Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Shall we have another weekend challange? Suggestions?

PS: My goal this week? Hitting ONEderland. :wink:

Hate to be super naive, but what what is "ONEderland"??
    x
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options

x

It's when your weight starts with a 1. I haven't been there since high school. And I think I'm the heaviest in this friendly competition... Aiming to do good for myself AND my team. Go Blue Berries!
  • misslouisee
    Options

x

It's when your weight starts with a 1. I haven't been there since high school. And I think I'm the heaviest in this friendly competition... Aiming to do good for myself AND my team. Go Blue Berries!

Oh I see! I hope you manage to get there this week!!! That would be awesome :)
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    Anyone know what happened with our spreadsheet? The top was deleted :frown:
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Anyone know what happened with our spreadsheet? The top was deleted :frown:

Weird! I just saw it there last night :sad:
  • misslouisee
    Options
    Just wanted to say, this is the first group I've joined! I've browsed at others to see how they work but this one seems like the best one I've seen!! Especially with the spreadsheet, whoever designed it well done :) x
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Just wanted to say, this is the first group I've joined! I've browsed at others to see how they work but this one seems like the best one I've seen!! Especially with the spreadsheet, whoever designed it well done :) x

Ross, healthyhappy123, created the group & spreadsheet. I totally agree with you!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    WARNING BLUEBERRIES: IM PRETTY SURE ILL BE GAINING THIS WEEK AS I JUST DID MY MONDAY WEIGH IN AND GAINED AND I START MY TOM ON WEDNESDAY........ SO IM GONNA NEED YOU ALL TO WORK TWICE AS HARD TO CARRY MY SLACK LOL
  • healthyhappy123
    Options

Ross, healthyhappy123, created the group & spreadsheet. I totally agree with you!

Aww thanks friends! I'm a computer geek if you haven't noticed haha. But I also wanted something other than just a forum to keep track of everyone's stats and help people stay motivated. I wish MFP could have a feature like it or at least have a way to create real groups like on Facebook. So the spreadsheet is my solution to keeping us all motivated and in touch!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    WARNING BLUEBERRIES: IM PRETTY SURE ILL BE GAINING THIS WEEK AS I JUST DID MY MONDAY WEIGH IN AND GAINED AND I START MY TOM ON WEDNESDAY........ SO IM GONNA NEED YOU ALL TO WORK TWICE AS HARD TO CARRY MY SLACK LOL

We got your back! My TOM was last week and I had a gain, so this week I am hitting it hard! Hoping to see a 2+ pound loss! OH... and don't count yourself out just because of TOM... use it as motivation to work even harder, so you can see a loss on top of TOM being here! Then once he's gone, your loss will be huge!
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    I have a weekly challenge for everyone! How about this coming weekend, no matter what your plans are, make it one you won't regret (diet wise) on Monday. I feel like a lot of us are slipping on the weekends (myself included) and we need a little kick in the you know what to remind us that the weekend is still part of life and everyday counts when you are trying to lose weight! So how about it??
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I have a weekly challenge for everyone! How about this coming weekend, no matter what your plans are, make it one you won't regret (diet wise) on Monday. I feel like a lot of us are slipping on the weekends (myself included) and we need a little kick in the you know what to remind us that the weekend is still part of life and everyday counts when you are trying to lose weight! So how about it??

Sounds great actually!! I will definitely take part in this b/c we have a family party this whole weekend. And if you've ever been to a Filipino party, then you know it's the worse place to be at when you're counting calories...
  • misslouisee
    Options

Well said! I have friends round at the weekend but they are at my house. For some reason I find it soooo much easier if I am hosting to stick to being good and fuss over the guests. When I'm someone elses house I just feel rude if I say no to everything lol silly isn't it!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Oooh I like that challenge! I'm totally in! My biggest struggle is definitely weekends!! We are always busy on weekends and foot becomes whatever is quick and easy, which is typically not good! So I will definitely partake in this challenge... maybe we should make it a weekly weekend challenge throughout our whole 14 weeks??
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This weekend challenge is a great idea. I don't know what it is about the weekends, but there always seems to be something going on that lets me make "excuses" for letting loose. And yes, it's true, every once in awhile (like my bday, anniversary) is ok to indulge but not every weekend! Let's do this!!
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like the weekend idea, I also need to get my weekdays in check as well!!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great challenge idea!!! Why are weekends so hard to stay on track?! I know I gained a pound over the weekend, which seems to happen every week :devil: Keep up the good work everyone! GO PEACHES!!!!!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else has said - great challenge idea! It's so true, each weekend there seems to be an excuse to relax and indulge! But NOT THIS ONE MY FRUITY FRIENDS!!!

Not feeling too optimistic about tomorrow's weigh-in - I've given my bike a rest this week, taking the train into work each day and then running when I get home (at least that's the plan) because.....*gulp*.......I'm applying for the Paris marathon tomorrow and my training starts on Monday!

Eeeeeek!!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Oooooh that's exciting about the Paris marathon!! How cool!!! My boss keeps trying to convince me to run a marathon. I laugh every time! hahahahahaha! So funny!!!!!!!!!!! 5ks are enough for me... 3 miles and I'm done!

How is everyone feeling about weigh-in tomorrow? I've had a great week, but am still struggling to get below 150! Why is it so hard for me????????? I have been stuck between 151 and 155 for MONTHS! I will have a great week and get down to 151, and then the next week I'm back to 153... where I was as of today. :angry: this is getting old...... Any suggestions to help get me out of this plateau???
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weigh in is TOMORROW! I can't believe this week has flown by so fast!
    How is everyone doing? Make sure you amp up your workouts today ladies!

AFM- I will probably have gained about .5 lbs or maintained. I weighed a couple of days ago and I had gained back 1.5 lbs, but as of today I am up .5. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow! :drinker: