Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• healthyhappy123
    Options
    I'll work on taking some pics so I have something to compare to at the end as well. I've always thought about doing this but once I leave the computer, it totally slips my mind! I think that would be a fun reward for all of us in November!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Go Bananas!!! I am so excited for us! I am trying to kick some butt, to be on top again next week!

What's our new weekly challenge?
    I might have one, if you all are game. Not much of a challege though. Everyone can take before pics of themselves, in bikinis or workout clothes, so you can see your bellies, legs, arms etc. Then you can keep them to compare in 5-10 pounds from now pics! I personally LOVE seeing the progress I have made!

C'mon everyone, keep at it, don't give up! Just imagine how GOOD you will feel on Thanksgiving, when all your family is around to see your progress!!

I can see how this can work for some, but i klnow if i take a pic i wont be able to help to keep looking at it with disgust.......which you would think would fuel me to workout but im afraid it will do the opposite lol
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am on the Red Apples team! I'll send you a friend request! Welcome to the group.

I'll take some before pics, but can't guarantee they'll be posted (we'll see how confident I am by the end of this challenge!).
    Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, I didn't do too bad but definitely need to get some workouts in the next few days before our Thursday weigh-in....
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to do before pics now to share at the end. Went clothes shopping and didn't buy a thing as I was disgusted at how big I am and how bad everything looks so that has motivated me to take the pics even if it's painful emotionally, it'll be worth it in the end!
    Also purchased a smaller plate for meals!!! It's my diet plate. Hoping it helps.
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Also purchased a smaller plate for meals!!! It's my diet plate. Hoping it helps.

I started using my niece's little bowls & plates for my food. It does help b/c the portions fit perfectly :D
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring my food portions with measuring cups. It really helps. Before I would just eye it and it turns out I was way off!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Okay, Rio, you must have known how much I absolutely HATE my stomach! So, thanks ;-) But seriously, I will take pics just because I do want to see my progress.
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Honey, you have no idea how much I hate MY stomach! When you see my before and after pics you will see why!
    No one ever told me how much damage a baby could do to your body.

I'm glad you took some pics!!

Are we ready for Thursday everyone? Amp up your workouts tomorrow! Go bananas!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I must admit I'm excited for tomorrow's weigh-in. *GO BLUE BERRIES*

I still haven't taken progress pictures but I will before week end. :)

Drink LOTS of water today!! :drinker:
    Manda
  • mummyv811
    Options
    WOOP for weigh in! I'm glugging down the water to try to flush out any nasties! I'm going out for a posh dinner tonight so I hope that doesn't affect anything too much! :ohwell:

Good luck to everyone else :flowerforyou:
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oooh team blueberries.......... i didnt lose last week..... i weighed in on tuesday and GAINED! so tomorrow's weigh in doesnt look too promising........... and next week my tom will start the day before weigh in. drinking a ton of water today....... 60 ounces down the hatch as of 11am.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooooooooooooo nervous for tomorrow's weigh-in. This Labor Day Weekend really did me BAD! :mad: We shall see what tomorrow holds..........
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I am sooooooooooooooooooo nervous for tomorrow's weigh-in. This Labor Day Weekend really did me BAD! :mad: We shall see what tomorrow holds..........

Same here!! Plus, I was out of town for my cousin's wedding!! But I did dance the whole time at the reception & went swimming when I could. HOPEFULLY that made up for the unknown calorie in take I did!!
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    If ANYTHING this week, I hope you can all be honest with yourselves. It's nice to hear people admit that they had a bad weekend or they think they gained, etc. This is a place where we should be able to be open about our weight loss journey and not feel judged. So when we weigh in tomorrow, if you HAVE gained weight or not lost, please don't feel bad and think that you might as well not log and that you're journey has ended. Be honest with yourself, your teammates, and your competitors and WE WILL KEEP GOING! I'm so glad I have found all of you friends through this challenge. To me, that is the greatest part of this website.

I personally am not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in either. I feel like I need to step up my game. I have some ideas about mixing up my workouts and I'm excited to try them out. I need to lift weights more often in order to successfully shed the fat. The more muscle you have on your body (and less fat), the more calories you burn at rest. I have to keep reminding myself that although I may be torching calories during a cardio workout, it only goes so far during the day. Time to pump up the intensity!

Now...because I'm all about being honest in order to be accountable, I'm providing you all (because I trust you) with the following link which will take you to my "before" pictures as well as some pictures of me at my goal weight in 2010. I carry most of my weight in my butt and thighs which is what is so frustrating...none of my pants fit right now!

https://picasaweb.google.com/105764419247937412690/Body?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLeL3oGGxuHqNQ&feat=directlink
  • warlocksmistress
    Options
    Aww, Ross! You look so cute, even in your before pics! And the fact that you could pull off a bikini at your "heavier" weight is amazing. I couldn't even at my lowest weight. Darn babies. :(
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I agree! You look AMAZING, Ross!!

If only I could find my darn camera! I don't want to be taking pictures of me in a bikini to blind the owner of the camera. B/c I'm sure I'll forget to delete them! HAHAH
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well, didn't think I'd had the best week but I've lost a lb so feel okay. Added it to the chart, hope it saves itself?! don't really know how it works, will check it later to see how everyone got on! xx
  • mummyv811
    Options
    Ross, you are proper gorg! :happy: I wish I looked like that! .... I still don't have the guts to put my current pics up as I look like a massive chunky monkey (apt considering I'm on the Bananas! :laugh: )

On the weigh in stakes.... I ACTUALLY LOST THIS WEEK! :bigsmile: WOOP!

Good luck to everyone else! :heart:

PS. Misslouisee - your weigh did save on the spreadsheet! Congrats on your loss :drinker:
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Hope you all have a great weigh-day!

Hello to the newbies. I'm glad you're with us. Misslouisee: I'm also on Red Apples so I'll send you an invite. And congrats on the loss! Well done to you too, mummyv811!

You look amazing, Ross! Even at your heaviest you look great! I look so lumpy by comparison. I'm still trying to summon some courage to get some pictures (I don't have a full length mirror in the house so I'd need to get my boyfriend to take the picture).

I've been really lazy the past week. No exercise and bad food choices - but I've lost another pound so I'm relieved. I don't think that luck will carry to a second week though so I'm going to have to be more controlled and active.

Good luck for all the rest of you!
  • Nikki881
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all have a great day today!

Not too happy, I'm up 1.5 pounds from last week, all thanks to my bad choices this past holiday weekend. Oh well, now I know what I did wrong, and how to avoid it next time!!

Good luck!!