Short hair=Less attractive???

Options

Replies

• jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had pretty long hair and I wanted a change. When I told people I was going to chop it off, everyone told me not to do it. My (now ex) boyfriend didn't want me to either. Well, being the stubborn person that I am, I did it anyway. It actually came out pretty darn cute and everyone who told me not to do it changed their minds. My fiance loves my short hair. So I think it's all in how you feel. You are the one to has to see it in the mirror everyday. I say do it!!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Like a couple of people have said already, I think it's all about what suits that person's face - some suit short hair and some don't. I personally have had both short hair (in a bob style) and also long hair which is about shoulder blade length at the moment.

I think it's all about the confidence you carry it with!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have short hair and I get compliments on my hair all the time...from men and women. I love my hair :D
  • fendeb
    fendeb Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi, I think you should go for it. I now have short hair & love it. I have yet had anyone say they did not like my short hair. If if suits your face why not? If you feel pretty than the world sees you that way. Go for it!!
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I actually did a poll at the shop I used to work at (all guys). Out of 50 guys, only 1 said they liked girls with short hair. I don't think I've gone shorter than a chin length bob ever since.
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    i like long hair personally but if you have short hair thats cool to not going to let that be the reason i dont try and say
    "hello" :smile:
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just cut my hair, from my collar bone to my chin last week. I have thick and tight curls, and that would be the one type that looks bad short right? it still looks great! I've been getting compliments on how cute I look with it, and it's sooo easy to manage and care for! I thought with my chubby cheeks it would look odd!

if you want short hair, CUT IT! and to hell with what guys think!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Audrey Hepburn had short hair and she was stunning. Wear your hair how you like it, because the happy confidence it gives you is what guys will notice.
  • h82bfat
    h82bfat Posts: 77
    Options
    I don't think there is a one cut fits all...Some guys like girls who are thin and athletic others like some curves. Some like blond hair and blue eyes, others like darker skin and hair. I happen to dig long hair and I can assure you not everybody thinks like me. If you're comfortable (both with the temperature and the look) you'll be more attractive than having any style you don't care as much for.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It fully depends on your face. Some people can pull off short hair, others not so much. I had short hair for about 5 years and though it was way easier to manage and at times my now long hair drives me crazy I get way more compliments with the longer hair then I did with the short. As for which guys like better, depends on the guy though I agree with your statement about any guy who likes you for your hair is not worth the time of day.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair on myself, because I don't have the face type to pull of shorter hair. I think it depends more the your face shape. Bobs are adorable and low maintenance, and still long enough to do something with your hair if you were going out somewhere.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair on myself, because I don't have the face type to pull of shorter hair. I think it depends more the your face shape. Bobs are adorable and low maintenance, and still long enough to do something with your hair if you were going out somewhere.
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    I wish I coudl pull off short hair, however, I have a chubby face and can't! But if the haircut frames your face the right way short hair could be fun! :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have long hair, but I love short hair. The only reason mine is long is because i've made several attempts at short only to discover every time that it just doesn't suit me, and also seems to require a lot more fussing. My boyfriend likes my long hair but agrees that short hair can be sexy if it suits the face shape and the attitude/confidence level.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person.
    I think Jamie Eason is probably the hottest female alive on the planet right now, and I've never seen her with anything but short hair.

If you don't know who she is:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=fitness+model+jamie+eason&hl=en&prmd=ivnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VGtNTunUCc_1gAfLro3pBg&ved=0CBkQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=653
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    What you feel comfortable with is all that counts.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I prefer shoulder length hair if given a choice.

Lets just say its enough to pull on but not enough to get in the way..
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I found that short hair was high maint... for me.... and I couldn't put it in a pony to workout.... eck... who would have thought. I grew it back out because it's easier. Yes, it get's pretty hot under all this hair (I'm in Phoenix, too) and I do rock short hair (I was told), but I personally like long hair. Less attractive? Hmmm.... I think it is a different kind of 'attractive'... it appeals to a different crowd.... but not less. Have fun! If you want to chop it off.... =)..... go for it. It grows back, after all.... mine like a weed!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I think short hair can be super cute if worn by the right person. I cut all mine off at the start of summer and have loved it. I want my long hair back for winter though. I have met very few guys who like short hair but they do exist. I say do what your comfortable with!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on wether it suits you or not.
    Iv seen stunning people with short hair!
    But myself, it looks horrible on me.. When my hair was cut bob short, whenever i looked in the mirror i would cry..
    So i think over all long hair is better..
    But it just depends on what would suit you more!