Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• islander3
    Options
    Water it is! I have a big issue with drinking enough water. Maybe this challange will help to curb my evening snacking. I hope everyone is having a good week. Weigh in Thursday is making me nervous:tongue:
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You had to choose water Ashlee! Now I'm going to be drinking like crazy then peeing all night! LOL!
    I really do need to try to get to 8 cups a day though, I'm awful about drinking water!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You know, ladies, those extra trips to the bathroom from drinking all the extra water is only burning your calories! So get on it!

Time for a WATER CHECK! How many cups or ounces are you at for the day? How many more do you plan to drink??

4:33pm and I'm at 14 cups (or 112oz.) and plan to drink 2 more! That puts me 3 above my typical 13!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    You had to choose water Ashlee! Now I'm going to be drinking like crazy then peeing all night! LOL!
    I really do need to try to get to 8 cups a day though, I'm awful about drinking water!

Yes, I did it just for you, Rio, cause I knew you would :-) hahahahaha NOW DRINK UP!
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    I drink at LEAST six 8oz of water a day.. I can drink more.. After all, I am a water sign [Cancer]
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!! I drank 8 cups of water yesterday! I usually only drink 3-4, so this is big for me!
    Now, I get to start drinking again this morning! :drinker:
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did 11, that's 3 more than my min goal of 8 :drinker:
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I drank 6!!!! which is pretty huge for me considering some days I barely get 2! Keep up the good work all, weigh in tomorrow!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day of truth! Whose ready?! Go team red apples.
    Actually, go all teams!! We all got this one. Were all in this journey together and I cheer all you on.
    But a double cheer on to my team!!!!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a new challenge - water is something I need to improve on. I have days where I drink lots, but other days I just seem to forget, so good choice!

Eeek, weigh day tomorrow - honestly I haven no idea whether to expect a gain, a loss or a nothing. I'm really getting cracked into my new cycling routine, so hopefully losing weight, but also must be gaining muscle. Hmmmmm we'll see!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Way to go on the water yesterday ladies!!!!!!!!!!! That's a huge deal for those of you who don't usually drink that much! I really am proud of you all!!! Now keep up the awesome work today! I've had 5 cups today (40oz.) with plan to have 9-10 more (I have Zumba and running tonight, so I'll be gulping it afterwards!)

Oh gosh... weigh in tomorrow.... I am feeling really confident here. I do sneak a peek every day on my weight, but my scale is terrible and fluctuates a lot (like, I can get on it 3 times in a row within a 15 second period and get 3 different weights within a pound of eachother...) So, as of this morning I was down 1.2 pounds! Pretty excited to see what tomorrow holds, especially since today is my biggest workout day!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Regardless of my NSV on Monday, I honestly think that I gained weight this past week. Only due to the fact that I was in bed all weekend resting my damn ankle, and my cheat day yesterday. We'll just have to see!!!

Good job to everyone with their water intake :happy: Just don't drown yourself.. :laugh:

Go Peaches!! :heart:
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Speaking of drowning... my stepmom is a nutritionist and she insists you can drink too much water. How do you know how much is too much???
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Speaking of drowning... my stepmom is a nutritionist and she insists you can drink too much water. How do you know how much is too much???

Honestly, I don't know!! LOL But!!! I have heard of something in the news a few years back that someone drank too much water & LITERALLY drowned herself. It was sad.

This doesn't mean NOT to do the challenge!! LOL I'll do some research tho & probably post a thread on it.
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    This doesn't mean NOT to do the challenge!! LOL I'll do some research tho & probably post a thread on it.

THANKS! I am curious...
  • paulahhhh
    Options

THANKS! I am curious...

No problem, love!! I love learning new things & sharing what I've learned. I think that's why I went back to school.. Hrmm. HAHA!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    No problem, love!! I love learning new things & sharing what I've learned. I think that's why I went back to school.. Hrmm. HAHA!

hahaha. I know what you mean. I love learning and could probably be a professional student if it paid as well as my job ;-)
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    Great job with the water everyone!! This is an awesome challenge.

Yes, you can drink too much water (water intoxication). This usually occurs when someone is overheated or sweating profusely and has lost a lot of sodium. By replacing your body with water instead of electrolytes, you are pulling all the water into the dehydrated cells and causing an electrolyte imbalance which increases intracranial pressure. This normally results in a headache, a change in mental status, weakness, and fatigue. It does not occur very often but I have heard of it happening to people when they are hiking in hot weather.

Anyways, I'll put my geeky nursing brain aside for now and say, you have nothing to worry about. As long as you're eating AND drinking water after your workouts, you should be fine!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! I can't wait to see everyone's results tomorrow. I know we're going to have a great 1st week!!!

Go BERRIES!!!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking... on my big workout days, I obviously consume more food with that extra water. And I pee a whole lot more, too, so it's not like it's just sitting in my system for hours.

Anyway, I'm excited for weigh-in, too!!! Can't wait to see everyone's results!!!

GO BLUE BERRIES! (and everyone else...) :bigsmile:
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Great job with the water everyone!! This is an awesome challenge.

Yes, you can drink too much water (water intoxication). This usually occurs when someone is overheated or sweating profusely and has lost a lot of sodium. By replacing your body with water instead of electrolytes, you are pulling all the water into the dehydrated cells and causing an electrolyte imbalance which increases intracranial pressure. This normally results in a headache, a change in mental status, weakness, and fatigue. It does not occur very often but I have heard of it happening to people when they are hiking in hot weather.

Anyways, I'll put my geeky nursing brain aside for now and say, you have nothing to worry about. As long as you're eating AND drinking water after your workouts, you should be fine!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! I can't wait to see everyone's results tomorrow. I know we're going to have a great 1st week!!!

Go BERRIES!!!

YAY for medical brains!! I haven't learned about water imbalance until I did my research! :D Thanks love!