as yet another excuse to stay away from the sodium/sugar/fat ladden food she peddals.
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry she said that. It was very rude and disrespectful. Some people just don't have a filter, or know how to say anything nice.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness and I thought being asked if I was preggo was a horrible compliment to my weight loss.
    Don't listen to her for a mintue. You just keep doing what you are doing and let her be jealous of you. Becuase that is what it is. I constantly take crap for some of the "bigger" women here at work. If I forget my lunch and decide to order out they always point it out and say things like "I thought you were on a diet" in a really mean and aggressive tone.
    Keep up the good work and feel free to friend me if you need another supportive "friend"
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    People who say things like that feel unhppy with themselves. they think saying things to hurt others makes them feel better. the best is to just not give them the response they are looking for........... walk away
    But ya I would have been hurt and upset too.
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that is crazy - I know how you feel - a woman I have known for 20+ years saw me at the mall last year and I had not seen her for a while and she asked me if I was expecting.....Really????????....I had also lost 15 pounds at that time and thought why would someone say that ? ....they need to just keep their mouth shut ....that lady at the food stand should not be saying anything like that to you ....hugs :embarassed:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    She (and her horrid words) mean nothing to you and your journey. Shake the haters off and do you for you, sweetie. And, congrats on the 27 pounds!!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I went to the food court today to grab some asian food before my doctors appointment. The woman behind the counter was my friend's mom and she was the one who served me. After I paid, she asked me if I wanted any water. I said "yes" and before she was about to pour the water, she asked if I wanted any pop instead. I said "no I dont drink it"

She then said, "you look like you are a girl who likes to drink pop and not care about their weight" and then I said "no I do care, I recently lost 27lbs". Then she said "oh I cant really tell the difference, guess I havent seen you at your fattest weight"

That was so heartbreaking to hear :( It felt so discouraging and it also seemed like the rudest thing to say! :'(

How rude can you get????????????? Losing 27lbs is no mean feat. BTW, well done on turning down the pop :drinker: You could've said "yes" & tipped it over her :laugh:

Keep up the good work!!

Sue :smile: x
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    WTF!!! UNBELIEVABLE....IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE! her. Just keep doing what your doing for YOU. She will still have soemthing negative to say if it were 100 lbs. you lost. So she needs to go play on the freeway when there is no traffic.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Some people:

1. are *****es
    2. are idiots
    3. are put on this earth to test us
    4. are put on this earth to teach us how not to be
    5. are not worth your time to listen to.
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    omg how awful. im so sorry someone was so hurtful without them even realizing it.

you keep doing what you are doing. roll it off your shoulders. love yourself.

hugs and right there with ya!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Do some kick-boxing tonight. Visualise her when doing your punches!

Seriously that is completely out of order - but just be pleased that whether you're big or skinny you aren't a bitter cow inside! I'm sure I don't need to tell you that 27lbs is an amazing achievement no matter what silly cows like that might think.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    She is one of those people who is insenstive and doesn't even know it. My mom is the same way. We watched people finish a 5K on Saturday. I said "I'd like to do that some day...maybe next year." She said..."I don't think you'd ever be able to do that. Your sister could do it, she's in great shape. She walks so fast I'd call it running. She walks for an hour everyday. She could do it before you ever could." WOW - You think I wouldn't be surprised after all these years.

To the lady who said that, you're reply next time that happens would be to smile sweetly and say "Wow, what a rude comment. I'm not surprised though." I seriously think people don't realize what they are saying. It gives new meaning to the phrase "Think before you speak."

You should be proud of the 27 pounds you have lost so far. It is a great accomplishment!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow...sure glad she's not my mother!!! That is horrible. She is not worth bringing your self esteem down for. Imagine living being that negative, must be an awful life!! You are doing great...be proud! :)
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's a cultural thing... sometimes the intended message just gets mixed; from the tone you described it doesn't sound like she was trying to actually comment on your weight, she was just making a observation.

Not an excuse, but I don't think she was TRYING to be rude :P
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    yeah it was rude, but some people have no tact and call their stupidity, honesty. don't feel bad about those kinds of people, they're not worth the same air we breath. congrats on that 27pounds :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    She works at the food court.

'nuf said...
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's a cultural thing... sometimes the intended message just gets mixed; from the tone you described it doesn't sound like she was trying to actually comment on your weight, she was just making a observation.

Not an excuse, but I don't think she was TRYING to be rude :P

It could be a cultural misunderstanding.. my F.I.L said to me "Have you lost weight? You look less fat." He meant it nicely, but it definitely came off wrong (He's German btw.. and was speaking German, so it wasn't a wrong word choice).

Misunderstanding, or just rude, you *should not* let it get you down. You have made great strides to bettering yourself (and 27 pounds is FANTASTIC), so be proud, chin up and walk away. Be the bigger person... and if need be go flaunt your skinny butt there after every 5 pounds you lose. :D
  • lovessalt
    Options
    When people are deliberately mean, I always feel sorry for them (after feeling bad for myself). People lash out when they themselves are in pain, so something is really wrong with her life. You are making positive changes in your life and for your health. Stay focused on that, not on how she is trying to make you as miserable as she is.