NIN
    VNV Nation
    Fear Factory
    Within Temptation
    Kylesa
    Enisferum
    OLD White Zombie
    Combichrist

...the list goes on. I prefer metal and industrial. :)
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Working out does not require dance music! I love the bands you listed. Drowning Pool has some great songs for working out, especially Bodies and I Am. Motley Crue, Dropkick Murphys, Hinder (from All-American Nightmare: Waking up the Devil), Mudvayne (Happy?), Disturbed, Eminem.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Lately its been a lot of Rise Against especially when running!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is "What?" by Rob Zombie. Anything by him really works too. Same with White Zombie.
    umm... I like Godsmack so they are always on my list.
    Iron Maiden.
    Korpiklaani - They are a folk metal band from Finland. They are awesome!!
    Alestorm - Folk Metal band from Scotland. All of their songs are Pirate themed! :)
    AC/DC
    Queen
    System of a Down
    Primus
    Black Label Society
    Pantera
  • DannyDD79
    DannyDD79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Think outside the box and expand beyond the Metallica's, Maiden's, and Slayer's....

Hit some Canadian bands.... Alexisonfire, Cancer Bats, Comeback Kid, Propagandhi (punk)

Then try... Death By Stereo, Hatebreed, Hopesfall, Killswitch Engage, The Bronx, Nashville ***** (Speed Rock), Refused, Snot, Tiger Army (Rockabilly)

Enjoy!!
  • jennehughes
    Options
    everybody's come up with some great suggestions (SOAD, Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Korpiklaani especially). I'd also add Hanzel und Gretyl, Mindless Self Indulgence.. can't think of anything else at the minute but will be keeping my eye on the thread :)
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Nonpoint
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Rise Against
    Led Zeppelin
    Adema
    Thrice
    Poison the Well
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Big hello to all my rock and metal friends..... Nothing against Country, Pop or Rap so before anyone complains I just know what gets my blood pumping.

I've been a metal chic for most of my life that's not to say I don't listen to other styles but when I work out I like to get lost in my music and have it motivate me.

My current play list is loaded with Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Papa Roach, a little old school Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax.

I'm just curious what songs or bands get you pumped and ready to kick some butt while working out? I'm looking to beef up my playlist and need some great suggestions from my fellow MFP friends.
    I feel the same about music. Well I grew up on old school metal in the 80s. You may want to add some Pantera, Disturbed and I like Queensryche. The first too especially get me running good and then I switch to queensryche and down to evanescence or lady antebellum. LOL Have fun with it!! Oh listen to UGLY KID JOE'S I hate everything about you song. That song will get a giggle as it gets you pumping. ;p
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Think outside the box and expand beyond the Metallica's, Maiden's, and Slayer's....

Hit some Canadian bands.... Alexisonfire, Cancer Bats, Comeback Kid, Propagandhi (punk)

Then try... Death By Stereo, Hatebreed, Hopesfall, Killswitch Engage, The Bronx, Nashville ***** (Speed Rock), Refused, Snot, Tiger Army (Rockabilly)

Enjoy!!

I actually have a Hatebreed and Killswitch but your Canadian bands are most definetely worth looking into especially if you took the time to list them. Great suggestions!
  • alex063287
    alex063287 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love this post because rock music really helps get the blood pumping. Some bands that are listed below I listen to all appear in my Nonpoint Pandora radio station. Love it!

Drowning pool
    Soil
    Breaking Benjamin
    Chevelle
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Killswitch Engage
    Sevendust
    Nonpoint
    Godsmack
    Three Days Grace
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    Big hello to all my rock and metal friends..... Nothing against Country, Pop or Rap so before anyone complains I just know what gets my blood pumping.

I've been a metal chic for most of my life that's not to say I don't listen to other styles but when I work out I like to get lost in my music and have it motivate me.

My current play list is loaded with Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Papa Roach, a little old school Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax.

I'm just curious what songs or bands get you pumped and ready to kick some butt while working out? I'm looking to beef up my playlist and need some great suggestions from my fellow MFP friends.
    Static X, Rob Zombie, Ozzy, Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Seether, Disciple, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn.....the list goes on and on. LOL
    Dragonforce, Dream Theater, nice!! ;) I love my Dio and Helloween as well, but that's just me!! Eagle Fly Free or I want Out great workout song!
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    Faith No More, Dio, Iron Maiden
    Nice suggestions!!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters makes me feel happy!!!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters makes me feel happy!!!

They are all so quirky! I can't imagine a tour with them it would be romper room fun all day long!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Black Label Society

...and when you're feeling less metal, The Cramps. Not much better than "Like a Bad Girl Should"!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd2M9ynQb5k
  • adamtwd88
    Options

mine are along the lines of, the xcerts, as i lay dying, times of grace, killswitch engage, august burns red, all that remains, chimaira, caliban, the list goes on! ha x
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Mostly Leonard Cohen, probably explains why i run so slowly.

haha!!!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Machine Head, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Pantera, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, The Haunted, Arch Enemy - all of those get the legs pumping :)
  • mcvc
    mcvc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ted Nuggent
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Scorpions
    The "Heavy Metal" sound track
    Shinny Toy Guns "Ghost Town"

This is what I had on my Itouch when I ran my first 5k. Beat last years walking time by 15 minutes.
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You gotta have Rammstein in there along with Polish band called Tool, Northern Irish band Stiff Little Fingers is a must, check them out on youtube play at Glasgow Barrowlands, does not get any better than that,. And of course you have to have AC/DC